Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,948 members, 7,922,340 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 03:20 AM

Let's Wage War Against "Befitting Burial", To Encourage *befitting Living.* - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Let's Wage War Against "Befitting Burial", To Encourage *befitting Living.* (617 Views)

What Is A Living Wage For A Family Of 4 In Lagos / Please Share Your Wholesome Marriage Experience To Encourage Others / Man Gives His Dead Dog 'Judas' Befitting Burial (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Wage War Against "Befitting Burial", To Encourage *befitting Living.* by Hamachi(f): 6:38pm On Feb 12, 2022
Let's Wage War against "befitting burial", to encourage *befitting living.*

*LETTER FROM LATE MOTHER TO HER SON - THREE DAYS AFTER HER BURIAL:*

Dear Son,

I want to know why I died like a poor woman when I have a Son like you.

My Son, I wanted to bless you before I die, but now I have gone with my blessings.

My breakfast, my lunch and my dinner was one of my challenges when I was alive, but you spent money to cook all types of foods, meats and different types of drinks on my burial day.

My Son, you choose to spread and rubbed my dead body with costly fragrance when I was using groundnut oil as my favourite cream.

You dressed my Corpse with an expensive cloth when it was difficult to buy a wrapper for me.

When my Corpse was in the Mortuary you came to check on me from time to time, you care about my Corpse than when I was alive why ?

The most painful thing is the kind of expensive coffin you put my Corpse when I was living in an uncompleted house.

When you were young I starved for you to eat and be satisfied, I wore one cloth in order to provide enough clothes for you. I thought you would take care of me when I grow old.

You completed the house, painted it and cleared the compound in one week just to celebrate my Corpse.

Now you wrote tribute to me saying "Mama, I love you so much rest in peace" - When I died with a broken heart.

Finally, my son, I wrote this to remind you that there is no other person that loves a child like a Father / mother.
May God forgive you.

Let's Wage War against "befitting burial", to encourage *befitting living.*
Take absolute care of parents while they are still alive.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Wage War Against "Befitting Burial", To Encourage *befitting Living.* by doggedfighter(f): 6:39pm On Feb 12, 2022
Very sensible write -up worth giving a thought.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Wage War Against "Befitting Burial", To Encourage *befitting Living.* by Hamachi(f): 10:52pm On Mar 09, 2022
smiley
doggedfighter:
Very sensible write -up worth giving a thought.
Re: Let's Wage War Against "Befitting Burial", To Encourage *befitting Living.* by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 10, 2022
Really thought provoking...
Nice one OP...
Thanks for sharing....

1 Like

Re: Let's Wage War Against "Befitting Burial", To Encourage *befitting Living.* by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 10, 2022
From where I'm from, we don't really spend much in burial.. it's so easy that a dead body gets buried in Less than 48 hours!

The best respect any dead thing can have is to bury it immediately without wasting resources n time..

I mean, it's a dead person. God has taken the soul and the flesh is all that remains to add manure to Earth's land so the circle of life can continue!

That's why whenever I wake, I thank God, the universe, nature and breathe in deep.. just to appreciate the sheer joy of been alive.

1 Like

Re: Let's Wage War Against "Befitting Burial", To Encourage *befitting Living.* by Hamachi(f): 1:45pm On Mar 11, 2022
wink
Favfables1:
Really thought provoking...
Nice one OP...
Thanks for sharing....

(1) (Reply)

LASG React To Alleged Viral Video Of Dismissed Customary Court Member -Mr Ishola / We achieved a lot within the short period / Life Is Tiring... Help needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.