Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,277 members, 7,894,184 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 03:50 AM

Electricity: Nigerians To Pay More From July 1 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Electricity: Nigerians To Pay More From July 1 (660 Views)

Dangote Group Sponsors Nigerians To India To Understudy Refinery Operations / Nigerians To Pay More For Garri, Yam, Others In Coming Weeks – Report / PHCN: Consumers To Pay More As New Owners Move To Recover Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electricity: Nigerians To Pay More From July 1 by focusxo4: 9:48am On Jun 24, 2011
lectricity consumers will pay N1.50 more per kilowatt (pkw) from July 1, a rise of 16.5 per cent, despite unreliable supply which ensures a costly business environment that affects all economic sectors, from the pepper grinder in the market to big manufacturers in industrial hubs.

Electricity consumers will pay N1.50 more per kilowatt (pkw) from July 1, a rise of 16.5 per cent, despite unreliable supply which ensures a costly business environment that affects all economic sectors, from the pepper grinder in the market to big manufacturers in industrial hubs.
Re: Electricity: Nigerians To Pay More From July 1 by omoola007(m): 4:40pm On Jun 24, 2011
This is why there will never be electricity in this country. At N10 who in their right minds will invest the Billions of $ needed to get the economy functioning well.

That way too low. How much do you pay per kilowatt to use generator?? that is about what PHCN price should be since they use the same generators (much bigger and inefficient) to transmit power to you.

Mark my words. Power will not get better until people are willing to pay market price and we all know that its not N10. If it was, nobody will care about PHCN because we will all generate our own power.
Re: Electricity: Nigerians To Pay More From July 1 by Nairaplus(m): 8:38am On Jun 25, 2011
omoola007:

This is why there will never be electricity in this country. At N10 who in their right minds will invest the Billions of $ needed to get the economy functioning well.

That way too low. How much do you pay per kilowatt to use generator?? that is about what PHCN price should be since they use the same generators (much bigger and inefficient) to transmit power to you.

Mark my words. Power will not get better until people are willing to pay market price and we all know that its not N10. If it was, nobody will care about PHCN because we will all generate our own power.

I don't think so bro. PHCN supplies electricity by a combination of several sources and with hydro being major I would say your argument is too shallow. I run my generator at 4Litre for every 5hours. If you do the maths, then it would come up to 29litres daily. Assuming a litre of fuel costs N65, that would be approximately N1,885 per day for just 21.6kwh. That is at the rate of N87 per Kwh. If I may ask you, Is that what neighbouring Ghana charges its citizens?
Re: Electricity: Nigerians To Pay More From July 1 by page9(m): 9:59am On Jun 26, 2011
It is dis same shallow argument that those who advocate for removal of d imaginary subsidy on fuel always give .I am an economist and I make bold to challenge anyone to provide d tru cost of producing fuel or power or any product or service offer by govt.
The truth is 70% of the cost is made up of inefficiencies & corruption.

Have you had cause to transact biz wit any govt establishment? You will understand what I'm talking about.

Sometimes, I wonder why china products are amazingly cheap.They also produce high quality products to europe and america at cheaper prices.They have been able to do this among other reasons because they have zoro tolerance for corruption and they keep working on their inefficiencies.Several Govt officials have been sentenced to death in chiina for corruption.

What do we have here, Alamesiegha,Ibori,Igbinedon, d list is endless are d godfathers of politics in nigeria and they get away with impunity.EFCC has been overwhelmed by d depth of corruption in Nigeria.Make no mistake, Bankole's case will soon b forgotten and he will b walking about freely intimidating d rest of us with stolen money.Have you all forgotten Olabode George so soon? Wherever corruption & inefficiencies thrive, nothing works!
Re: Electricity: Nigerians To Pay More From July 1 by vickynet39(m): 6:13pm On Jul 01, 2011
i wonder why i will pay more while 16hours/pday light is not guaranteed?

(1) (Reply)

Internet Access For Cyber Cafe / Forbes--nigeria Ranks High Amongst Most Innovative In The World ! / Bicycle @ 20 Usd Per One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.