Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,793 members, 7,875,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:53 AM

Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) (42902 Views)

What Will You Do In This Situation / As A Driver, What Would You Do In This Situation? / As A Driver If You Find Yourself In This Situation What Will You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by wonder233: 12:16pm On Feb 19, 2022
There are two trucks, one is white and is on the left side. Good. Now, the other one that is NOT white that is on the right hand side is the one I'm talking about
goaldynboy:

Where did you see RED TRUCK?! undecided

1 Like

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by lionphil(m): 12:18pm On Feb 19, 2022
ShenTeh:

Thank God for His mercies, I have been in this situation several times on that Oyo-Ogbomosho expressway.

This often happens when the trailer doing the overtaking is performing better than the one in its front while on a hill. The downside for you would therefore mean than you are coming down a slope.

I have seen a so-called driving instructor saying the official instruction is that you maintain your lane. But my brother, that is suicide.

Often times, you flash your full-lights and indicate that you are going right. Help yourself to the kerb as far right as you can go. Reclaim your route once the road is clear.

Too, sometimes your immediate right is a ditch or too deep for any maneuver. I have been in that situation too and had had to make a very quick dash to the kerb on my left. One particular time the trailer on my left practically stopped for me. 2 nanoseconds is all your life hangs on.

3. One Sunday morning coming back to Lagos on that same highway, same situation, ditch to the right, ditch to the left, was with my brother-in-law and his newly wedded wife, who was screaming profusely. I kicked the car to reverse. Luckily no vehicle was coming. Still ended up in a little ditch. My silencer was gone and my first gear began misbehaving.

This is also one of the reasons you need a smart car, not cars that will 'go and set up a committee' before responding to acceleration. My loyal dog, my darling Infiniti G20 (I called her My Barbara), I miss you so much.

Most importantly, I am forever grateful to God.

That was som quick fast thinking. Ditch on both sides has never happened to me but I can relate to these scenarios on several occasions.

2 Likes

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by akinade28(f): 12:19pm On Feb 19, 2022
pocohantas:

I’ll leave the road for them. We live to fight another day.

As you can see, this one and majority of his gender would refuse to swerve. That is why they have fewer pictures of three generations. They will na say it is women (wives) killing them.

Whereas the main cause of their deaths are;
1) Coconut head.
2) Taking tramadol to knack younger side chicks.
This is so funny ������
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by lionphil(m): 12:20pm On Feb 19, 2022
ShenTeh:

Thank God for His mercies, I have been in this situation several times on that Oyo-Ogbomosho expressway.

This often happens when the trailer doing the overtaking is performing better than the one in its front while on a hill. The downside for you would therefore mean than you are coming down a slope.

I have seen a so-called driving instructor saying the official instruction is that you maintain your lane. But my brother, that is suicide.

Often times, you flash your full-lights and indicate that you are going right. Help yourself to the kerb as far right as you can go. Reclaim your route once the road is clear.

Too, sometimes your immediate right is a ditch or too deep for any maneuver. I have been in that situation too and had had to make a very quick dash to the kerb on my left. One particular time the trailer on my left practically stopped for me. 2 nanoseconds is all your life hangs on.

3. One Sunday morning coming back to Lagos on that same highway, same situation, ditch to the right, ditch to the left, was with my brother-in-law and his newly wedded wife, who was screaming profusely. I kicked the car to reverse. Luckily no vehicle was coming. Still ended up in a little ditch. My silencer was gone and my first gear began misbehaving.

This is also one of the reasons you need a smart car, not cars that will 'go and set up a committee' before responding to acceleration. My loyal dog, my darling Infiniti G20 (I called her My Barbara), I miss you so much.

That was some quick thinking. Ditch on both sides has never happened to me but I can relate to these scenarios on several occasions.

2 Likes

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by KosiGee(m): 12:20pm On Feb 19, 2022
YourFavorite21:
Omo I will drive down with full speed, no be me go comot for road, I hate being bullied.

Face ya' fear.

You must have some samurai spirit inside you. That’s kamikaze.

I know you are joking though.

If it’s Naija road, the driver would swerve to the right and into the lawns. The truck driver must have popped some mkpurumiri. If this was in the Uk, Australia, India or east Africa(Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania) the car driver would’ve been on the wrong side of the road and the truck driver on the left needs his head checked

2 Likes

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Dotez: 12:21pm On Feb 19, 2022
Buh what if the approaching car from this other and is a big truck as well?

1 Like

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Decryptor(m): 12:23pm On Feb 19, 2022
Do a 180 degree turn towards the left and speed up
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by proclinician: 12:24pm On Feb 19, 2022
Yoruba ppl sabi drive like this. Na why they roast their kinsmen on a daily basis with fire and brimstone
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Manuel91(m): 12:25pm On Feb 19, 2022
Sekoni003:
Swerve hard to the un-tarred road on the right beside the yellow truck then get back to the main road once I see an opening in traffic. That way I'd still maintain my lane without causing a crash since the yellow truck is on the wrong lane

I swear I like this bros cheesy
You dey analyse die!!!!

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Dotez: 12:25pm On Feb 19, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 19, 2022
naptu2:
Checkout the driver of the other train at 27 seconds in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD_Y8nHhnOo

Japa things from the driver, real life fast and ....... lolz.
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by ReachHard: 12:26pm On Feb 19, 2022
This is why they say OVERSPEEDING KILLS for all parties, even you who's approaching them, if you were more anticipatory and cautious, you wouldn't find yourself that close to both tankers..you would have slowed down far enough, that's one of the many skills of driving, it's all about deploying your "Number Six" in split situations.

I repeat again; A GOOD DRIVER WON'T FIND HIMSELF IN SUCH SITUATIONS. Experienced ones though

6 Likes

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Pacyrus(m): 12:27pm On Feb 19, 2022
I will simply swerve into the bush yonder and leave the road for these two 'big fools'.

Before nko? �
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Tantamount20: 12:27pm On Feb 19, 2022
I'll slow down while i flash d incoming truck repeatedly...if it doesn't change lane...na to enter the field ni o
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by eallstar: 12:28pm On Feb 19, 2022
izzou:
No gree for am angry

Don't swerve anything. The trailer would be forced to swerve. I hate being bullied angry

In heaven I think?

1 Like

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by backnbeta(f): 12:29pm On Feb 19, 2022
ShenTeh:

I wanted to say this happens a lot along Ogbomosho/Oyo axis, then I saw your post. Your post is so true because I have been in cars facing this situation on a few occasions on that same road! I also think they harass private car owners more undecided

3 Likes

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by perryy(m): 12:30pm On Feb 19, 2022
wonder233:
Its a no-brainer: swerve swiftly to the untarred road by the right. Good thing is that red truck isn't that close, so there is ample time to swerve. Let them both pass, then continue back on the tarred road

Look closely, both sides of the road has a river probably filled with sharks.
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by damosky12(m): 12:31pm On Feb 19, 2022
Ishilove:

Didn't you learn anything in driving school?? You are supposed to tilt the car on two wheels and drive between the trucks.

Wa she're. James Bond!

1 Like

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by perryy(m): 12:31pm On Feb 19, 2022
backnbeta:

I wanted to say this happens a lot along Ogbomosho/Oyo axis, then I saw your post. Your post is so true because I have been in cars facing this situation on a few occasions on that same road! I also think they harass private car owners more undecided

The day I passe through that road, my heart was in my mouth. Naija is terrible

1 Like

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by TrebleChamp(m): 12:32pm On Feb 19, 2022
izzou:
No gree for am angry

Don't swerve anything. The trailer would be forced to swerve. I hate being bullied angry

You don carry your wickedness come here ba grin
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by fitinwell: 12:33pm On Feb 19, 2022
Ishilove:
I'm still learning so in this situation, I will simply swerve into the bush yonder and leave the road for these two 'big fools'. "Exit of a young gem" will never be my portion. angry

Experienced drivers, let's hear from you!

See Space for there middle Nah.
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by kareem257: 12:33pm On Feb 19, 2022
Trafficate to the right to make the trailer driver know say I wan move right. Then I move right comot for road for them make dem continue dey enjoy themselves
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 19, 2022
naptu2:
Checkout the driver of the other train at 27 seconds in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD_Y8nHhnOo

Unexpected timing. Trains should have unbeatable schedules, just like planes.
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Hassanmaye(m): 12:35pm On Feb 19, 2022
Ishilove:
I'm still learning so in this situation, I will simply swerve into the bush yonder and leave the road for these two 'big fools'. "Exit of a young gem" will never be my portion. angry

Haha what if there is that close gap
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Newboss(m): 12:36pm On Feb 19, 2022
Keep going, full speed. When we reach that bridge we go cross am.

1 Like

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Salihusaliheen(m): 12:41pm On Feb 19, 2022
Surfway max pro loading
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Havertz10: 12:41pm On Feb 19, 2022
Flash your lights, he will slow down
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Mobwalter(m): 12:43pm On Feb 19, 2022
Ishilove:

Omoh! I don dey dis position before wen I was travelling..d driver nor gree comot road oo till d trailer at d front run enter bush we just pass d middle..I almost piss for body o..thank God dat day for our life

3 Likes

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by romeocares2: 12:44pm On Feb 19, 2022
Stand your ground. After all you're on your lane[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by YellowMayor(m): 12:45pm On Feb 19, 2022
This thread funny die grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Driving Experts, What Will You Do In This Situation? (pic) by Maxxim: 12:47pm On Feb 19, 2022
Na to pause the game

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Keke Driver Burns To Death After Being Chased By Policemen (graphic Photo) / The All New 2019 Toyota Avalon Is Full Of Sophistication And Style (photos) / Photos From A Terrible Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.