Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,031 members, 7,880,215 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 02:22 PM

2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? (8826 Views)

2023: CAN Fumes As MURIC Kicks Against Support For RCCG Members / 2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket / 2023: Can Sanwo-Olu Scale The Second Term Hurdle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by lordchiz(m): 9:07pm On Feb 17, 2022
Am from Imo....
That man gave us Akanchawa roads then....and people were hailing him then not knowing they were all Akanchawa roads....now e don spoil spoil finish ....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by thundafire: 9:07pm On Feb 17, 2022
Who wants to be commissioning sub-standard roads, giving contracts to incompetent people. That's the bane of south south people,but Hausa man will give standard projects in their area

1 Like

Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by Kennitrust(m): 9:08pm On Feb 17, 2022
culf:
I like Rochas but did he have a chance?
until You refuse him the chance with your vote
Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by denisopapa: 9:09pm On Feb 17, 2022
quote author=Optapidgin post=110307569]Former President Ibrahim Babangida in a recent interview gave a quite optimistic projection of the kind of person who should be Nigeria’s next president.

Politics in the country has come to the crossroads. More and more Nigerians have come to see the wisdom in statecraft. Better to have a president who helps bring food to the table i.e. earn enough money to provide the basic necessities for oneself and one’s family. There are some who still bend to the illusory preferential option for the kinsman. So, it’s merit Vs zoning.

Interestingly though, both sides of the divide have proponents who think that for the sake of fairness, equity, even for justice and such values that promote peace and order, an ethnic Igbo person should get the next turn at the presidency this time. This is the loudest, the most sober and sensible view. The influential Sultan, Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar thinks so from Sokoto. The pragmatist reformer and current Governor of Kaduna State, Mallam Nasir El Rufai likewise agrees that it should be the turn of the southeast now.

When the Igbos have had their shot, then Nigeria can evolve from turn-by-turn presidency to merit as the overarching criterion.

Thus on the whole, there seems a fair consensus of opinion that the presidency goes to the Igbos this once. So what then?

The problem actually is the incapacity of the Igbo political elite to inspire consensus around a viable candidate and then throw their weight behind him or her.

Owelle Rochas Okorocha has shown remarkable imagination and innovation in his declaration to run. A former governor and presently a senator, he has had a more than successful run in business and entrepreneurship. Plus he has shown a milk of kindness in his widespread charities and beneficent foundations. No matter what one may say, Rochas is not perfect but he has the pedigree suitable to do the job.

To recap, there is a growing political concurrence that it is only fair for the presidency to be zoned to the southeast. Even those who in principle would prefer merit to the option of zoning believe that if for no other reason than the sake of equity and fair play, someone of Igbo ethnicity be president this time. After that, all parties can throw their doors open and allow for only the criterion of merit and suitability.

One standard ex-president Babangida proffered for the next commander-in-chief was the candidate’s familiarity or association with diverse parts of the country. Okorocha has that in the bag. With deep roots in the north and eloquent in Hausa, he has roots and association in and with almost all parts of the federation.

Where it is not consanguinity, then it is business ties or some form of interrelation. In fact, a lot of the arguments made against him prove to be reasonable as to why he should be the next president.

Source: https://2023.ng/2022/02/17/2023-can-rochas-be-the-way-out/[/quote]

Instead of Rochas Presidency, i rather we stick to Buhari third term
Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by Omoluabi16(m): 9:09pm On Feb 17, 2022
Sir rochas okorohausa. Eze iberibe himself. grin I don think he will be a bad option though. We need to rebuild. We need someone with a national appeal. We need to establish the tenets of nationhood again, halt the retrogression and start meuving again. This kill me I kill you will lead us nowhere. We certainly don't need a leader who thinks all he/she needs to do is win kano, katsina and kaduna.
Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by Cryofigbos: 9:10pm On Feb 17, 2022
U won't see those flat head here to promote there own....na to hate and insult
Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by Franking: 9:10pm On Feb 17, 2022
Rochas stole Imo blind. A greedy bushman without class.
Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by Franking: 9:12pm On Feb 17, 2022
Cryofigbos:

Have u promoted ur mining sophistication? U that love and praise how far? What was it Aregbesola said about Thief bubu?

Flat head gbuo gi there.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by MansoryMX(m): 9:13pm On Feb 17, 2022
Is like you people in the North wants Amadioha to visit you all. Outcome more than 20 millions Igbo its Okorowamama you people want as president in North so that no incoming president will question this present administration. Nice strategy
Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by Iconicindaboski: 9:14pm On Feb 17, 2022
Lol they say if I refer and generate traffic I will earn, I want to know if it's true. Biko click to help me find out. � just 100 click guys..
Nice one

Click, refer and earn
https:///C37hB2PUSK
Generate traffic for the website and earn
Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by Ifakiland(m): 9:15pm On Feb 17, 2022
Optapidgin:
Former President Ibrahim Babangida in a recent interview gave a quite optimistic projection of the kind of person who should be Nigeria’s next president.

Politics in the country has come to the crossroads. More and more Nigerians have come to see the wisdom in statecraft. Better to have a president who helps bring food to the table i.e. earn enough money to provide the basic necessities for oneself and one’s family. There are some who still bend to the illusory preferential option for the kinsman. So, it’s merit Vs zoning.

Interestingly though, both sides of the divide have proponents who think that for the sake of fairness, equity, even for justice and such values that promote peace and order, an ethnic Igbo person should get the next turn at the presidency this time. This is the loudest, the most sober and sensible view. The influential Sultan, Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar thinks so from Sokoto. The pragmatist reformer and current Governor of Kaduna State, Mallam Nasir El Rufai likewise agrees that it should be the turn of the southeast now.

When the Igbos have had their shot, then Nigeria can evolve from turn-by-turn presidency to merit as the overarching criterion.

Thus on the whole, there seems a fair consensus of opinion that the presidency goes to the Igbos this once. So what then?

The problem actually is the incapacity of the Igbo political elite to inspire consensus around a viable candidate and then throw their weight behind him or her.

Owelle Rochas Okorocha has shown remarkable imagination and innovation in his declaration to run. A former governor and presently a senator, he has had a more than successful run in business and entrepreneurship. Plus he has shown a milk of kindness in his widespread charities and beneficent foundations. No matter what one may say, Rochas is not perfect but he has the pedigree suitable to do the job.

To recap, there is a growing political concurrence that it is only fair for the presidency to be zoned to the southeast. Even those who in principle would prefer merit to the option of zoning believe that if for no other reason than the sake of equity and fair play, someone of Igbo ethnicity be president this time. After that, all parties can throw their doors open and allow for only the criterion of merit and suitability.

One standard ex-president Babangida proffered for the next commander-in-chief was the candidate’s familiarity or association with diverse parts of the country. Okorocha has that in the bag. With deep roots in the north and eloquent in Hausa, he has roots and association in and with almost all parts of the federation.

Where it is not consanguinity, then it is business ties or some form of interrelation. In fact, a lot of the arguments made against him prove to be reasonable as to why he should be the next president.

Source: https://2023.ng/2022/02/17/2023-can-rochas-be-the-way-out/
Konidafuniyalayare
Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by Lemmy123(m): 9:15pm On Feb 17, 2022
Eweeeeeey!

I think Peter Obi is better

By the way, I'm available for your writing and design jobs, see my signature below, thanks
Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by kidap: 9:16pm On Feb 17, 2022
Senator Rochas is indeed the best man for the job.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by olatuns2017: 9:16pm On Feb 17, 2022
Optapidgin:
Former President Ibrahim Babangida in a recent interview gave a quite optimistic projection of the kind of person who should be Nigeria’s next president.

Source: https://2023.ng/2022/02/17/2023-can-rochas-be-the-way-out/

Some people just pick up pen and write

With the frenzy, consultations and cabalism going in APC

Where did you see the name Rochas?

Even dumb on the street knows This!

People don't become president by mistake except death of current president and VIce automatically comes in even if he isn't capable like GEJ

Pls be realistic
Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by CoronaVirusPro: 9:17pm On Feb 17, 2022
Truth be told, if their is one man from the East that has better chances to align with the North, only Rochas falls in that league.

Only him can rally the Northern blocks
Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by peter1805: 9:17pm On Feb 17, 2022
Rochas the unifier and bridge-builder.
Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by femi419: 9:18pm On Feb 17, 2022
Southeast O’clock please. It is indeed Southeast turn. I therefore support Rochas presidential aspiration.
Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by jessica80: 9:19pm On Feb 17, 2022
Finally an Igbo man has shown seriousness for the top job
Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by Blissbath(f): 9:19pm On Feb 17, 2022
Absolutely nothing
God1000:
What did rochas okocha do in imo state for eight years?
Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by kemialex: 9:20pm On Feb 17, 2022
Nigeria needs a proative leader. Proactiveness is one trait Rochas is popular for.
Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by leomarz007: 9:20pm On Feb 17, 2022
temptnow:
Why are we considering professional thieves as President?

Rochas

Tinubu

Atiku

Orji Kalu.

Are we even serious?

It baffles and disgust me at the same time sef.
How many times will they tell Nigerians that those men are not for u. Ooh! #lifejacket
Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by DemMannaScam: 9:21pm On Feb 17, 2022
I dey tell u

Just like the mohammedan miscreants cum jihadists cheesy

Cryofigbos:
Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by SarkinYarki: 9:21pm On Feb 17, 2022
God forbid
Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 9:21pm On Feb 17, 2022
Are Nigerians running mad nitori olorun..Like WTF. Rochas kwa? Come since many people want to maintain and recycle this madness,let people that want to go,go na biko nu nu chukwu...I been dey blame our parents, didn't know we would also be clowns..No more to anybody that has ever held any political post from 1960 till date..None of them whatsoever. Out of 200m people, na only them una see..we dey crase oo allah, we don crase finish
Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by auba123: 9:21pm On Feb 17, 2022
To me I think Okorocha will no doubt do well as Commander-in-chief
Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by 00FFT00(m): 9:21pm On Feb 17, 2022
Not sure the Igbo brand the Op has been smoking.Bbut that shit seems so potent it needs investigating. Rochas?, guy change your dealer abeg.
Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by Zimzim2000: 9:22pm On Feb 17, 2022
I wonder how much the writer of this article was paid, rochas thinks his money can buy him everything but he is wrong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by BERNIMOORE: 9:23pm On Feb 17, 2022
Kingsley moghalu...seems to be the best that I can point to
Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 9:23pm On Feb 17, 2022
We are realistic people not slaves. Say No to bad things..It costs you nothing for God sake. Are you seriously not tired ? Omo na wa ooo..

DemMannaScam:
I dey tell u

Just like the mohammedan miscreants cum jihadists cheesy

Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by Simony2017(m): 9:23pm On Feb 17, 2022
Let him try his luck too
Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by xhaka1805: 9:23pm On Feb 17, 2022
Okorocha will no doubt do well as Commander-in-chief
Re: 2023: Can Rochas Be The Way Out? by cumoverna: 9:24pm On Feb 17, 2022
Please bring jay jay okocha instead of this okorocha.... Nigeria like suffer... tufiakwa.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gatwick Airport London Is Not Own By Yoruba Man ignore the lies / Nigerians: Very Stupid People! / Lagos To Experience Seven-day Rainfall – NIMET

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.