Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,404 members, 7,978,281 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 03:01 AM

24-year-old Sofía Jirau Is Victoria’s Secret’s First Model With Down Syndrome - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 24-year-old Sofía Jirau Is Victoria’s Secret’s First Model With Down Syndrome (455 Views)

Celine Dion Diagnosed With 'Stiff Person Syndrome' (Video) / See this $1million Victoria’s Secret bra that got people talking (photos) / Rihanna Follows Eleven Paz, Model With Tribal Marks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

24-year-old Sofía Jirau Is Victoria’s Secret’s First Model With Down Syndrome by Darteyyyy(m): 1:56pm On Feb 18, 2022
Twenty-four-year-old Sofía Jirau this week made history, becoming the first Victoria's Secret model with Down syndrome, joining a group of 17 models to help launch the lingerie brand's new campaign.

Jirau celebrated the achievement this week in a Valentine's Day post on her Instagram account.

“One day I dreamed of it, I worked on it and today it is a dream come true. I can finally tell you my big secret,” she wrote in Spanish, as translated by "Today".

Jirau added, “I am the first Victoria’s Secret model with Down syndrome!”

Along with being the first model with Down syndrome in a Victoria's Secret campaign, Jirau is also only the second Puerto Rican model featured by the brand.

Jirau launched her modelling career in 2019 in Puerto Rico, along with her own online store Alavett.

Last year, she also debuted on the runway at New York Fashion Week, writing on her website, "I am proud as one of the few models with Down syndrome who has managed to participate in the important fashion event."

Source: https://www.9jalinks.com/comments/index/40987

Re: 24-year-old Sofía Jirau Is Victoria’s Secret’s First Model With Down Syndrome by We4all: 1:59pm On Feb 18, 2022
Her condition isn’t chronic na. She is even pretty.

1 Like

Re: 24-year-old Sofía Jirau Is Victoria’s Secret’s First Model With Down Syndrome by illicit(m): 2:15pm On Feb 18, 2022
I don't mind getting down with her

It will be our secret tongue
Re: 24-year-old Sofía Jirau Is Victoria’s Secret’s First Model With Down Syndrome by CrudeSon: 2:17pm On Feb 18, 2022
Mek dem find those ones they battery don go down well,this no na slight imbe

(1) (Reply)

Ritualist: Suspected Group Of Boys Performs Ritual By River Side (video) / Wizkhalifa Ft Wiz Kid | Multiverse Coming Soon. / Wizkid’s Essence Should Be The Grammy’s Song Of The Year - Nicki Minaj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.