Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,159 members, 7,977,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 05:54 AM

9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse (16515 Views)

Over 400 People Dead, 1000 Injured As Massive Earthquake Hits Nepal / Document Exposes Plot To Collapse Nigeria’s Economy By US & Britain / Death toll of South Africans Killed In Nigeria Megachurch Collapse rises to 84 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by denex: 8:59am On Aug 06, 2007
@PiTy H

I wonder why you didn't raise any of these questions or consider possibilities when you were talking about Lee Harvey Oswald.

And if I want to use google is to search for diagrams on powerplants using liquified coal. Not to search for what we already know. I've severally see simulations of ballistics on the Kennedy shooting, I've seen actual footage on the hunting rifle in oswald's backyard. So don't come here telling me what to google and what not to google.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by ebos(m): 9:38am On Aug 06, 2007
I can’t picture the points some people are making here. America invaded Iraq, killed thousands there, Afghanistan and the rest. What was the cause of the war in Afghanistan, and subsequently the invasion of Iraq? It seems some people have forgotten the devilish act of these terrorists in September 11, 2001. Was it not the cause of the war? If you claim not support bad thing, then let the truth be said at all time. Osama Bin Laden ran to Afghanistan after thousands of Americans were killed on a peaceful time, and US demanded that Osama should be handed over to them or allow him to run to any country of his choice. Afghanistan refused to hand him over, instead they were jubilating that the villain had killed thousands of innocent Americans. So, Afghanistan came under server attacks as a result of their foolishness.

As for Iraq, Late Saddam and his people were also jubilating and hailing Osama, and when it was alleged that Iraq had weapon of mass destruction, UN demanded that full investigation should be carried out in Iraq but Saddam refused them entry. More time was given to Saddam to comply, but he failed. He knew he had no such weapon but pride, ignorant and idiocy didn’t allow him to do the right thing. So, US having seen what happened to them in 2001 could not fold their hands and watch. There is no way, you cannot panic on hearing that a mad man is holding matchet or gun. You must find a way to disarm him. That was exactly what US did. Unfortunately nothing was found. Yes, you too must ransack a mad man’s house to free your mind. Countries like Canada, Britain, Japan etc hold such weapons because they reason like human beings and value lives. I remember when Saddam said there would be wars and jihad against US if they attack Afghanistan, then that war was brought to his house, and where is him today. As far as I am concerned, Saddam and his Advisers caused what is happening to Iraq today.

The issue now is people lost their lives. Simple!
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by denex: 9:52am On Aug 06, 2007
@ebos

Are you sure you know what you're saying? That Saddam refused inspectors entry?

Are you sure that Japan has nuclear weapons?
Are you sure that now the USA has colonised Afghanistan, if the UN ask them to provide Bin Laden, they could?

Are you sure you know anything about what you are saying?

@daprince

you see what I'm telling you? I honestly do not want to keep posting on this forum anymore but when I read through posts like ebos', I can't help myself.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by ebos(m): 10:08am On Aug 06, 2007
@denex
Japan may not hold such weapon, but I said full investigation in Iraq. Actually UN came to Iraq, but there were some places they wanted to go, but they were not allowed. However, you now know the cause of the war in Afghanistan and Iraq?
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by kemisole(f): 10:31am On Aug 06, 2007
a brigde collasped in america?america of all places?i still cant believe dz
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by omoge(f): 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2007
@ babyosisi lol grin honestly i don't like being at loggerhead with NL folks. am here to have fun and contribute a little.
i felt for families of pple that died in that wreck just as i felt when pple died in sosoliso and other disaster in motherland and Britain. out of no where a small boy that is still pissing for pant just come dey abusive omoge for no reason. It doesn't make sense to me my sister.

sometimes you can't keep quiet when you are pushed to the wall you know.

anyway to Pawpaw, i say it again God Bless America grin
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by otokx(m): 4:21pm On Aug 06, 2007
There are many structural deficient bridges in Nigeria; prominent of which is the one in rivers state which is on the east west road near UNIPORT called Choba bridge; more people have died driving through the barrier than the people who died in Minessota.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by osereka(m): 5:09pm On Aug 06, 2007
@denex,
ol boy forget these issue, you 've made your point
and we that can reason good understands.
if dem like make dem curse naija, their parents de here.
there are good naijas in amerika and there are idiots.
THE IDIOTS ARE THOSE USING LEFT HAND TO DESCRIBE THEIR FADA'S HOUSE IN NAIRALAND SO!
LONG LIVE NAIGERIA
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by Carlosein(m): 5:33pm On Aug 06, 2007
a human soul made by God is always a human soul made by God.

be it american, nigerian, afghanistan, or even saudi including Osama (is he from saudi?)

therefore when pple with souls die (not goats O!!) it can not be okay for some to say it is a curse frrom God or words to

that effect.

still they have a right to their opinion just as i have a right to post this, so abeg oga seun take it easy on the banning

please. grin
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by osereka(m): 7:23pm On Aug 06, 2007
IN AMERICA ALL ANIMAL ARE EQUAL
but white are more equal than the niggers
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 06, 2007
Murphy probably said it best;
if anything can go wrong , it will.

of course, things go wrong in naija with much more frequency. . .
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by dearstan(m): 8:51pm On Aug 06, 2007
kemisole:

a brigde collasped in america?america of all places?i still can't believe dz

what is america suppose to now be?, Heaven
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 06, 2007
osereka:

IN AMERICA ALL ANIMAL ARE EQUAL
but white are more equal than the niggers

you have real issues bro
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by PawPaw3(m): 12:09am On Aug 07, 2007
@Omoge
I don't know if you know this song am going to sing for you, all together now
"Ashawo o o no be work, na management o"
Hahahaha I will send you the cd, you will like it.
Am not implying you're a woman of easy virtue, I just thought this is na song you go like. No offence meant. So oya lets dance to the music
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by Nobody: 3:41am On Aug 07, 2007
Paw-Paw:

@Omoge
I don't know if you know this song am going to sing for you, all together now
Hahahaha I will send you the cd, you will like it.
Am not implying you're a woman of easy virtue, I just thought this is na song you go like. No offence meant. So oya lets dance to the music

I hope the members of your congregation know what manner of man thou art.
pastor! shocked shocked

erm,it's just a business abi?
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by denex: 6:52am On Aug 07, 2007
Na wah O! Things really hard for this America. Some of the recovery workers claim to have noticed bodies in the wreckage below the water, yet up till today they've not been able to clear them.

The US Navy has been called upon and still, they're unable to make any difference. Is it so difficult to site some construction cranes there and start moving the rubble and cars? Or perhaps there's something to hide? Even World Trade Centre no tey like this.

Anyway, another coal mine has collapsed in Utah, trapping 6 miners underground. Not to mention that about 8 US soldiers have been killed in Iraq since the weekend.

Proverbs 26:27 HE THAT DIGGETH A PIT SHALL FALL INTO IT AND HE THAT ROLLETH A STONE, IT SHALL RETURN TO HIM.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by ebos(m): 9:06am On Aug 07, 2007
People are now discussing things that not related to this topic. Nigerians with there mentality! Simply that a bridge collapsed and some deaths recorded, that is why some people are posting rubbish. whether we like it or not, America is bigger, richer, more intellectuals, more generous, technology, than Nigeria. Hatred cannot stop them from moving ahead. It's this hatred that has made some to erroneously compared Americans with God. But I tell you, vision is perhaps Americans greatest strength, it has kept them alive to the power and continuity of thought through the centuries, it makes them peer into the future and lends shape to the unknown. Where is Nigeria? Unnecessary haters!
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by denex: 9:19am On Aug 07, 2007
Vision that made them to start resurrecting dead people?

Nobody needs that kind of false vision.
vision that has made them indiscriminately distribute 190,000 weapons among Iraqis without trace? Nobody needs that kind of deadly vision.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by luka: 9:53am On Aug 07, 2007
ebos:

People are now discussing things that not related to this topic. Nigerians with there mentality! Simply that a bridge collapsed and some deaths recorded, that is why some people are posting rubbish. whether we like it or not, America is bigger, richer, more intellectuals, more generous, technology, than Nigeria. Hatred cannot stop them from moving ahead. It's this hatred that has made some to erroneously compared Americans with God. But I tell you, vision is perhaps Americans greatest strength, it has kept them alive to the power and continuity of thought through the centuries, it makes them peer into the future and lends shape to the unknown. Where is Nigeria? Unnecessary haters!

I am disappionted in you for just one reason, why are you killing yourself for a country that is not yours and castigating your own country and your fellow Nigerians for a country that you owe no allegiance to. Look at your post and tell me if the following makes sense, "America is bigger, richer, more intellectuals,more generous, technology than, Nigeria.

I don't share in those rejoicing or gloating over the fact that a bridge collapsed in America and also concur with a poster that no innocent person deserves to die. However, I will like to say an American being is no more precious than an Iraqi being in the sight of God. Why don't you also think of the numerous innocent Iraqi's that George Bush has sent to their early graves because of his war based on unfounded assumptions. The worst of all is the fact that a President whom the whole world perceives as the most powerful person orders his men to go to another country and execute their President.

The bottom line is that we don't have to rejoice that a bridge collapsed in America, all those expressing their anger are probably doing it maybe because they dislike that Bush man that is their leader (but they are not justified to rejoce either). But we also have great people who are Americans and care about Africa and its people.

I also imagine the kind of pain the families who lost their loved ones are in right now and those of you who said it is nemisis just imagine that it could have been one of your relatives there.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by ebos(m): 10:24am On Aug 07, 2007
@Luka
Quite alright, I'm a Nigerian but that does not stop me from telling the truth. No doubt, America is bigger than Nigeria both in achievements and whatever. So, re-emphasizing the already known truth does not in any way mean criticizing Nigeria. Most Nigerians should learn how to discuss on any topic especially one like this.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by denex: 10:40am On Aug 07, 2007
@ebos

didn't quite hear you mention the truth that the USA has assassinated far more people than Nigeria and massacred 100 more innocent citizens than died on both sides during the Nigerian Civil War.

Feel free to also mention than the USA is proudly the only country bold enough to have utilised it's vision in unleashing nuclear weapons on human beings.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by denex: 10:53am On Aug 07, 2007
@ebos

didn't quite hear you mention the truth that the USA has assassinated far more people than Nigeria and massacred 100 more innocent citizens than died on both sides during the Nigerian Civil War.

Feel free to also mention than the USA is proudly the only country bold enough to have utilised it's vision in unleashing nuclear weapons on human beings.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by Carlosein(m): 11:01am On Aug 07, 2007
uhm-uhm-uhm (coughs)

are we still here?

@denex
is there more to this issue than a bridge collapsing and some deaths recorded (just wondering)
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by ebos(m): 11:02am On Aug 07, 2007
@ denex
US assasinated more people than Nigeria? You have forgotten our politicians using religion to incite trouble. How many people died in the name of Sharia and related crises in Nigeria within 8 years of Obasanjo's regime. ? We saw killings and reprisals spreading everywhere. Those that were killed, can you put it in digits? A survey carried out recently showed that about 50,000 people were killed during Kano, Aba, Kaduna, Umuahia, Plateau, Onitsha, Lagos etc crises. In Nigeria, more than 3 different crises were recorded in some states. What are you now saying?
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by osereka(m): 11:45am On Aug 07, 2007
@ebos,
it clear to us that you are not a student of history
you are arguing on a subject u dont understand.
tell me what do you do in amerika? abi na laterine you de wash?
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by ebos(m): 12:04pm On Aug 07, 2007
@Osereka
Chief Historian! What is the subject I don't understand? From bridge collapsing to America getting their payback! Why not focus on the thread alone and stop hitting everywhere like kids. I may be washing toilet, is still a job. Now, point out what is false from what I posted. There were no crises in Nigeria? Do you read Newspapers at all? Or u are just in FCT without knowing what is happening in other parts of the country? Your Nigeria is good enough, yet our youths are running out. What is chasing them out? Continue to wallow in ignorance and your self illusion that all is well in Nigeria. Are you the type that feels as long as you are ok in Nigeria, any other person can go to hell?
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by osereka(m): 12:42pm On Aug 07, 2007
if everything is not ok in naija, is it amer-IKA that everything is ok?
ol girl there are opportunities here in naija too
talking about guys that decide to check out, some do, not becos they dont have what to do here
if you must know. cos I got friends and that are now staying abroad too. we talk, share ideas,
think of what we all can .do in our own small ways to help our country. NOT TO RUBBISH IT, LIKE THE LIKES OF YOU
ARE DOING HERE
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by denex: 1:00pm On Aug 07, 2007
@ebos

sometimes I can't understand Nigerians. American government proudly admits to slaughtering hundreds of thousands of people in the past 4 years. Yet nigerians will stand up and deny it for them.

Which kain set of people are all these self.

I've even met Nigerians that claimed that Americans were not involved in slavery, that it was the Europeans that were using slaves to work on their plantations in America and the Americans were just helpless colonial subjects.

Well carry on. You will soon be awarded a silver star.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by denex: 1:07pm On Aug 07, 2007
Anyway, let us concentrate on the bridge.
Let us concentrate on how 9 dead people depleted to 5.
Let us concentrate on how 30 missing people depleted to only 8 meanwhile only one of the 22 found has been announced.
Let's concentrate on why this recovery operation is taking so long.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by osereka(m): 1:24pm On Aug 07, 2007
@denex,
notin to talk about o
na the nuks them pilled up dem de look for where to use it.
that is why they can talk anyhow to smaller nations.
if not look at what they are saying about OPEC. THAT OPEC IS ILLEGAL
IMAGIN THAT!
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by Carlosein(m): 1:29pm On Aug 07, 2007
denex am still at a loss as to how a bridge collapsing could have been the cause of all these, historical reviews (for lack of a better qualification)

@osereka
i agree that they are not right on all issues but still fail to see how the bridge and deaths can be responsible for the above postings.
Re: 9 Killed, 60 Injured Yesterday In US Bridge Collapse by Iman3(m): 1:30pm On Aug 07, 2007
Carlosein:

denex am still at a loss as to how a bridge collapsing could have been the cause of all these, historical reviews (for lack of a better qualification)

He derives pleasure from seeing those people die in that bridge incident.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Mass Shooting At Kurdish Center In Paris. 3 Dead, shooter Arrested / Denmark, Italy Expel 45 Russian Diplomats. Denmark 15, Italy 30. / France Celebrates First Gay Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.