Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,699 members, 7,948,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 05:15 AM

"Fractured Democracy: I Weep For Nigeria" -dr. Ime S. Ekpo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Fractured Democracy: I Weep For Nigeria" -dr. Ime S. Ekpo (248 Views)

Aisha Buhari Fractured Her Leg While Trying To Beat Aminu Adamu - Ja’afar / Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria / Dele Momodu: I Weep For Buhari… His Wife Has Cried Out Endlessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Fractured Democracy: I Weep For Nigeria" -dr. Ime S. Ekpo by changenews2013: 9:22am On Feb 11, 2022
Dr. Ime S. Ekpo is the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Incarnate Holdings Limited. He s the Village Head of Utu Edem Using and Clan-Head-elect of Otoro Ubo Clan, in Ikot Ekpene local government area of Akwa Ibom State.
Over the years, Dr. Ekpo has taken centre stage in analysing the state of the nation and its political future. In this discourse, Obong Uforo Ikot Ekpene takes the critical analysis on the perspectives of Nigerian politicians with their selfish interests

As far as I am concerned, and as a representative of the people, especially on topical national issues, the ruling party in Nigeria is not doing anything different from past governments. For years, we have been yearning for internal sustainable democracy, but we are very far from it.
The central government and its 36 states have abandoned their manisfestos. Promise's are not kept.
There is no strong leadership, nd decision-taking is slow-so we are having many crises and controversies all over.
Political parties are not exclusive or participatory enough. Nigeria's politics is personality-based. People want to exercise authority and dictates what happen in parties. Those who have looted the government treasury become godfather figures, winning elections and claiming power, all to acquire more wealth and protect their investments, arrogating power to themselves.
There is no transparency and accountability in the political system.
Politicians do not take care of those who elected them into power and reach out to them r carry them along.
Candidates are imposed on voters. Those candidates are not their choice and not the right candidates.
Politicians acquire power to deal with their opponents and to solve their personal problems. They are not there to make policies that will affect the lives of the people.
Looking at the background of this, I feel Nigeria is unripe for true democracy and corruption in all arms of governments has become an un repented virus that has destroyed the fabrics of our political history.
Re: "Fractured Democracy: I Weep For Nigeria" -dr. Ime S. Ekpo by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 9:30am On Feb 11, 2022
hahahahahahaha....
Re: "Fractured Democracy: I Weep For Nigeria" -dr. Ime S. Ekpo by triple996(m): 9:31am On Feb 11, 2022
We will get there someday undecided
Say no to cannibalism and kpurumiri cheesy
Re: "Fractured Democracy: I Weep For Nigeria" -dr. Ime S. Ekpo by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:59am On Feb 11, 2022
You are weeping for people who ain't ready to deal with their issues.. undecided
Re: "Fractured Democracy: I Weep For Nigeria" -dr. Ime S. Ekpo by dudu0004: 11:52am On Feb 11, 2022
[s]
triple996:
We will get there someday undecided
Say no to cannibalism and kpurumiri cheesy
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

Fire Guts Sheikh Gumi’s House In Kaduna / Buhari Sponsoring Global Bill To Regulate Social Media – Lai Mohammed / Lagos State Drags Nigerian Government To Supreme Court Over Magodo Estate Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.