Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,653 members, 7,951,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:16 PM

‘I Can’t Wait To Put On The Super Eagles Shirt’ –lookman Thrilled With Nationali - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ‘I Can’t Wait To Put On The Super Eagles Shirt’ –lookman Thrilled With Nationali (412 Views)

Thankful To God’ — Osimhen ‘thrilled’ Returning To Training After Injury-induced / Osimhen: I Can’t Wait To Face Ronaldo / Leon Balogun Reveals Proud Moment In Super Eagles Shirt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Can’t Wait To Put On The Super Eagles Shirt’ –lookman Thrilled With Nationali by solbase10(m): 10:37am On Feb 12, 2022
Director of Communications, Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Ademola Olajire, has described Ademola Lookman as a great addition to the Super Eagles.

World governing body, FIFA, approved Lookman’s switch from England, for whom he helped win the Under-20 World Cup in 2017.

The 24-year-old Leicester City forward was eligible to play for the Super Eagles through his parents and the clearance means that he could play in the two-legged 2022 World Cup play-off against Ghana in March.

And speaking on the switch Olajire, told BBC Sport Africa:“We are excited about this positive news because it comes as a major boost for the national team.

“He’s now eligible to play for Nigeria starting with next month’s matches, but a decision whether to invite him or not is the sole responsibility of the coach.

“Lookman is a great addition to the Super Eagles and after a long wait, we are delighted that he can finally play for us.”

Having represented England at Under-19, Under-20 and Under-21 level, Lookman will be looking to play for Nigeria in major tournaments like the AFCON and the FIFA World Cup.

But the process to get him to switch international allegiance began in 2020 when the team secretary Dayo Enebi prepared all the required documents on the NFF’s part.

However, the application suffered a long delay due to the player’s inability to sort out his Nigerian passport and his failure to provide a written request for a change of association in line with FIFA regulations.

Lookman only completed the paperwork this week which enabled the NFF to file a fast track application for his clearance.

Source: https://www.completesports.com/lookman-a-great-addition-to-super-eagles-nff-official/

Re: ‘I Can’t Wait To Put On The Super Eagles Shirt’ –lookman Thrilled With Nationali by Samunique(m): 11:37am On Feb 12, 2022
Welcome home bro !!!

And be prepared for the challenges ahead, plus including a lot of insults and treats from your Nigerian fans if you make any mistake.

You fit go take lesson from our fine boy oyinbo goalkeeper tongue he will tutor you. grin

Meanwhile, a new name awaits you from our nairaland tribalist brothers undecided from the other side of naija. Don't be surprised if they call you Afonja... Na so e be o, just take it and moveeee...

Cc Lalasticlala
Re: ‘I Can’t Wait To Put On The Super Eagles Shirt’ –lookman Thrilled With Nationali by WibusJaga: 11:46am On Feb 12, 2022

Congrats. Wish all our other "Nigerian" players will follow suit & switch allegiance to Nigeria. That's what is currently working in favour of Senegal. Several of their AFCON players had to switch allegiance from France.

I was looking at the lineup of Real Madrid vs Elche match & I saw one John Nwankwo in Elche. Checked player's details & felt awkward to see his country is Spain.
Re: ‘I Can’t Wait To Put On The Super Eagles Shirt’ –lookman Thrilled With Nationali by BlaqFaze: 12:32pm On Feb 12, 2022
WibusJaga:

Congrats. Wish all our other "Nigerian" players will follow suit & switch allegiance to Nigeria. That's what is currently working in favour of Senegal. Several of their AFCON players had to switch allegiance from France.

I was looking at the lineup of Real Madrid vs Elche match & I saw one John Nwankwo in Elche. Checked player's details & felt awkward to see his country is Spain.
Senegal did NOT win AFCON because players switch allegiances from France and this also is not an excuse for the poor display from Nigeria in the R16...

Their main man was Mane, he did switch allegiance from France

Likewise, Mendy and Koulibaly
Re: ‘I Can’t Wait To Put On The Super Eagles Shirt’ –lookman Thrilled With Nationali by Winningbot: 10:14am On Feb 13, 2022
At least make musa go rest

(1) (Reply)

Kieran Tierney Makes Arsenal Transfer Decision Amid Real Madrid Links / Super Falcon Ashleigh Plumptre Dances With Fans After Victory Vs Ivory Coast / "It Will Hunt Me For The Rest Of My Life": Chelsea Midfielder Jorginho Admits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.