Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,790 members, 7,909,029 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 04:16 PM

STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU (4438 Views)

Free Script Writing Workshop - Turn Your Stories To Movies / Dreams Could Come True By Tiffany J / J.K RANDLE The Godfather Never Sleeps Needed Pls !! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by marenx: 6:07pm On Apr 09, 2022
Bam17:
There was a man named Demon who lived on the Isle of Marasiwa. Legend has it that Demon was born human, but was a god and could return anytime to the clouds. He lived for a hundred years, on the Isle, alone, not until a shipwreck moved people on the shore.
“Who are you people?” Demon asked.
“We won’t hurt you!"
“Why should I trust that you won't?”
They were half as scared as him. Not anyone would see a half-naked man and still stand—
“Seriously, trust us,”
Demon was calm.
The people asked for his name, and he replied, “I AM DEMON!”

Clean writings sha and the pictures are good. I want to put my hands in creative non-fiction and your writing style is the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by Bam17(f): 6:41pm On Apr 09, 2022
marenx:

Clean writings sha and the pictures are good. I want to put my hands in creative non-fiction and your writing style is the best.
Whoaaa. The best? Gosh, thank you. Thank you so much. This definitely made my day. I can't thank you enough.
Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by Bam17(f): 11:47am On Jun 12, 2022
NOW I SEE

Now I see the reading light,

The one which shines brightly and illuminates my face.

Its beauty is one that never sleeps,

And contains all things man should know.

Wisdom,

Knowledge;

They are the things.

The reading light is one to behold.

Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by Bam17(f): 11:48am On Jun 12, 2022
I loved him. Yes, I did. He was one of the many I'd bragged about not doing something bad. He was kind, loving, and perfect in every way. Well, maybe not perfect. But I did love him. Tyler was a guy I loved above all men. He loved me, too, but that wasn't so when I got to learn about things.
"Tyler!!" It was the day I caught him... cheating... with my best friend MOLLY! She was on top of him... RIDING. She was panting and making him scream. The stairs of the apartment creaked as I ran down with heavy feet. My heart was heavy too, with my mouth unable to speak. I was sobbing vehemently, and at the same time wishing, that I hadn't trusted Molly. She was a slut. A BLOODY one! I doubted if I'd be able to forgive her!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by Bam17(f): 12:12pm On Jun 12, 2022
Wednesdays used to be my favourite until something happened. I was in, playing video games the usual when a knock came on the door. I was forced to go open it when a voice came. There was no one there, I could see; only an empty hallway which got me scared. I was freaking out, with my hair fully erect. Shaken, I moved back inside, not knowing what to do. Jamming my hands together, I waited for a second knock, but none came. I was left with no choice but to go inside my bedroom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by Bam17(f): 12:29pm On Jun 12, 2022
It was him, after all, I remember now. The way he smiled at me and had those dazzling eyes directly on me. He was sweet in every way and pretty cute. He could take any girl off her feet.
Raymond, that was his name. He was the one I wished dearly to have and was my first love; the one I hoped to be the last.

The clock in my room struck. Noon, it signalled. It was time for me to get going. Lunch was in an hour, and I didn't want to be late.
"Welcome, Trisha," Mrs Hans' voice rang.
I smiled elegantly at her. Her red necklace attracted me. She looked really beautiful and had these gorgeous lips that anyone wouldn't fail to notice.
"Hi, Mrs Hans…"
"Mum?"
It was Ray—dressed in a black tux, which was surprising. I felt ashamed, knowing that I had only my black jeans on with my jacket.
"Well, come on in, Jody,"
Raymond smiled. He was staring at me. I felt shy, noticing that he was. He couldn't take his eyes off me a bit, and my heart melted knowing he was watching.
"You're beautiful," He said.
I blushed halfway, brushing my hair off. He ran a finger on my cheeks, and our eyes locked as his Mom went to the kitchen.

_________

1 Like 1 Share

Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by Bam17(f): 12:45pm On Jun 12, 2022
“Helga, wait up. Wait up, Helga. Helga…!”

I remember vividly when my sister fled. It was on that night the last straw broke the camel's back. I was heartbroken when she found out that I was sleeping with her husband. It was disheartening, watching her flee. She had screamed her guts out and slammed the door in our faces. I couldn’t run after her, knowing I’d committed a grave crime. Mac, her man, was full of her greed. He wanted both of us and had taken me to bed. Our affairs started years before my sister found out. Five years, if we were counting. I was ashamed and wished I had never done something like that. Oh, why me? cry

F~I~©~T~I~O~N

1 Like 1 Share

Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by marenx: 1:44pm On Jun 12, 2022
Bam17:
“Helga, wait up. Wait up, Helga. Helga…!”

I remember vividly when my sister fled. It was on that night the last straw broke the camel's back. I was heartbroken when she found out that I was sleeping with her husband. It was disheartening, watching her flee. She had screamed her guts out and slammed the door in our faces. I couldn’t run after her, knowing I’d committed a grave crime. Mac, her man, was full of her greed. He wanted both of us and had taken me to bed. Our affairs started years before my sister found out. Five years, if we were counting. I was ashamed and wished I had never done something like that. Oh, why me? cry

F~I~©~T~I~O~N

This line is the highlight: "She had screamed her guts out and slammed the door in our faces."

....it packs a lot of meanings and pictures.

The use of power words can never be underestimated.smiley

1 Like

Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by Bam17(f): 2:53pm On Jun 12, 2022
smiley
Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by Bam17(f): 2:54pm On Jun 12, 2022
marenx:

This line is the highlight: "She had screamed her guts out and slammed the door in our faces."

....it packs a lot of meanings and pictures.

The use of power words can never be underestimated.smiley

Aww, thank you. I really appreciate wink Happy Sunday smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by silverlinen(m): 6:47pm On Jun 12, 2022
Hey Bam, where have you been?

1 Like

Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by Bam17(f): 11:37pm On Jun 12, 2022
The love of money made me do this. Killing Achigamsi, my love. It was disheartening, running the blade on her throat. I'd lured her that day to come stay with me, giving her the reason that I was missing her, though my real intention was to kill her. It was never my choice, you see. But I had to do it. Given the instruction to cut off her breasts, I looked down at my beloved in tears and hardened my heart right there.

F~I~©~T~I~O~N
GIRLS, BEWARE!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by Bam17(f): 11:38pm On Jun 12, 2022
silverlinen:
Hey Bam, where have you been?
Oh, you know, everywhere. Aww. Look who checked on me grin Thought y'all would have forgotten me cheesy
Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by silverlinen(m): 12:37am On Jun 13, 2022
Bam17:

Oh, you know, everywhere. Aww. Look who checked on me grin Thought y'all would have forgotten me cheesy
Damnnn
Forgotten ke?
Been giving you loads of messages via Instagram buh you ain't giving replies.
If you on WhatsApp, let's connect.
Cos e be like say now, we go dey pay to meet you on this platform.

1 Like

Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by Bam17(f): 9:24am On Jun 13, 2022
smiley
Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by Bam17(f): 9:33am On Jun 13, 2022
silverlinen:

Damnnn
Forgotten ke?
Been giving you loads of messages via Instagram buh you ain't giving replies.
If you on WhatsApp, let's connect.
Cos e be like say now, we go dey pay to meet you on this platform.

Haha. Don't worry, dear. I'll soon be back permanently.

Oh, on IG? I haven't been online there.
Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by Bam17(f): 11:26am On Jun 13, 2022
MY_IMAGINARY_F®IEND

Everybody would talk about how fancy or rich they were. But I couldn't say anything because of how poor I was. The house we lived in, was nothing to write home about. I envied those who talked about how luxurious theirs were, and worked towards having mine to enjoy the comfort.
Being Cinderella was one thing I imagined most. I dreamt about being swept off my feet, and taken to where my heart wanted, with my Prince Charming smiling down at me.
It was only a dream… yes, it was
I knew it wasn't for me, and it wasn't happening anytime—
"Ella? Ella!"
I snapped out of my thoughts. Mother was calling me, and I hadn't yet begun...
"Mother?"
"Ella…!"
I looked down at the broom. I was still in the same position she had left me. Oh, how she was going to scream.
"Ella!"
"Mother, I'm sweeping. Oh, I'm sweeping now." I began.
The goats in the pen were still yet to be fed. And the chickens? "The chickens!" I yelled and dropped the broom. Dashing out of the room, I found the hens clucking with their young ones moving about. I quickly brought out the feed and sprinkled them on the ground. I added extras in their troughs and went back to sweeping. Then, I began fantasizing about him. My imaginary friend—when mother interrupted again.
"You should take your chores seriously, Ella,"
"Yes, mother," I said.
After-chore was my favourite time. It gave me the time to rest and tend to myself. I was looking in the mirror while brushing my hair. Mother walked in and stared sweetly. She was admiring me, I was sure. I couldn't help but turn and acknowledge her presence.
"You’re so pretty , my dear," she said nicely.
I blushed and looked in the mirror again, this time admiring my looks. Mother drew closer and placed her hands on my shoulders. I could feel the warmth.
"What's with the hairdo?" Mom asked.
"Oh, it's nothing, really," I said.
She didn't want to believe it was nothing. Certainly, something was up. "Oh, do tell,"
I sighed. "Mother, you don't need to worry…"
"Oh, I have to. My daughter's looking all pretty early. Certainly, it must be something."
I laughed. I knew how persuasive Mom was. She wouldn't stop until she had gotten an answer.
"Well, let's just say today is a happy day," I said with all smiles.
I got up from the chair and took my brush—combed my hair on the way.
Franz was already in the living room when I arrived. I placed my hand on his and let him lead me out as Mom watched.
The village square was filled with people: Men, women, children—all going about their businesses. The airy breeze blew, tugging lightly at our hair; the red roses on the sidewalks beckoned to us to pluck them—they all smelled nice, making me do. I plucked out the petals of the one I picked. The flower's fragrance filled my nose as I walked hand in hand with Franz. "Here, Franz," I showed him a petal. "Smell this." I bumped into someone.

To Be Cont'd

1 Like 1 Share

Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by Bam17(f): 12:27pm On Jun 14, 2022
The waterslide was my favourite. I'd go down it with my hands in the air. It turned out to be my least favourite, though, when I poured grease all over me. Dared by my classmates on that fateful day, I went down it, faster than before, and ended up being injured.
Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by Bam17(f): 12:46pm On Jun 14, 2022
Bam17:
MY_IMAGINARY_F®IEND

Everybody would talk about how fancy or rich they were. But I couldn't say anything because of how poor I was. The house we lived in, was nothing to write home about. I envied those who talked about how luxurious theirs were, and worked towards having mine to enjoy the comfort.
Being Cinderella was one thing I imagined most. I dreamt about being swept off my feet, and taken to where my heart wanted, with my Prince Charming smiling down at me.
It was only a dream… yes, it was
I knew it wasn't for me, and it wasn't happening anytime—
"Ella? Ella!"
I snapped out of my thoughts. Mother was calling me, and I hadn't yet begun...
"Mother?"
"Ella…!"
I looked down at the broom. I was still in the same position she had left me. Oh, how she was going to scream.
"Ella!"
"Mother, I'm sweeping. Oh, I'm sweeping now." I began.
The goats in the pen were still yet to be fed. And the chickens? "The chickens!" I yelled and dropped the broom. Dashing out of the room, I found the hens clucking with their young ones moving about. I quickly brought out the feed and sprinkled them on the ground. I added extras in their troughs and went back to sweeping. Then, I began fantasizing about him. My imaginary friend—when mother interrupted again.
"You should take your chores seriously, Ella,"
"Yes, mother," I said.
After-chore was my favourite time. It gave me the time to rest and tend to myself. I was looking in the mirror while brushing my hair. Mother walked in and stared sweetly. She was admiring me, I was sure. I couldn't help but turn and acknowledge her presence.
"You’re so pretty , my dear," she said nicely.
I blushed and looked in the mirror again, this time admiring my looks. Mother drew closer and placed her hands on my shoulders. I could feel the warmth.
"What's with the hairdo?" Mom asked.
"Oh, it's nothing, really," I said.
She didn't want to believe it was nothing. Certainly, something was up. "Oh, do tell,"
I sighed. "Mother, you don't need to worry…"
"Oh, I have to. My daughter's looking all pretty early. Certainly, it must be something."
I laughed. I knew how persuasive Mom was. She wouldn't stop until she had gotten an answer.
"Well, let's just say today is a happy day," I said with all smiles.
I got up from the chair and took my brush—combed my hair on the way.
Franz was already in the living room when I arrived. I placed my hand on his and let him lead me out as Mom watched.
The village square was filled with people: Men, women, children—all going about their businesses. The airy breeze blew, tugging lightly at our hair; the red roses on the sidewalks beckoned to us to pluck them—they all smelled nice, making me do. I plucked out the petals of the one I picked. The flower's fragrance filled my nose as I walked hand in hand with Franz. "Here, Franz," I showed him a petal. "Smell this." I bumped into someone.

To Be Cont'd

"Franz?" He was so real! "H-how are you real?" I couldn't believe someone I cooked up in my mind was. He was standing before me, my imaginary friend—just like how I'd imagined, he had a chiselled nose and an awkward jaw—which I still loved.
"It can't be," I couldn't believe it. "How are you real?" I asked again.
His firm nose twitched. Confused and not knowing what I meant, he looked down at me and behind, as though someone was standing there. "I'm sorry, do I know you?"
I was lost. "Know me?"
"It seems like you've seen a ghost," he said.
I chuckled and moved a strand of my hair backwards. I'd seen a ghost, for sure, only that it was cute."I'm El," I stretched out my hand. "Ella." I didn't mind if I was the first to introduce myself.
"Hans," He smiled. "Hans Bouvillon." he accepted the shake.
My heart fluttered inside as our palms met. It felt like we had known each other before. Of course! He was my imaginary friend... turned real shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by Bam17(f): 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2022
Ruthless—brutal, words all linked.
I hadn’t known about these words until today. The day my parents were killed and I was made to watch.

“Lala! Lala!”
It was on that fateful day. The day we were to leave for New Zealand. Mom had packed all our things and they were in the living room. She was running down the stairs with Dad following behind. I was excited to be on our way to Oceania, and I couldn’t wait to be on a plane.
“Honey, take your jacket. Here, let me put it on.”
I smiled as she did. Little me was overexcited. How lovely would it be to get out again?
“Heart, where is it? My wristwatch.”
“Oh, it’s on the stand, honey. There. Right there.” She pointed. I clung to her hand as she looked down at me, my baby teeth all showing. Dad got his watch on the DVD stand, and we set to leave, as the door pushed open.
Pua! The sound of a gunshot, my Dad falling right to the floor.
“Ah—” Pua! A second one, my Mom fell next.
At that time I knew not what a gun was, and was scared because of how loud it was. My parents lay on the cold floor, bloody and as stiff as anything I’d seen.
The shooter was gone, and I was left alone with my parents’ bodies to tend to. Could the world ever be so cruel? I stood in shock, dumb and frozen at the spot. Oh, why?

R_A_W

1 Like 1 Share

Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by Bam17(f): 2:27pm On Jun 14, 2022
I was only in Jss2 when my parents died. Used to living in a place of comfort, I tried so hard to get back everything I once had, but it wasn't so easy.
"Would you like to work with me, Adim?"
"Yes, Boss."
"Here," I was handed a gun. And that was how it began.
Paid 50 every month; a heavy sum I could never achieve by doing meagre jobs, I was able to gain ground in two years—was only 15—was ready to walk away and be a boss of my own. A better boss than 'he'. I was certain that I could handle the situation.
Being part of a syndicate gave me the confidence I thought I'd never have. My blood boiled every time. Each time I held a gun, I felt an ounce to kill. And it was that spirit that drove me to commit the greatest crime… killing my boss Mtagi… a story of how I'd done it to be written another day.

~A Jess Short

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by marenx: 6:05pm On Jun 14, 2022
Bam17:
I was only in Jss2 when my parents died. Used to living in a place of comfort, I tried so hard to get back everything I once had, but it wasn't so easy.
"Yes, Boss."
Paid 50 every month; a heavy sum I could never achieve by doing meagre jobs, I was able to gain ground in two years—was only 15—was ready to walk away and be a boss of my own. A better boss than 'he'. I was certain that I could handle the situation.
Being part of a syndicate gave me the confidence I thought I'd never have. My blood boiled every time. Each time I held a gun, I felt an ounce to kill. And it was that spirit that drove me to commit the greatest crime… killing my boss Mtagi… a story of how I'd done it to be written another day.

~A Jess Short

Being part of a syndicate gave me the confidence I thought I'd never have. My blood boiled every time.

Nice wan.smiley

1 Like

Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by Bam17(f): 7:21pm On Jun 14, 2022
Bam17:

~A Jess Short

Photo Credit: Pinterest kiss

1 Share

Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by Bam17(f): 7:22pm On Jun 14, 2022
marenx:

Being part of a syndicate gave me the confidence I thought I'd never have. My blood boiled every time.

Nice wan.smiley

Thank you, Sir. I'm glad you're following wink

1 Like

Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by Bam17(f): 10:47am On Jun 28, 2022
S_IM_P_LY S_H_O_R_T

I was in love with a mafia. A man I never thought could hurt a fly. He was pretty sweet and kind, and all other things I could ever wish...
I wanted so much for him to notice me. But it could never be. We were from two different worlds, how sad. If only It could be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by GoodIsGod: 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2022
Bam17:
  A woman ran in with a sleeping child. The child was feeling unwell and almost without breath. Her mother's cries filled the room as she pleaded for her child to be saved. "Please... please, Reverend Father, save my child. Save my baby—" Her baby was slowly leaving. The priest looked at her, and down at the child, as he carried her, saying a few words of prayer.
The child gave a sharp cry—and next a woman appeared, unclad, claiming the child. “She's mine!” yelled the unclean spirit.
“She isn't yours!" the priest forbade the child to be hers, and planted a kiss on her tender cheek.
"No!" the demoness cried. “No!”
The priest rebuked her. “You do not belong here, daughter of the seven seas—" the demoness was no more.
The child was free, and the priest handed her to her mother. “She is free—”

~God's wonderful work

**Can continue, but you know, shorts sad

Are these your works?

1 Like

Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by GoodIsGod: 2:10pm On Jun 28, 2022
Bam17:
"Yes, Boss."

~A Jess Short

Wow! Nicely penned.

1 Like

Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by Bam17(f): 4:24pm On Jun 28, 2022
GoodIsGod:

Are these your works?
Yes. All are penned thoughts manufactured from boredom.

1 Like

Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by Bam17(f): 4:25pm On Jun 28, 2022
GoodIsGod:

Wow! Nicely penned.

Thank you wink I appreciate, really kiss
Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by GoodIsGod: 7:26pm On Jun 28, 2022
Bam17:

Yes. All are penned thoughts manufactured from boredom.
Im impressed. Kudos.
Re: STORIES TO GET YOU WANTING MORE: J.K DURU by dontrulee: 10:41pm On Jul 06, 2022
Bam17:
Check 2nd page to read UDENE kiss

Yawns. Just random thoughts

Thump—thump—I could hear heavy footsteps and loud snorts; our unwelcome visitor, one I couldn't see. I was getting dizzy from the blood loss, and weary from not having eaten for days, but I tried not to give up, at least not yet.
Struggling to keep swollen, weak eyes open, I made out a faint image walking towards where I laid; one that wasn't my sister's.
Gasping with little strength, I gave in to the voice that kept telling me to surrender.
  If this was a dream, I knew not. All I wanted was to be wide awake again and be free from this horrible nightmare.
  "Where is she?" A husky voice got my hair shaft fully erect.

~Lu*Ci*Ll*E

Jessica, how are you doing?
Longest time... I lost your contact

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Short Story Contest / Impregnate Me Or I Die (episode 9) / Free Guns, Germs And Steel Audiobook: How Do I Get It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.