Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,093 members, 7,939,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 04:33 AM

Honda Civic Hybrid 2006 Car Trouble - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Civic Hybrid 2006 Car Trouble (1158 Views)

Honda Civic Versus Honda Civic Hybrid Which Is Better? / The New 2019 Honda Insight Looks Just Like A Honda Accord/civic Hybrid. / Brainbox Needed For Hyundai Accent 2006 Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Civic Hybrid 2006 Car Trouble by Anuoladipup0(m): 8:29am On Feb 12, 2022
Hello, please I have been using the car above since last year April and I have noticed the CHECK ENGINE LINE has been on and the CAR HESITATES DURING ACCELERATION, it sometimes JERKS AT LOW SPEED and FEELS HEAVIER while driving.
I have scanned severally but nothing has been diagnosed. I have checked the plugs, changed air filter. I will appreciate any suggestions on how to resolve this issue.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honda Civic Hybrid 2006 Car Trouble by MarveworldG: 9:07am On Feb 12, 2022
Had 2004 hybrid Honda civic, that car kept showing IMA and the battery does not charge.
It was exactly what you explained here.
The bad news is that Honda cannot help you with the car because it is old model, secondly, Nigerian car technicians cannot fix it because they don't understand the technology.
You want to know what I did to the car?

Was sold as scrap

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honda Civic Hybrid 2006 Car Trouble by Dozieson(m): 11:06am On Feb 12, 2022
Hybrid cars are something else

1 Like

Re: Honda Civic Hybrid 2006 Car Trouble by folake873: 7:48pm On Feb 12, 2022
I guess, is an hybrid car ...once the battery at the back seat is low....the car will not accelerate as u want
Re: Honda Civic Hybrid 2006 Car Trouble by skywalker240(m): 10:43pm On Feb 13, 2022
Omo hybrid na "no go de do pass yourself"

Gurus oya make una come help OP oo
Re: Honda Civic Hybrid 2006 Car Trouble by Lexusgs430: 1:17am On Feb 14, 2022
Anuoladipup0:
Hello, please I have been using the car above since last year April and I have noticed the CHECK ENGINE LINE has been on and the CAR HESITATES DURING ACCELERATION, it sometimes JERKS AT LOW SPEED and FEELS HEAVIER while driving.
I have scanned severally but nothing has been diagnosed. I have checked the plugs, changed air filter. I will appreciate any suggestions on how to resolve this issue.
Thanks

You need a trained hybrid technician....... How big/deep is your pocket......

I hope you have a budget of ₦500K+.........
Re: Honda Civic Hybrid 2006 Car Trouble by Anuoladipup0(m): 1:02pm On Feb 16, 2022
What do you suggest is wrong with it?
Lexusgs430:

You need a trained hybrid technician....... How big/deep is your pocket......

I hope you have a budget of ₦500K+.........
Re: Honda Civic Hybrid 2006 Car Trouble by Anuoladipup0(m): 1:03pm On Feb 16, 2022
Wow that's not a good thing to hear now
MarveworldG:
Had 2004 hybrid Honda civic, that car kept showing IMA and the battery does not charge.
It was exactly what you explained here.
The bad news is that Honda cannot help you with the car because it is old model, secondly, Nigerian car technicians cannot fix it because they don't understand the technology.
You want to know what I did to the car?

Was sold as scrap
Re: Honda Civic Hybrid 2006 Car Trouble by Anuoladipup0(m): 1:06pm On Feb 16, 2022
It's the EGR VALVE that got clogged up. It's was removed and carburetor cleaner was used to clean off the thick carbon that clogged it. Glad to say all symptoms are gone and the car accelerates normally.
Thanks
Anuoladipup0:
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Honda Civic Hybrid 2006 Car Trouble by Anuoladipup0(m): 1:11pm On Feb 16, 2022
I have a problem with my brake. The brake system and brake light is ON. My brake is very soft and I have to press like 4 times before it works. I was advised to change the ADVANCED HYDRAULIC BOOSTER, now the break is very hard to press and the brake system and brake lights are still ON.
KINDLY HELP WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS
Anuoladipup0:
Thanks
Re: Honda Civic Hybrid 2006 Car Trouble by Lexusgs430: 3:48pm On Feb 16, 2022
Anuoladipup0:
I have a problem with my brake. The brake system and brake light is ON. My brake is very soft and I have to press like 4 times before it works. I was advised to change the ADVANCED HYDRAULIC BOOSTER, now the break is very hard to press and the brake system and brake lights are still ON.
KINDLY HELP WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS

The brake systems on hybrid vehicles, is not the same with conventional vehicles.........

If you don't look for a properly trained hybrid technician, something catastrophic could happen.........

A vehicle can be deemed a weapon, if braking system is defective ..........

(1) (Reply)

How To Checkmate Car Catalyst Theft / The Top 10 Most Fuel-efficient Used Cars On The Market In 2023 / 2nd Body Advertised And Sold As First Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.