Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,925 members, 7,909,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 05:25 AM

Will I Become Addicted? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Will I Become Addicted? (315 Views)

Will I End Up Like This ? / See What Fixing Of Nails Did To Me, Never Will I Fix Nails In This Life Again / Woman Who Was Addicted To Drugs Shares New Photos. Checkout Her Transformation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will I Become Addicted? by nickyj19: 8:06pm On Feb 12, 2022
If I try 1 cigarette for the first time at 23 will I become addicted?
Re: Will I Become Addicted? by Jamesbiodun(m): 8:09pm On Feb 12, 2022
Na your mind go judge and your heart
Re: Will I Become Addicted? by donbachi(m): 8:14pm On Feb 12, 2022
U will become vindicated.
Re: Will I Become Addicted? by Myzubby(m): 8:27pm On Feb 12, 2022
yes it can become a habit which can lead to addiction and then when you no longer get the vibes from cigarettes , you will suscribe to 'weed taking' after getting high , you will want to get very very high so you may likely end up taking mkpurummiri

dont take cigarrates bro.
Re: Will I Become Addicted? by OfficialCribMD: 9:14am On Feb 13, 2022
It depends. Plus smoking has a lot of disadvantages. Why would you wanna try it?
The effect smoking has on the body is no secret, yet it’s still spreading rapidly as a norm among teenagers and youths today.

The truth about smoking is that it doesn’t help you break from the harsh realities of life’s circumstances or stimulate your mental health positively. Rather, the effects of smoking puts you one step closer to the grave.

Smokers are liable to die young as written on cigarette packs which most smokers do not even read, is the only danger of smoking they know. Notwithstanding, the effect of smoking on the body portrays more danger that far outweighs any pleasure derived from it.

Smoking causes cancer, heart disease, eye problem, diabetes and can also increase the risk of tuberculosis. It poses more danger than what consumers care to know. Some other harmful effects of smoking cigarettes include:

#1. Cardiovascular Diseases
Diseases of the heart, blood vessels and circulation, are known as cardiovascular diseases. Cigarettes contain nicotine, which tightens the blood vessels and hinders blood flow. This makes it easier for the entire cardiovascular system to get damaged within a short period.
2. Respiratory Complications
Smoking has always been known as a key factor in harming lives, especially that of the human body’s respiratory system. It increases your susceptibility to pneumonia, flu, and other infections that interfere with the breathing passages. As a smoker, you are most likely in danger of the following lung diseases:

Emphysema — The damage of air sacs in the lungs.
Chronic Bronchitis — The continual inflammation that affects the lining of the lungs’ breathing tubes.
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) — This comprises several lung diseases.
Click here to continue reading
https://blog.cribmd.com/harmful-effects-of-smoking-cigarettes/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will I Become Addicted? by Notyourfriend: 3:57pm On Feb 13, 2022
nickyj19:
If I try 1 cigarette for the first time at 23 will I
become addicted?

Don’t start man … it’s not worth it

I’m trying to stop here and you’re trying to start lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will I Become Addicted? by gentleman82: 4:37pm On Feb 13, 2022
I once tried a stick of cigarette believing I won't ever do it again, but after that one stick I noticed I developed a strong urge to smoke , it became so strong that I unconsciously began putting pen and sticks that I hold in my mouth. After some time it stopped .

(1) (Reply)

What Is Depression? How To Get Rid Of It? / Super Life Products And How To Administer Each / Big Belly After A Miscarriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.