Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,465 members, 7,891,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:35 PM

Messi Matches Record For Most Missed Penalties In Champions League History - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Messi Matches Record For Most Missed Penalties In Champions League History (146 Views)

Real Madrid Face Chelsea In Champions League Quarters, Man City Meet Bayern / Chelsea Vs Villarreal: UEFA Super Cup - 6 - 5 On Penalties / Arsenal Vs Liverpool : Community Shield 5 - 4 On Penalties On 29th August 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi Matches Record For Most Missed Penalties In Champions League History by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 15, 2022
The forward had his second-half spot kick blocked on Tuesday in the last 16
Article continues below
Lionel Messi has matched Thierry Henry's record for most missed penalties in Champions League history while surpassing Cristiano Ronaldo for most penalty attempts.
He's missed five of 23 penalty attempts in the competition, with his latest coming in Paris Saint-Germain's last-16 win over Real Madrid on Tuesday.
Thibaut Courtois dove the right way to deny Messi after Kylian Mbappe had won the spot kick.

What has happened in the match?

For most of the first leg between European heavyweights, goalscoring chances were rare outside of Messi's saved penalty, as Real Madrid were mostly content to sit back and defend at the Parc des Princes.
"I'd studied Lionel Messi's penalties a lot and I tried to play with him when I was on the line," Courtois said to BT Sport about his block. "You've also got to have that little bit of luck, too."
Article continues below
However, PSG broke through in stoppage time to win 1-0, with Kylian Mbappe shooting through the legs of Courtois.

The bigger picture

Messi has struggled at times in his debut season with PSG, though he recently has had four goal involvements in his past four games.
And it was Mbappe who carried the main load on Tuesday, scoring a fine individual goal to win the match in stoppage time.
lalasticlala mynd44 seun mukina2 dominique

Re: Messi Matches Record For Most Missed Penalties In Champions League History by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 15, 2022
Like for Messi

Share for Ronaldo

Like and Share if u think both are great
Re: Messi Matches Record For Most Missed Penalties In Champions League History by Nobody: 11:45pm On Feb 15, 2022
My G.O.A.T is the hardworking one doing wonders at his old age who am I kidding he is. it even showing signs of ageing unlike the other great grand father in PSG asking Mbappe to help me carry his loads as lazy as he is he can not shave his expired beards he wears just to be called the goat

Re: Messi Matches Record For Most Missed Penalties In Champions League History by silverlinen(m): 12:23am On Feb 16, 2022
Some pesshit fans go come dey cry for this thread now..lol.
The idiot dwarf don even play more penalties pass Cr7 oo, still come miss more pass Cr7!

(1) (Reply)

Dear Brother & Sisters I'm A Member From Tanzania / Leicester City Vs Man United 0~1 {FULL TIME} / Checkout My UCL DESIGN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.