Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,516 members, 7,937,483 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 05:56 AM

Asiwaju Delegates Reject Proposed Amendment To APC Constitution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asiwaju Delegates Reject Proposed Amendment To APC Constitution (895 Views)

Tinubu Pays Ogun Delegates $25k, Adamawa $10k; Delegates Reject Osinbajo’s $5k / SE, SS Delegates Reject Northern Governors Plot For SW President, Prefer Yahaya / Buhari Signs Amendment To Executive Order 008 On VOARS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asiwaju Delegates Reject Proposed Amendment To APC Constitution by Ikpeyi: 12:59pm On Feb 18, 2022
The APC Statutory Delegates of South-West Extraction have rejected the proposed amendment to the party’s constitution seeking the removal of former and serving national assembly members as statutory delegates.

Operating under the aegis of ‘Asiwaju Delegates’, the stakeholders in a statement signed by Sen. Adegbenga Kaka, Sen. Ganiyu Olanrewaju Solomon, Sen Dayo Adeyeye, Hon. Ayo Omidiran and Hon. Bosun Oladele (protem Secretary) also warned against the imposition and fielding unpopular candidates as consensus in the forthcoming February 26 convention.

The seven point communique issued at the end of their meeting in Ibadan, the Oyo state capital reads.

“The APC Statutory Delegates of South-West Extraction loyal and supportive to His Excellency – Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu under the aegis of “ Asiwaju Delegates” met today the 17th Day of February, 2022 at Kakanfo Inn and Conference Centre Ibadan, Oyo State to deliberate on the forth coming Convention of our great party the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the interest of our leader in the Presidential Electoral Contest of 2023 where we resolved as follows:

1) That we are fully in support of the presidential ambition of His Excellency Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and shall continue to advocate and
network for same.
2) That we are in support of the decision of the Caretaker (Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee (CECPC) of our great party led by His
Excellency Mai Mala Buni to hold our National Convention on the 26th day of February, 2022.
3) We shall continue to support every decision of our party that is devoid of injustice, arbitrariness or any attempt to disenfranchise legitimate
party members from exercising their democratic rights in line with our party constitution and extant rules.
4) We are opposed to all moves and decisions that will not allow the upcoming national convention to be contested by willing party members in
an atmosphere devoid of any imposition and unpopular consensus arrangements.

5) We are opposed to any proposed amendment seeking to exclude former and serving members of the National Assembly of our party APC
from National Convention OR any proposed amendment seeking to alter the membership of the party’s National Convention as presently
composed as this is tantamount to “changing the rules in the middle of the game” because of primordial vested interests and such will not
encourage popular participation in the National Convention and Presidential primaries and will definitely rob the party of robust contest and
emergence of candidates by popular choice.
6) That by all known convention and democratic tenets, former and serving National Assembly members are ranking party members and
statesmen that play vital roles in party management and critical democratic process across all parties thus the question is: “who benefits
from their removal”?
7).Towards the actualisation our set goal of ensuring the emergence of His Excellency Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu as our presidential candidate
for the 2023 elections, we have resolved to continue to hold periodic meetings as and when necessary and to further network with other
zones of the Country”.

https://independent.ng/asiwaju-delegates-reject-proposed-amendment-to-apc-constitution/
Re: Asiwaju Delegates Reject Proposed Amendment To APC Constitution by Ikpeyi: 1:02pm On Feb 18, 2022
The game is on...on don set!
Re: Asiwaju Delegates Reject Proposed Amendment To APC Constitution by Validated: 1:02pm On Feb 18, 2022
Okay, that if Buni will read it. The only member of the Buni-led Caretaker Committee is at the battle front with Aregbe. Before he returns from the battle front, Buni wpuld have completed his assignment. Buhari is wicked sha!

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Delegates Reject Proposed Amendment To APC Constitution by Ikpeyi: 1:04pm On Feb 18, 2022
Validated:
Okay, that if Buni will read it.

But why are they afraid?
Re: Asiwaju Delegates Reject Proposed Amendment To APC Constitution by Baawaa(m): 1:06pm On Feb 18, 2022
They will frustrate Tinubu and delegates out of APC, mark my words
Re: Asiwaju Delegates Reject Proposed Amendment To APC Constitution by seunmsg(m): 1:07pm On Feb 18, 2022
The proposed amendment has failed already as it as been withdrawn.
Re: Asiwaju Delegates Reject Proposed Amendment To APC Constitution by Ikpeyi: 1:09pm On Feb 18, 2022
Validated:
Okay, that if Buni will read it. The only member of the Buni-led Caretaker Committee is at the battle front with Aregbe. Before he returns from the battle front, Buni wpuld have completed his assignment. Buhari is wicked sha!

Na Malami be the chief strategist...
Re: Asiwaju Delegates Reject Proposed Amendment To APC Constitution by Ikpeyi: 1:13pm On Feb 18, 2022
seunmsg:

How?
Re: Asiwaju Delegates Reject Proposed Amendment To APC Constitution by Validated: 1:14pm On Feb 18, 2022
Ikpeyi:

But why are they afraid?
Afraid of who? Constitutional amendment is an ongoing exercise. Just as amendment to Electoral Act is an ongoing exercise. OBJ once said, "I don't know who I will handover to, but I know I cannot handover to", so I guess Buhari is follpwing ssme route. He had said, "If you want APC to retain power, just agree with Buni, otherwise, the opposition takes it.

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Delegates Reject Proposed Amendment To APC Constitution by Validated: 1:16pm On Feb 18, 2022
seunmsg:
Question is how many times has Buhari and Buni's plans failed? This too shall pass. After that, they will set up reconciliayion committee to pacify the aggrieved partoes.
Re: Asiwaju Delegates Reject Proposed Amendment To APC Constitution by Ikpeyi: 1:17pm On Feb 18, 2022
Validated:

Afraid of who? Constitutional amendment is an ongoing exercise. Just as amendment to Electoral Act is an ongoing exercise. OBJ once said, "I don't know who I will handover to, but I know I cannot handover to", so I guess Buhari is follpwing ssme route. He had said, "If you want APC to retain power, just agree with Buni, otherwise, the opposition takes it.

Mark my word today...Tinubu may likely stepdown. He wouldn't want to be humiliated. He is contesting just to remain relevant.

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Delegates Reject Proposed Amendment To APC Constitution by nairavsdollars(f): 1:20pm On Feb 18, 2022
They are dealing with Tinubu left right front and back
Re: Asiwaju Delegates Reject Proposed Amendment To APC Constitution by Ikpeyi: 1:24pm On Feb 18, 2022
nairavsdollars:
They are dealing with Tinubu left right front and back

Its obvious that a lot of forces are against him...baba should just withdraw to avoid humiliation.
Re: Asiwaju Delegates Reject Proposed Amendment To APC Constitution by SWATMan: 1:33pm On Feb 18, 2022
Ikpeyi:

But why are they afraid?

Because BAT controls the ones from SW. Remember how he used them (ACN) to vote for Tambuwal (PDP Sokoto) against his PDP sister (Akande Moji) then to spite GEJ. What he did then was a precursor to his present ambition.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Delegates Reject Proposed Amendment To APC Constitution by Ikpeyi: 1:39pm On Feb 18, 2022
SWATMan:

Because BAT controls the ones from SW. Remember how he used them (ACN) to vote for Tambuwal (PDP Sokoto) against his PDP sister (Akande Moji) then to spite GEJ. What he did then was a precursor to his present ambition.
grin grin

But Buni and em men no get joy....why must they block the kingmakers men?
Re: Asiwaju Delegates Reject Proposed Amendment To APC Constitution by Ikpeyi: 1:45pm On Feb 18, 2022
By 26th we go know those in charge of party structure...no be party leader for mouth.
Re: Asiwaju Delegates Reject Proposed Amendment To APC Constitution by Dapson73(m): 2:09pm On Feb 18, 2022
Baawaa:
They will frustrate Tinubu and delegates out of APC, mark my words

They are too small for that.
Re: Asiwaju Delegates Reject Proposed Amendment To APC Constitution by nairavsdollars(f): 8:13pm On Feb 18, 2022
And why are his loyalists protesting their exclusion?
Dapson73:

They are too small for that.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Visited A Sheik In A City Where Over 70 Natives Were Killed Over Night / Ex-gov Obiano’s Wife Wins APGA Senatorial Ticket / Why The North Kicked Against Using NIN In Place Of PVC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.