Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,461 members, 7,908,331 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 12:48 AM

Eat Healthier And Get Slimmer With Spelt Bread (recipe Included) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Eat Healthier And Get Slimmer With Spelt Bread (recipe Included) (232 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji Flaunts Slimmer Frame In Beautiful Photo / Folakemigeh Is An Impersonator: Facts Are Here (A Picture Included) / Gone Are The Days.. When Men Were Boys... Pictures Included (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eat Healthier And Get Slimmer With Spelt Bread (recipe Included) by muffleitjuhi(f): 11:13am On Feb 14, 2022
Want to build a fit and fabulous body? One easy thing you can do to eat healthier and lose fat is to change your bread.

Swap your everyday wholegrain wheat bread for wholegrain spelt bread.

Why should you swap?

Because unlike our common wheat, spelt is less tampered with.

Our common wheat has been modified for the convenience of modern-day manufacturing. To increase yield and make it more fluffy. So, that means the nutrients in our lovely wheat have been compromised.

Even though spelt is also a species of wheat (it still contains gluten), its husk is much tougher. So, when processing, it makes it more difficult to drain its nutrients than our common wheat.

So, if you’ve read my other articles, you probably know that I encourage you to eat in a way that gives you the biggest bang for your buck. That means, most of the time you should eat the most nutrients-dense food available to you. So your body will have its necessary nutrients. It won’t ask you to eat more calories than you need in the form of craving.

That way, unless you’ve got a severe case of emotional eating, you’ll effortlessly lose weight and then maintain the weight you want.

Now … after making it sound like spelt is a diet saver, I have to tell you something.

It’s not a wonder health food.

Eh?
Also Read-gta 6 release date

Let me say that again in different words … It’ll help you eat healthier. But it’s not necessarily a health food. It’s just better than our common wheat.

So, supposing you must eat bread because you’re kind of addicted to bread. And if you can’t get it, you’ll have withdrawal symptoms. In that case, simply replace your wholegrain bread with spelt bread.

The best thing for your shape and health is to minimize eating bread. Even eliminate it altogether from your everyday diet.

Yep … eliminate it if you’re desperate to lose weight and shape up. If you’ve tried lots of things to lose weight and still not succeeded, definitely read this article explaining why your bread is making you store fat.

Now, I can hear you groaning. You feel that it’s impossible to get by without eating bread. (You’re probably even thinking that I’m a wicked witch banning you from eating your beloved bread.)

OK … OK .. I may be a witch. But here’s a compromise.

Just replace your regular bread with spelt bread. That way, you can still eat bread. But you’ll eat healthier and lose weight.

Sounds good?

Now with this knowledge, you go to your supermarket or baker or any other store that sells bread. You look for a loaf of spelt bread. Can’t find it. So, you ask the staff if they’ve got any spelt bread. And they say no, and give you a stare that says “you weird or what?!”

So what do you do? Just go ahead and buy the usual wholegrain wheat bread and give up on finding spelt bread?

No. No way, José.

You bake your own spelt bread.

Yes, YOU! You can bake your own bread.

Even I (the clumsiest person on earth) can bake a good loaf of spelt bread.

It took me only 10 minutes to prepare the loaf for baking. Can you believe? It took even less effort than going to the supermarket to buy a loaf of bread!

I used only 4 commonly found items for it. So, here’s my spelt bread recipe.

Ingredients

4 cups of wholegrain spelt flour (a lot of supermarkets sell it now; they just don’t sell spelt loaves for some reason)
2 cups of milk
a pinch of salt (adjust according to taste)
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda

That’s it!

Mix everything together in a bowl. Spoon it out into a greased loaf tin. (I used a 25 × 12.5 cm loaf tin.) Bake it for an hour at 175°C in a preheated oven.

eat healthier with spelt bread

Here’s the photo of the spelt loaf I baked. Not bad for a clumsy girl, eh?

Extra Tip

For an extra crunch – and a different taste – add half a cup of whatever seeds you have lying about into the mixture. Sesame, pumpkin or sunflower seeds are all great. You’ll also get extra nutrients. Nice!

There you go. I hope this page helps you eat healthier and get in shape quicker.

Good luck! And let me know how you get on with this. :-)

Read More-Is Borderlands 2 Cross Platform Or Not

(1) (Reply)

Best Online Site For Long Dresses For Ladies - Honayda / 30ft Container For Sale / New Kaduna Police Commissioner Resumes, Tours Kaduna-abuja Highway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.