Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,172 members, 7,880,659 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:04 AM

Jesus Is The Messiah! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is The Messiah! (928 Views)

Jesus Christ Is The Messiah! Follow Him! / Atiku: Tunde Bakare's Prophecy About Messiah From Adamawa In 2002 / 2019: Nigeria’s Messiah Will Come From North - Pastor Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Is The Messiah! by AntiChristian: 10:15am On Feb 19, 2022
Yes, Jesus was the Messiah! But that depends on what you mean by the term "Messiah"! Messiah means "anointed"

Every Prophet was a Messiah but the term was just commonly used for Jesus.

1. Messiah was used by Yahweh for King Cyrus who was a disbeliever in Him
In Isaiah 45:1 we read: This is what YAHWEH says to Cyrus His Messiah, whose right hand I have grasped to subdue nations before him, to disarm kings, to open the doors before him, so that the gates will not be shut:

Anointed in Greek is "Christos" translated Christ!

So Jesus is Christ the Messiah as many were Christos before him and after him.
Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by cornelboy(f): 10:38am On Feb 19, 2022
Was Mohammed anointed?

AntiChristian:

Yes, Jesus was the Messiah! But that depends on what you mean by the term "Messiah"! Messiah means "anointed"

In Isaiah 45:1 we read: This is what YAHWEH says to Cyrus His Messiah, whose right hand I have grasped to subdue nations before him, to disarm kings, to open the doors before him, so that the gates will not be shut:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by AntiChristian: 12:38pm On Feb 19, 2022
cornelboy:
Was Mohammed anointed?

All Prophets are anointed!
Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by cornelboy(f): 1:26pm On Feb 19, 2022
What bout the laws Mohammed brought that are contrary and substandard to laws brought by Jesus and previous prophets?

Mohammed might be anointed but do you think he was from the same true YHWH God of the Hebrews?

Why would an anointed prophet that claimed to be the seal of prophets and sent to all mankind violates God's laws and bring another contradicting laws?

AntiChristian:

Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by AntiChristian: 1:34pm On Feb 19, 2022
cornelboy:
What bout the laws Mohammed brought that are contrary and substandard to laws brought by Jesus and previous prophets?

Mohammed might be anointed but do you think he was from the same true YHWH God of the Hebrews?

Why would an anointed prophet that claimed to be the seal of prophets and sent to all mankind violates God's laws and bring another contradicting laws?

Cyrus the idol worshipper too is Christ! So what?
Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by cornelboy(f): 1:43pm On Feb 19, 2022
AntiChristian:

Cyrus the idol worshipper too is Christ! So what?

smiley smiley smiley
Stop using atheists materials cheesy
Why don't you answer my questions?
You are actually the one using diversion tactics smiley

Was Jesus Christ from God? :
Bible; Yes
Koran; Yes

Is Cyrus the idol worshipper the Christ God promised to send?:
Bible; No
Koran:No
Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:41pm On Feb 19, 2022
AntiChristian:

Obviously you don't know the import of that word "ANOINTED" because David was a prophet yet he knew the difference between an anointed of Jehovah and other prophets like himself:

The kings of the earth take their stand And high officials gather together as one Against Jehovah and against his anointed one. Psalms 2:2

It only apply to one person Jesus who will serve as High priest and King over God's people:

“I myself have installed my king On Zion, my holy mountain.” Psalms 2:6

So there's no Christ before and after Jesus the only High Priest chosen to also rule over God's people as King! smiley

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by AntiChristian: 12:37am On Feb 20, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Obviously you don't know the import of that word "ANOINTED" because David was a prophet yet he knew the difference between an anointed of Jehovah and other prophets like himself:

The kings of the earth take their stand And high officials gather together as one Against Jehovah and against his anointed one. Psalms 2:2

It only apply to one person Jesus who will serve as High priest and King over God's people:

“I myself have installed my king On Zion, my holy mountain.” Psalms 2:6

So there's no Christ before and after Jesus the only High Priest chosen to also rule over God's people as King! smiley

How was Cyrus anointed as a disbeliever?
Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by AntiChristian: 12:57am On Feb 20, 2022
cornelboy:

smiley smiley smiley
Stop using atheists materials cheesy
Why don't you answer my questions?
You are actually the one using diversion tactics smiley

Was Jesus Christ from God? :
Bible; Yes
Koran; Yes

Is Cyrus the idol worshipper the Christ God promised to send?:
Bible; No
Koran:No

I agree with your claims above! But Cyrus was Christos just as Christ from your Bible.

Cyrus was an anointed disbeliever of Yahweh! Yahweh gave him tasks too!
Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by AntiChristian: 1:03am On Feb 20, 2022
cornelboy:

All Prophets that brought laws can have new laws that abolish some laws or establishes new laws!

Jesus brought new laws as well as Muhammad but that's not the subject of discussion here.

Thanks for the diversion!
Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:03am On Feb 20, 2022
AntiChristian:

He delivered God's people from Babylon and ordered them to go back to their homeland to restore pure worship.
That's why God told the Israelites that Cyrus was chosen to be their deliverer just as Nebuchadnezzar was chosen to be their punisher.
The Israelites knew very well that a real anointment goes with oil from the high priest who will pour it on the anointed King just as Samuel anointed King Saul and David.
But the anointment of Jesus came through God's Holy Spirit {Matthew 3:16-17} that's why all God's prophet kept waiting for the one and only King whose anointment will come through God's Holy Spirit. Psalms 2:2
May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by AntiChristian: 7:08am On Feb 20, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

He delivered God's people from Babylon and ordered them to go back to their homeland to restore pure worship.
That's why God told the Israelites that Cyrus was chosen to be their deliverer just as Nebuchadnezzar was chosen to be their punisher.
The Israelites knew very well that a real anointment goes with oil from the high priest who will pour it on the anointed King just as Samuel anointed King Saul and David.
But the anointment of Jesus came through God's Holy Spirit {Matthew 3:16-17} that's why all God's prophet kept waiting for the one and only King whose anointment will come through God's Holy Spirit. Psalms 2:2
May you have PEACE! smiley

Good, so many non-believers in Yahweh are Christos? Cyrus was even able to save his people. He's their Messiah.
Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:27am On Feb 20, 2022
AntiChristian:

Good, so many non-believers in Yahweh are Christos? Cyrus was even able to save his people. He's their Messiah.
For sure he saved them from Babylon.
But when we talk about Jesus Christ his own anointment goes far beyond setting slaves free, he saved obedient mankind from Satan who infused hatred in their hearts to carry weapons and aim at one another! Revelations 6:3-4
That's why he is the saviour of the world.
There is no saviour who has ever been able to save mankind from themselves like that. Other saviours do save people from oppression but Jesus restore sanity in the hearts of obedient mankind. Today Jehovah's Witnesses have come out from that madness that infiltrated itself into mankind's brains to hated and kill one another in mass. Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3
So any religion that's not able to do the same for it's adherents still remains under the control of Satan the devil who is the real KILLER! John 8:44 smiley
Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by AntiChristian: 7:36am On Feb 20, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

For sure he saved them from Babylon.
But when we talk about Jesus Christ his own anointment goes far beyond setting slaves free, he saved obedient mankind from Satan who infused hatred in their hearts to carry weapons and aim at one another! Revelations 6:3-4
That's why he is the saviour of the world.
There is no saviour who has ever been able to save mankind from themselves like that. Other saviours do save people from oppression but Jesus restore sanity in the hearts of obedient mankind. Today Jehovah's Witnesses have come out from that madness that infiltrated itself into mankind's brains to hated and kill one another in mass. Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3
So any religion that's not able to do the same for it's adherents still remains under the control of Satan the devil who is the real KILLER! John 8:44 smiley

Cyrus despite his disbelief was still anointed by Jehovah to do His work. Which religion did he profess? Jehovah witness?
Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:50am On Feb 20, 2022
AntiChristian:

Cyrus despite his disbelief was still anointed by Jehovah to do His work. Which religion did he profess? Jehovah witness?
Ọmọ if you want to crack jokes there's a section for that on this forum but if you want to be sincere with your own soul stay here and gain what Islam can never give you! smiley
Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by AntiChristian: 8:00am On Feb 20, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ if you want to crack jokes there's a section for that on this forum but if you want to be sincere with your own soul stay here and gain what Islam can never give you! smiley

Thanks for your contribution!
Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:07am On Feb 20, 2022
AntiChristian:

Thanks for your contribution!
You're welcome my friend!
Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by cornelboy(f): 12:19pm On Feb 20, 2022
AntiChristian:

All Prophets that brought laws can have new laws that abolish some laws or establishes new laws!

Jesus brought new laws as well as Muhammad but that's not the subject of discussion here.

Thanks for the diversion!

I told you bringing another law is not the problem but bringing a substandard and imperfect and contrasting law is.
Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by AntiChristian: 12:23pm On Feb 20, 2022
cornelboy:

I told you bringing another law is not the problem but bringing a substandard and imperfect and contrasting law is.

What is the standard for fornication from Yahweh?

Did Jesus follow this standard?
Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by cornelboy(f): 3:09pm On Feb 20, 2022
Matthew 5:27-28,31-32
[27]“You have heard the commandment that says, ‘You must not commit adultery.’
[28]But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
[31]“You have heard the law that says, ‘A man can divorce his wife by merely giving her a written notice of divorce.’
[32]But I say that a man who divorces his wife, unless she has been unfaithful, causes her to commit adultery. And anyone who marries a divorced woman also commits adultery.

Jesus was the end of the law and the old covenant.
He even brought a law with higher standard but established in love.
And Jesus was a perfect role model everyone should follow.

AntiChristian:

What is the standard for fornication from Yahweh?

Did Jesus follow this standard?
Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by sonmvayina(m): 3:15pm On Feb 20, 2022
AntiChristian:

Where did you get the idea that Cyrus was an unbeliever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIsx_tb-DFk
Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by madegreatbygrace(m): 5:10pm On Feb 20, 2022
quote author=AntiChristian post=110354626

What does the word “anointed” mean to you?
Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by AntiChristian: 7:47am On Feb 21, 2022
madegreatbygrace:

What does the word “anointed” mean to you?

Christ means anointed.
Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by AntiChristian: 7:49am On Feb 21, 2022
sonmvayina:

Where did you get the idea that Cyrus was an unbeliever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIsx_tb-DFk

He was never a believer in Yahweh.
Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by AntiChristian: 7:59am On Feb 21, 2022
cornelboy:
Matthew 5:27-28,31-32
[27]“You have heard the commandment that says, ‘You must not commit adultery.’
[28]But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
[31]“You have heard the law that says, ‘A man can divorce his wife by merely giving her a written notice of divorce.’
[32]But I say that a man who divorces his wife, unless she has been unfaithful, causes her to commit adultery. And anyone who marries a divorced woman also commits adultery.

Jesus was the end of the law and the old covenant.
He even brought a law with higher standard but established in love.
And Jesus was a perfect role model everyone should follow.

Where did Jesus himself say he was the end of the law and the old covenant?

Do you mean Yahweh inspired Moses and Joshua didn't rule with love?

Was Moses and Joshua not perfect roles models too?
Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by cornelboy(f): 9:47am On Feb 21, 2022
The whole of Old testament and prophets testified and pointed to the Messiah. God through prophecy even promise the Israelites a new covenant which was brought through Christ Jesus. That was why Jesus said he came to fulfill the law.

AntiChristian:

Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by AntiChristian: 9:52am On Feb 21, 2022
cornelboy:
The whole of Old testament and prophets testified and pointed to the Messiah. God through prophecy even promise the Israelites a new covenant which was brought through Christ Jesus. That was why Jesus said he came to fulfill the law.

Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by cornelboy(f): 10:00am On Feb 21, 2022
I told ya, even Moses prophesied about the Messiah.
Jesus promised His followers the holy spirit that it will teach them all things.
The old covenant was strictly for the Israelites but God brought a new covenant through Christ and extended salvation to all mankind.

AntiChristian:

Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by AntiChristian: 10:02am On Feb 21, 2022
cornelboy:
I told ya, even Moses prophesied about the Messiah.
Jesus promised His followers the holy spirit that it will teach them all things.
The old covenant was strictly for the Israelites but God brought a new covenant through Christ and extended salvation to all mankind.

Did Moses mention Jesus's name? How did he prophesied about Jesus?
Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by cornelboy(f): 10:06am On Feb 21, 2022
No prophets mentioned Jesus name in their prophecy. Gabriel mentioned his name first when he appeared to Mary.

AntiChristian:

Did Moses mention Jesus's name? How did he prophesied about Jesus?
Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by AntiChristian: 10:07am On Feb 21, 2022
cornelboy:
No prophets mentioned Jesus name in their prophecy. Gabriel mentioned his name first when he appeared to Mary.

So do we know Moses's prophecy was not referring to Muhammad?
Re: Jesus Is The Messiah! by cornelboy(f): 10:38am On Feb 21, 2022
It's possible but it was never referring to Mohammed.
More details were given by other prophets about the PROPHET that's coming. Jesus fufilled all the prophecies.
Jesus performed many miracles through God's power.

AntiChristian:

So do we know Moses's prophecy was not referring to Muhammad?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apostle Sule And His Knacking Ministry / I Love My Religion / Pls Pray For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.