Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,116 members, 7,880,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:01 PM

Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k (23550 Views)

Which Samsung Phone Can I Buy For My Wife Between The Budget Of N100k-N150k / Which Samsung Phone Can I Get With A Budget Of 100k? / See Why Your Infinix Phone Is Not Charging/ Not Charging Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by airsaylongcome: 12:47pm On Feb 16, 2022
Auskyd:

You're not getting android 13 boss. 12 is your last. The best you'll get is quarterly security updates.

No more OS updates for you.

Not if you go down the LineageOS route
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by Tallpanther(m): 12:47pm On Feb 16, 2022
YellowMayor:

There are stages in life bro. Not until you reach that stage of buying gadgets worths hundreds of thousands of naira, you'll think that people buying such are reckless and only wasting resources. I used to think same too... So just work hard and pray to God to lift you beyond that stage too, coz it's honestly so sweet. I wish you and me and everyone reading this more success stories.
abeg come dash me 5k, ma use see road..hustle no dey pay for here o bro
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by Olayetan(m): 12:48pm On Feb 16, 2022
LaserWr:

But it is already been used naah, i know it is a good phone, but I want a new phone that i can use for a minimum of 2 yrs.
buy new note 9 for 140k
Keep your change.
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by Auskyd(m): 12:48pm On Feb 16, 2022
Crafteck1:

It has dropped more than 20 times, afyer the first 5 times i stopped being scared

You're fortunate. E never land from better height yet.

Try am for tarred road and come back lol
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by Auskyd(m): 12:49pm On Feb 16, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Not if you go down the LineageOS route

Agreed. But what if he can't do it himself? Person wey dey ask for phone based on price naim wan do custom OS installation? Dfkm abeg lol
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by Auskyd(m): 12:50pm On Feb 16, 2022
Olayetan:
buy new note 9 for 140k
Keep your change.

Very good option, but no more OS updates from Samsung.
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by Grandmeister(m): 12:51pm On Feb 16, 2022
Auskyd:

CoD without hiccups na heavy lie. Ask him to play battle royale make e know the meaning of frustration. The 7s battery isn't great anymore. If I use it for one day without gaming, it will die by noon. I have one sitting here on my shelf like this. I get am, so I know am. The plus model is great because the battery is big, but gaming? Forget it.
I’m talking about the plus model in terms of battery life. The base 7 had a very small battery to begin with and I’m sure yours has deteriorated much. But saying it takes crap pictures and unable to handle decent graphic intense gaming isn’t true. And you should know it if you used one.
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by Crafteck1: 12:51pm On Feb 16, 2022
Auskyd:

You're fortunate. E never land from better height yet.

Try am for tarred road and come back lol

It fell on hard tiles, road everywhere.
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by airsaylongcome: 12:52pm On Feb 16, 2022
Auskyd:

Agreed. But what if he can't do it himself? Person wey dey ask for phone based on price naim wan do custom OS installation? Dfkm abeg lol

Anyway I wouldn't buy the S10 readily available in the country. Most of them are SM-G973U. Basically you are fvcked if you buy that variant
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by Auskyd(m): 12:52pm On Feb 16, 2022
Grandmeister:

I’m talking about the plus model in terms of battery life. The base 7 had a very small battery to begin with and I’m sure yours has deteriorated much. But saying it takes crap pictures and unable to handle decent graphic intense gaming isn’t true. And you should know it if you used one.

Guy it can't handle heavy games. Go to the games thread and ask around. iPhone 7 can't play graphic-heavh games. E dey hang!!!!!!! Even the plus dey hang!! Picture quality is not awesome because iOS updates no dey reach camera side lol.

Go and take a pic with it and take a pic with common s6 or s7 edge and compare the difference. Na nonsense camera right now
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by Auskyd(m): 12:53pm On Feb 16, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Anyway I wouldn't buy the S10 readily available in the country. Most of them are SM-G973U. Basically you are fvcked if you buy that variant

Why, what's wrong with it?
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by airsaylongcome: 12:56pm On Feb 16, 2022
Geoyyaq:

I sell Samsung phones and they are affordable
Samsung Galaxy note 10 5g
12/256gb
Gorilla screen
Wireless charging
Superb camera
07062781241 is my WhatsApp

These things you put here are the standard you find on the market. Reboxed used phones. I can see the signature all over the box, that ear piece tucked in the corner and the non-Samsung non-fast charger. I have no problem with you guys selling them. But please stop passing them off as New

1 Like

Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by Auskyd(m): 12:56pm On Feb 16, 2022
Crafteck1:

It fell on hard tiles, road everywhere.

Well, that's good Sha. I'm happy for you. Just be careful.

Screen no be beans these days
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by Auskyd(m): 12:57pm On Feb 16, 2022
airsaylongcome:

These things you put here are the standard you find on the market. Reboxed used phones. I can see the signature all over the box, that ear piece tucked in the corner and the non-Samsung non-fast charger. I have no problem with you guys selling them. But please stop passing them off as New

Can't see where he mentioned them as new tho.

Abi did I miss it?
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by airsaylongcome: 12:57pm On Feb 16, 2022
Auskyd:

Why, what's wrong with it?

It's a fvcking Snap dragon US variant. Bootloader padlocked with the keys thrown away. Stuck on Samsung bloatware OS and will not get any updates after Android 12
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by Auskyd(m): 12:58pm On Feb 16, 2022
airsaylongcome:

It's a fvcking Snap dragon US variant. Bootloader padlocked with the keys thrown away. Stuck on Samsung bloatware OS and will not get any updates after Android 12

LoL snapdragon is the best my guy. I'm sure you know. Exynos dey hot anyhow for that S10.
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by airsaylongcome: 1:00pm On Feb 16, 2022
Auskyd:

LoL snapdragon is the best my guy. I'm sure you know. Exynos dey hot anyhow for that S10.

I will pick an Exynos with unlocked bootloader over a Snap any day. I have an S7e from 2016 running the latest Android 12 kanged. It's my phone for chrissake. Let me do whatever I want with it
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by Jirilistic(m): 1:09pm On Feb 16, 2022
grin na so we see am o. But dat phone madd shaaaa. E nor get any android game wey dat phone nor fit play
Fxwarrior:

The name you suggested sounds funny.

Pocolee
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by Auskyd(m): 1:10pm On Feb 16, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I will pick an Exynos with unlocked bootloader over a Snap any day. I have an S7e from 2016 running the latest Android 12 kanged. It's my phone for chrissake. Let me do whatever I want with it

S7e??
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by NOwazobia: 1:13pm On Feb 16, 2022
U
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by 9ty4our: 1:25pm On Feb 16, 2022
A52
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by Sterope(f): 1:32pm On Feb 16, 2022
Three phones in a year. I learnt my lesson. If anything should happen to these present one, I am switching to Google Pixel. cheesy
airsaylongcome:

Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you. This kind of revelation cometh only by experience.
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by airsaylongcome: 1:37pm On Feb 16, 2022
Auskyd:

S7e??

S7 edge
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by watersideboys: 1:43pm On Feb 16, 2022
phkka1:
Look for a better way of spending the 170k to give you ROI to secure your future.

Mscheww so he will not enjoy his money, what is money for...?
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by staggerman(m): 2:06pm On Feb 16, 2022
LaserWr:

You are very correct, but if there's a possibility that there's a potential investment that can yield a good ROi as he said, I'm ready to jump in.

There is... I got over $400 in 5 days... Let me know if you want to take a look at it
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by Grandmeister(m): 2:11pm On Feb 16, 2022
Auskyd:

Guy it can't handle heavy games. Go to the games thread and ask around. iPhone 7 can't play graphic-heavh games. E dey hang!!!!!!! Even the plus dey hang!! Picture quality is not awesome because iOS updates no dey reach camera side lol.

Go and take a pic with it and take a pic with common s6 or s7 edge and compare the difference. Na nonsense camera right now
Wetin make me know say na cruise you dey catch na when you begin compare 7 plus battery with s6 and s7 lol.
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by frankpro27(m): 2:17pm On Feb 16, 2022
A52 still remains the best midrange phone now. Got mine in october. No regrets.
128/6gb
IP67 water and dust resistant
90hz refresh rate
Just got upgraded to android 12
Battery is above average
Camera is above average
Got mine for 180k in October
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by Auskyd(m): 2:17pm On Feb 16, 2022
Grandmeister:

Wetin make me know say na cruise you dey catch na when you begin compare 7 plus battery with s6 and s7 lol.

I compared cameras guyyy!!! Where you see battery comparison??!!! Where?

Cameras!!!!

Open your eyes and READ!!! Lmfao My God
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by Grandmeister(m): 2:27pm On Feb 16, 2022
Auskyd:

I compared cameras guyyy!!! Where you see battery comparison??!!! Where?

Cameras!!!!

Open your eyes and READ!!! Lmfao My God
This is a picture I took with my colleague’s 7 plus. Show me the s6 today with a better richer and colour accurate picture. I am waiting.

2 Likes

Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by BJanta: 2:37pm On Feb 16, 2022
Flamees:

There's no much difference btw 90hz and 60hz sha

So much difference, bro .
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by Starhearts: 2:38pm On Feb 16, 2022
Samsung galaxy x-cover 5
Re: Which Samsung Mid_range Phone Is The Best With A Budget Of 170k by Tigaremporium: 2:41pm On Feb 16, 2022
Oil dey your head
Flamees:
Use am buy S10

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria / How Do I Spot A Fake LG G3 / My Ps4 Graphics Looks Fuzzy On A 1080p Led TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.