Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,728 members, 7,975,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 12:46 PM

Someone Is Scamming Me - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Someone Is Scamming Me (385 Views)

Yahoo Boys Make Jest Of A White Man After Scamming Him "You Go Cry Die" / Nigerian Prince Arrested For Scamming Hundreds Of Job Seekers In New York(Pics) / White Lady Calls Out Nigerian Man For 'Scamming' Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someone Is Scamming Me by aigohior(m): 10:36am On Feb 12, 2022
You see, I recently opened a bank account and the customer service said my bvn needs 24hours to be ready, it was on Thursday.
So the next day(Friday) I received a call from an acclaimed customer care who knew my name, surname and the bank I opened an account with asking if I have received a message from my bank with my BVN, I said no and he ended the call.
The Monday of the next week another customer care(acclaimed) called telling me to come to the bank, it was 09:03am. I knew it was another because the voice was different.
I told him that I can't come to the bank, because of some issues. The way the guy was rushing me made me anxious. After a few minutes the guy called again asking me if I am going, I said I was getting ready,then he said I shouldn't worry. Then the guy said my name, surname and bank I opened an account with.
But he said I should call my account number to verify that it is really me, which I did. Then he told me to dail a number which brought back a message with my OTP, I gave him my OTP because he asked for it, he then switched off the call.
When he called back I he asked how much is in my account, I told him, he them old me to send 1k recharge card and I will not need to come to the bank again, that was when I tried to challenge him, and ask why he was asking for my OTP and recharge card.
He got angry and said "I am trying to help you here, you think I am joking. If you don't send it I will remove everything from my account, remember that I have your OTP".
I was stalling him to see if there was anything I could do to revoke the OTP(thank God for google). After several attempts calling and threatening me. It done on me that this guy is asking for recharge card, if he could empty my account he would have done it by now.
On Tuesday he called I wasted his time, then a message came to my phone (image of the message is below). So I went to the bank on Wednesday complained and they said "since your account was not debited you are OK". On Thursday after the message came, a different guy called trying to pull the same stunt, I told him "I am a mobile developer and website developer he should call if he needs my service"
He was about to say "I don't care if you are a web.....", I switched off the call on his ear. I have not received any call from them since then.
But the message keeps coming to my phone between 08:30am to 09:00am. And I am consigned

Image message below

Re: Someone Is Scamming Me by Jamesbiodun(m): 10:51am On Feb 12, 2022
Don't call the number... They can't do shit to your account...
They will need to send you another OTP code from the paystack to wipe your account
Re: Someone Is Scamming Me by Goldbw122(m): 10:57am On Feb 12, 2022
Any message you see number, dont call, if you want to know the real fact, check the internet.. and you will see the real phone number...
Re: Someone Is Scamming Me by aigohior(m): 9:05pm On Feb 12, 2022
Jamesbiodun:
Don't call the number... They can't do shit to your account...
They will need to send you another OTP code from the paystack to wipe your account

I thought so, thanks
Re: Someone Is Scamming Me by aigohior(m): 9:10pm On Feb 12, 2022
Goldbw122:
Any message you see number, dont call, if you want to know the real fact, check the internet.. and you will see the real phone number...

The app is on playstore, I did some research and downloaded it to see what it is all about. And it is owned by a Nigerian. The app may not be the problem but the users. The app is like an online /digital P.O.S

(1) (Reply)

Commuters Scramble Out Of Cars As Electric Cable Sparks In Maryland, Lagos (vide / Deborah Samuel: To Be Murdered In Cold Blood And Burnt Is Completely Needless / BREAKING: Bomb Explosion Hits Kogi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.