Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,915 members, 7,883,182 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 05:18 AM

Strike In Nigerian Universities: Blame ASUU Or Federal Government? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike In Nigerian Universities: Blame ASUU Or Federal Government? (223 Views)

ASUU Or FG: Who Is To Blame For The Six Months Strike? / 8 Common Academic Related Slangs In Nigerian Universities / Top 10 Slowest Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Strike In Nigerian Universities: Blame ASUU Or Federal Government? by OluwakemiRN(f): 2:07pm On Feb 16, 2022
After reading the news on the plan of ASUU to embark on one month strike, have been thinking of who is actually responsible for the incessant strike in our institutions. I can't imagine spending 7 years on a course of 4 years and holding on some other major life plans just for career progression.It's really frustrating!
I personally believe it's more of the Federal Government fault not that of ASUU.

What do you all think and why?

Nigerian students deserve nothing but the best.
Nigerian Lecturers too deserve the best treatment.

I wonder why FG finds it difficult to accede to the demands of ASUU.
Re: Strike In Nigerian Universities: Blame ASUU Or Federal Government? by sinkhole: 4:15pm On Feb 16, 2022
OluwakemiRN:
After reading the news on the plan of ASUU to embark on one month strike, have been thinking of who is actually responsible for the incessant strike in our institutions. I can't imagine spending 7 years on a course of 4 years and holding on some other major life plans just for career progression.It's really frustrating!
I personally believe it's more of the Federal Government fault not that of ASUU.

What do you all think and why?

Nigerian students deserve nothing but the best.
Nigerian Lecturers too deserve the best treatment.

I wonder why FG finds it difficult to accede to the demands of ASUU.
There are just two things that FG just need to do, and voala, the strike is finished:
1. Sign the 2009 MOU into law,
2. Use UTAS to pay the Lecturers.
That is all!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Most Powerful Words Ever Spoken || Understand Life, With These Powerful Words Of / Skyline University Kano - Courses And Programmes Offered / Attend Jamb Lectures On The Mainland(close To Unilag)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.