Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,501 members, 7,881,693 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 07:31 AM

Ulfata Deresa Galeta Gets $30,000 As Winner Of Access Bank Lagos City Marathon - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ulfata Deresa Galeta Gets $30,000 As Winner Of Access Bank Lagos City Marathon (20269 Views)

Geleta Ulfata Wins Lagos Marathon 2022 (Photos) / Photos From Access Bank Lagos City Marathon; / Harrison Chinedu Completes The Lagos City Marathon Riding A Bicycle (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ulfata Deresa Galeta Gets $30,000 As Winner Of Access Bank Lagos City Marathon by Englishisamust: 6:02pm On Feb 12, 2022
okuta007:

tax the hell out of that money by 65% because that money is going to ethiopia not nigeria

why should any nigerian compete with a kenyan or ethiopian on marathon ? it is like playing messi, neymar, mbappe and ronaldo in one team against remo stars and expecting remo stars to win - Imporrrrrrr impossible - reason is because their country’s location is on high altitude so naturally they breed long distance runners due to environmental factors…. that’s unfair to Nigerians

if they want to have this race again, the. organizers should take it to kenya or ethiopia and save nigerians the agony of seeing foreigners come and collect the star prize when hunger dey bite kontri men

useless and misplaced priorities

why can’t the organizers give prizes for the funniest comedy skits in africa - nicest home video actor / actress or musician so our people can stand a chance of winning it ? after all those activities make more people happy in distress times than one useless marathon that benefits only the participants or rather winner - health wise and financially -

My question is - will Kenyan or Ethiopian companies do any competition about best African films or music knowing their host countries won’t stand a chance against Nigeria ? Naaaaaahhhhh- Awa mumu never do?

Thing wey we dey use develop our country. They should take it to Kenya, na Kenya or Ethiopia host aaam?? Abi you won make dem do aam strictly for Nigeria so that it will be local just the way our league is so local. If London marathon race is done strictly for UK citizens will it go international today. By the way the 30,000 dollars is nothing to the organizer.
We cant host afcon, world cup, even awcon. We should try and host something that will bring foreigners to our country.
Re: Ulfata Deresa Galeta Gets $30,000 As Winner Of Access Bank Lagos City Marathon by newoffer: 6:02pm On Feb 12, 2022
U wey suppose dey run upandan for 6 month before the marathon to align with the race
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Ethiopia them

Ogbeni....nor try am o

I try that thing that year for uniben marathon race....I nearly die

Na so so liquid I come dey drink for good two days

The worse part of it is that I nor even make top 100 people....

My chest come dey hot...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ulfata Deresa Galeta Gets $30,000 As Winner Of Access Bank Lagos City Marathon by petite626: 6:16pm On Feb 12, 2022
I THINK THEY SHOULD MAKE THIS RUN STRICTLY FOR NIGERIANS COS AM VERY SURE THIS GUY NA KENYAN.
Re: Ulfata Deresa Galeta Gets $30,000 As Winner Of Access Bank Lagos City Marathon by okuta007: 7:00pm On Feb 12, 2022
Englishisamust:

Thing wey we dey use develop our country. They should take it to Kenya, na Kenya or Ethiopia host aaam?? Abi you won make dem do aam strictly for Nigeria so that it will be local just the way our league is so local. If London marathon race is done strictly for UK citizens will it go international today. By the way the 30,000 dollars is nothing to the organizer.
We cant host afcon, world cup, even awcon. We should try and host something that will bring foreigners to our country.

The bold side shows that you have some inferiority complex issues - the same local league that produced Sunday Mba whose lone goal in the finals gave Nigeria AFCON gold in 2013 is the same league u arr describing "so local" - I no blame you Sir

Let me ask you, if $30,000 is so small and a drop in the bucket for the organizers - will that money not empower 30 Access Bank customers or 30 Nigerians with $1,000 each to set up a road side or small scale business ? How many Nigerians living in Nigeria make up to $5 or less a day ?

The hunger and frustration wey dey naija right now dey London like that ? U dey compare naija with London ? The kidnapping and insecurity wey dey naija right now dey London ? If u are hoping to build tourism with some marathon race when there is so much hunger and frustration in the land then u are dreaming or simply living in a bubble of self delusion... there is absolutely no justification for such capital flight - in business administration, there is a maxim called "social responsibility" .... that implies what organizations do to assist the communities where they conduct business .... but this organization called Access Bank is targeting Kenya and Ethiopia for assistance and not NIGERIA!

We hosted Afcon and even the junior world cup because every Nigerian believe's we stand a chance of winning it - why has Nigerian not hosted world basket ball tourneys? Or world karate competition? Because we can never win it - those sports are not our core competence. ....please don't just argue for arguing sake

Let them take that bs marathon to kenya or Ethiopia - enuff said!
Re: Ulfata Deresa Galeta Gets $30,000 As Winner Of Access Bank Lagos City Marathon by IFNOTGOD(m): 7:15pm On Feb 12, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Ethiopia them

Ogbeni....nor try am o

My chest come dey hot...
Na overheating

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ulfata Deresa Galeta Gets $30,000 As Winner Of Access Bank Lagos City Marathon by Noble19(m): 7:22pm On Feb 12, 2022
I think they should create a separate category for Nigerians under the international one,we no fit compete with those guys Kenyan and Ethiopian.
Re: Ulfata Deresa Galeta Gets $30,000 As Winner Of Access Bank Lagos City Marathon by Noble19(m): 7:27pm On Feb 12, 2022
The small race wey one of my guy ran that year during secondary School, na blood they commot him nose cheesy[right] wink
Re: Ulfata Deresa Galeta Gets $30,000 As Winner Of Access Bank Lagos City Marathon by Gbolahan111: 7:27pm On Feb 12, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Ethiopia them

Ogbeni....nor try am o

My chest come dey hot...

You mean your chest dey do overheating

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ulfata Deresa Galeta Gets $30,000 As Winner Of Access Bank Lagos City Marathon by lereinter(m): 7:50pm On Feb 12, 2022
Starz825:

Dem no suppose dey allow them come run race for Lagos...
30k dolls suppose dey go Nigerian pocket..
Shit

It should be a local marathon abi
Re: Ulfata Deresa Galeta Gets $30,000 As Winner Of Access Bank Lagos City Marathon by davillian(m): 8:29pm On Feb 12, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Ethiopia them

Ogbeni....nor try am o

My chest come dey hot...
Lmao sorry o,
Practice a year for it and see if you can jog for 2hrs 30mins
If you can then you can win the next marathon in Lagos.... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ulfata Deresa Galeta Gets $30,000 As Winner Of Access Bank Lagos City Marathon by crossbreedwears(m): 9:17pm On Feb 12, 2022
Lol lol. You're not nice oh
toujurs:
With the heavy food we eat ; cheesy, chicken, turkey, and meat. Those kenya guys don't eat meat much. That is why they are skinny.
Re: Ulfata Deresa Galeta Gets $30,000 As Winner Of Access Bank Lagos City Marathon by Englishisamust: 9:24pm On Feb 12, 2022
okuta007:

The bold side shows that you have some inferiority complex issues - the same local league that produced Sunday Mba whose lone goal in the finals gave Nigeria AFCON gold in 2013 is the same league u arr describing "so local" - I no blame you Sir

Let me ask you, if $30,000 is so small and a drop in the bucket for the organizers - will that money not empower 30 Access Bank customers or 30 Nigerians with $1,000 each to set up a road side or small scale business ? How many Nigerians living in Nigeria make up to $5 or less a day ?

The hunger and frustration wey dey naija right now dey London like that ? U dey compare naija with London ? The kidnapping and insecurity wey dey naija right now dey London ? If u are hoping to build tourism with some marathon race when there is so much hunger and frustration in the land then u are dreaming or simply living in a bubble of self delusion... there is absolutely no justification for such capital flight - in business administration, there is a maxim called "social responsibility" .... that implies what organizations do to assist the communities where they conduct business .... but this organization called Access Bank is targeting Kenya and Ethiopia for assistance and not NIGERIA!

We hosted Afcon and even the junior world cup because every Nigerian believe's we stand a chance of winning it - why has Nigerian not hosted world basket ball tourneys? Or world karate competition? Because we can never win it - those sports are not our core competence. ....please don't just argue for arguing sake

Let them take that bs marathon to kenya or Ethiopia - enuff said!

Pls that mba you talk where is he today ?? abi when last did Nigeria collect caf champions league?? check around you will see people discussing about football you will hardly find anyone supporting any Nigeria team or even talk about Nigeria league?? Over more than 200 Nigerian citizen are empowered every year by our billionaires and governments in one way or the other. Does it develop our economy? Has crime rate decrease??. Empowering 30 access bank customers what will it to do the economy?? he go decrease poverty in land. Does Qatar stand a chance in winning world cup?? why did they host it. Just for them hosting the world cup did you know how many stadiums, hotels, and recreational has been built to entertain and accommodate visitors.
It has also increase thier popularity in the world. If today Lagos marathon go international and 70 countries round the world decided to participate. Dont you know more hotels, recreational centers and bad road will be built and repair to accommodate and make visitors life easier. Even more revenue can be generated from our airports during flight and companies in Nigeria can use it to thier advantage as a means of advertising. Abii if you won accommodate person you no go clean your house or make you house peaceful. Because poverty dey land that doesn't mean other countries shouldnt benefit in what we organised. If premier league.has been made strictly for UK citizens when uk was still developing in 1900s do you think it will become what it be today. It is better we curb this our selfish interest to make our country develop.

1 Like

Re: Ulfata Deresa Galeta Gets $30,000 As Winner Of Access Bank Lagos City Marathon by Englishisamust: 9:34pm On Feb 12, 2022
lereinter:

It should be a local marathon abi

Leave him. Like say the 30,000 given to the Ethiopia man Is the problem of nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ulfata Deresa Galeta Gets $30,000 As Winner Of Access Bank Lagos City Marathon by iamgprince: 9:37pm On Feb 12, 2022
I could remember when i ran 50m race abi na wetin be the name, i no feel my legs for two days straight grin
Re: Ulfata Deresa Galeta Gets $30,000 As Winner Of Access Bank Lagos City Marathon by Kingisibor: 9:54pm On Feb 12, 2022
Starz825:

Shit
You're irrational in your thinking pattern! Africa is one...
Re: Ulfata Deresa Galeta Gets $30,000 As Winner Of Access Bank Lagos City Marathon by Nobody: 6:30am On Feb 13, 2022
Even those silly men giving bbnaija women free cash will grow blind to this event,refusing to sponsor some boys
Re: Ulfata Deresa Galeta Gets $30,000 As Winner Of Access Bank Lagos City Marathon by Ashirioluwa: 6:56am On Feb 13, 2022
Starz825:

Shit

Nigerians can participate in sport events abroad but you don’t want foreign nationals to participate in sporting event in Nigeria.
Re: Ulfata Deresa Galeta Gets $30,000 As Winner Of Access Bank Lagos City Marathon by Jossyroyal1: 8:42am On Feb 13, 2022
Calicoe:

Then you will hear that the winner completed the race in 4hrs, 59mins, 59secs grin grin grin

Lol

It's not as bad as you are painting it oo
Re: Ulfata Deresa Galeta Gets $30,000 As Winner Of Access Bank Lagos City Marathon by okuta007: 3:18pm On Feb 13, 2022
Englishisamust:

Pls that mba you talk where is he today ?? abi when last did Nigeria collect caf champions league?? check around you will see people discussing about football you will hardly find anyone supporting any Nigeria team or even talk about Nigeria league?? Over more than 200 Nigerian citizen are empowered every year by our billionaires and governments in one way or the other. Does it develop our economy? Has crime rate decrease??. Empowering 30 access bank customers what will it to do the economy?? he go decrease poverty in land. Does Qatar stand a chance in winning world cup?? why did they host it. Just for them hosting the world cup did you know how many stadiums, hotels, and recreational has been built to entertain and accommodate visitors.
It has also increase thier popularity in the world. If today Lagos marathon go international and 70 countries round the world decided to participate. Dont you know more hotels, recreational centers and bad road will be built and repair to accommodate and make visitors life easier. Even more revenue can be generated from our airports during flight and companies in Nigeria can use it to thier advantage as a means of advertising. Abii if you won accommodate person you no go clean your house or make you house peaceful. Because poverty dey land that doesn't mean other countries shouldnt benefit in what we organised. If premier league.has been made strictly for UK citizens when uk was still developing in 1900s do you think it will become what it be today. It is better we curb this our selfish interest to make our country develop.

your responses are very myopic and allergic to seeing the picture.

1. Sunday Mba scored that goal in 2013 as a reference to what our league can produce not because any sane person expects him to be in much relevant playing soccer in 2022 because footballers have a life span in the game, except you are a poor student of history -

The now late Paolo Rossi was the higest goal scorer at Espana 82 world cup and Italy won the cup. where was Rossi in Mexico 1986 or Italia 90 editions? he fizzled out. Is that an indictment of the Italian league being “so poor” because Rossi’s knack at scoring goals faded? I guess using your Mba analogy- the Italian league is useless because Rossi didn’t play forever - at the top level .

what of Salvatore “Toto” Schilacci of Italia 90 world cup - Just like Rossi in 1982, he was the world cup golden boot winner in 1990 for Italy - he was not even in the Azurri team to USA 94, so I guess the Italian league is “so useless” and same as Nigeria because their talisman Schilacci faded away after just one world cup shine -

lastly what about Paul “Gaza” Gascogne who wrecked havoc on opponents for England at Italia 90 world cup scoring crazy goals ? he fizzled out and was no longer playing football by 1998 - I guess the premier league is useless because of Gascoigne’s personal travails - you see how myopic your analysis are?

you forget that same Nigerian league produced the likes of Moses Kpakor of BCC lions of Gboko, who effectively policed African Footballer of the year and European Champions league winner with FC Porto Rabah Madjer of Algeria in the finals of Algiers 90, That Madjer had to confess he was made so useless by Kpakor. same Kpakor never played professional football outside Nigeria in his career - I can go on and on but let me stop there on the Mba issue - you never see anything good about your country and when there is a single isolated instance of failure - you generalize!
Re: Ulfata Deresa Galeta Gets $30,000 As Winner Of Access Bank Lagos City Marathon by okuta007: 3:38pm On Feb 13, 2022
Englishisamust:

using Qatar as a measure of not standing a chance of winning the world cup by hosting it, I quite agree with that BUT Qatar is not doing it for the money, they are doing it for national pride considering their debt to GDP ratio, Qatar is 1,000% more self sufficient than any African country or all African countries put together -

so, let me ask you Sir, the social safety nets available for Qatari citizens to thrive - are such available in Nigeria ? is hunger of Nigeria’s magnitude happening in Qatar ? do people get missing in Qatar in broad day light due to kidnappings ? Do ritual killings happen incessantly in Qatar? Do average Qataris have a massive problem earning up to $5 a day from honest work ? Is armed robbery and unresolved assassinations prevalent in Qatar like in Nigeria ? Is Qatar the current “poverty” capital of the world ?

Until you can respond by stating similarities between Qatar and Nigeria in the above areas i just mentioned, then your analysis is faulty

Dude, I don’t live in Nigeria and I make way way more than $30,000 a year - I am just concerned about the lack of corporate responsibility on the part of Access Bank in creating a tournament that their customers won’t ever win - the very customers that created the profit that provided that $30k prize that an Ethiopian took away in their very presence…

If you think corporate sponsors don’t look out for their own interest in saner climes - let me ask you, when Nigeria won the First U-16 world cup in 1985, do you realize Kodak, the sponsors didn’t sponsor the next edition of the games ? it was an open secret then that they withdrew their sponsorship because Nigeria’s win was not helpful to their business - then Coca Cola took over and regardless of who wins, Coca Cola will make money because it’s stakes are high everywhere on planet earth - and lastly when have u seen an American company with little corporate stakes in Africa sponsoring AFCON? why is McDonalds or even Continental Airlines or Budweiser beer not sponsoring African tournaments like they sponsor the NFL Super bowl ? it’s simple - they know where their bread is being buttered (American consumers) and they know Americans will win it and all dollar of sponsoring the event will return to their purse as their customer loyalty soars- Is that same with Access Bank?

Bro, every hand should be don deck to rescue Nigerians from debilitating poverty - 30 more people rescued by $1,000 each may be “numerically” insignificant as you pointed out earlier, yet it is 30 lives rescued and in the age of “all lives matter” - 30 is massive in the eyes of God and humanity!

1 Like

Re: Ulfata Deresa Galeta Gets $30,000 As Winner Of Access Bank Lagos City Marathon by syntekelite(m): 11:03am On Feb 14, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Ethiopia them

Ogbeni....nor try am o

My chest come dey hot...

You still try if you make top 200.. lol...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Clubs With The Funny/Weird Names / Lionel Messi Returns To Argentina Squad For First Time Since World Cup / "Lionel Messi Should Retire" - Maradona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.