Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,274 members, 7,891,268 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:46 AM

Please Help! Planning To Survive In (abuja/lagos) On Apx. N5Millon For 1 Yr. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Help! Planning To Survive In (abuja/lagos) On Apx. N5Millon For 1 Yr. (2542 Views)

#lagoslessons - Nigerians Give Important Tips On How To Survive Living In Lagos / 5 Rules To Survive In Lagos / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help! Planning To Survive In (abuja/lagos) On Apx. N5Millon For 1 Yr. by simplyme3(f): 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2007
i talked about those who havent stepped out of their cocoon because these people say tell her that 5m is not enough to spend in a year in Nigeria, i meant that they say that as if life is as rosy as they think outside Nigeria - its not - it is realy suffer head outside Nigeria.
Re: Please Help! Planning To Survive In (abuja/lagos) On Apx. N5Millon For 1 Yr. by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 09, 2007
@OP

Hope u have enuf info to make a good choice now

holla when u get here alrit
Re: Please Help! Planning To Survive In (abuja/lagos) On Apx. N5Millon For 1 Yr. by Ndipe(m): 2:33am On Aug 09, 2007
Why all these hostility, and how can you just assume that the writer is just bragging? 5 million Naira may be a lot of money, but it could be that the writer cashed in on her equity on her real estate, has a good paying job or is a businesswoman. Leave her alone. That's her decision, to stay in Nigeria for one year, and for Seun, it is wrong to discourage her from visiting Nigeria. That's her home, and if that is her dream, then let her go for it. Una think say person no dey get homesickness because dem dey live for America? Not so!

@the poster. I have never been to Abuja, but I'd like to think that 5 million Naira is more than enough for one person to survive.

Besides, what would be the point in bragging about one's worth in an online community when majority of the responders do not even know each other.
Re: Please Help! Planning To Survive In (abuja/lagos) On Apx. N5Millon For 1 Yr. by simplyme3(f): 7:33pm On Aug 09, 2007
u r all goats.
Re: Please Help! Planning To Survive In (abuja/lagos) On Apx. N5Millon For 1 Yr. by Rubbermaid(f): 10:00pm On Aug 31, 2007
simply_me:

you're all goats.
simply_me:

i talked about those who havent stepped out of their cocoon because these people say tell her that 5m is not enough to spend in a year in Nigeria, i meant that they say that as if life is as rosy as they think outside Nigeria - its not - it is realy suffer head outside Nigeria.
simply_me:

the hostility is because of the way people talk - telling her the luxuries that she can't even afford where she is coming from and talking as if it is sufferness to live in Nigeria.

simply_me
- you are really ANGRY!! Too bad.

You have suffered so much that the idea that someone has ordinary N5M in discretionary income is mind blowing to you - Poverty is a very bad thing o grin

Heya - abeg if Cambodia is making you suffer so much that you are now bitter then go home. I could use a housegirl you know, and if I budget well I just maybe able to spare N1 p.a for you - you, know, help you out of your misery.

My own hard earned money that I want to spend is making you tear your pant,

na wa for hatorade o. shocked
Re: Please Help! Planning To Survive In (abuja/lagos) On Apx. N5Millon For 1 Yr. by Rubbermaid(f): 10:05pm On Aug 31, 2007
@Salsera,

So much thanks for the valuable insight - I very much appreciate it. Thank you!!!
Re: Please Help! Planning To Survive In (abuja/lagos) On Apx. N5Millon For 1 Yr. by HolinessM: 10:05pm On Aug 31, 2007
where u got the money Rubber? na steal u steal am? 5million in one year? if u worked for it, u wont want to spend it all in one year - no matter what. 5Million is a lot of money in Nigeria to spend in one year.
Re: Please Help! Planning To Survive In (abuja/lagos) On Apx. N5Millon For 1 Yr. by tnaidaR(f): 10:15pm On Aug 31, 2007
*giggles and walks out*
Re: Please Help! Planning To Survive In (abuja/lagos) On Apx. N5Millon For 1 Yr. by KnowAll(m): 1:45pm On Sep 01, 2007
when you are in rome u live like d romans, car get yourself honda hala its only N700,000.00 a clean one with ac and its quite reliable. With car out of d way, if u can find a realiable priced house then u are smooth sailing. If u are going 4 one year you dont need to drive one expensive car. Lagos have all the fun spots, but u have to live on the island, and that is some serious dough when it comes to rent. I will advise u to live in abuja, and fly to lagos anytime u want to have fun. I personally live in ibadan which is quite cheap when i am in town, and its only 100 miles to lagos.
Re: Please Help! Planning To Survive In (abuja/lagos) On Apx. N5Millon For 1 Yr. by poseidon12: 6:04pm On Feb 18, 2008
Hi Rubbermaid,
Please don't be discouraged by some of the negative responses. I you're still considering coming to Nigeria, I will say go for it. You will survive comfortably for a year with 5million Naira. However, Nigeria is surprisingly an expensive place to live in (you generally do not get your money's worth). And, true, Nigeria is not a tourist destination; but you'll not be a tourist here. This is your country and you need to keep abreast of what's going on here, like various business opportunities that abound which will not be apparent to a foreigner.

If you want to come, consider Abuja. It is the only decent city in Nigeria, especially for someone who has been over in the west for a long time. You'll feel more at home in Abuja. From Abuja you can visit the rest of the country. Stay clear of Lagos (except for visits). Lagos is a complete jungle and a slum (including the so called VI, Ikoyi, and Lekki). The roads in Lagos are not motorable (unless you're bringing an suv).

Consider shipping your car since it is late model (there is a ban on cars older than 8yrs). Clearing is straight forward, through a clearing agent. Duties paid are negotiated with the customs. Govt recently reduced duties on most cars except luxury ones to 20%.

If you need more info, please ask.
Re: Please Help! Planning To Survive In (abuja/lagos) On Apx. N5Millon For 1 Yr. by ellaluchi: 8:42pm On Feb 18, 2008
I wonder why people should be wasting their time replying this poster.,,,,this poster is merely pulling your legs,,,where did she get that kind of money to come and spend in naija, abi she think say naija na tourist home,,,as for mr seun u really sound like a frustrated human being,,,i dont even earn the amount of money she has mentioned and yet i m living a quality life here in naija, for pessimistic people like seun,just travel to other country and u will surely start to appreciate naija.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Start A Travel Agency / 10 Most Dangerous Countries In The World / Brazilian Woman Watched Her Daughter And Husband Drown Near The Usa(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.