Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,221 members, 7,880,809 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:16 AM

Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (21642 Views)

Dangote Never Dated Sylvia Nduka - Insiders / Dangote Never Dated Sylvia Nduka / Dangote Never Dated Sylvia Nduka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by Araboy(m): 1:48pm On Jun 27, 2011
it's amazing how Nigerians can turn any subject to a religious war no wonder why you calling yourself proudly the giant of Africa yet still harbor a lot hate to each other I think most  Christians and Muslims in Nigeria are fanatics
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by kandiikane(m): 1:55pm On Jun 27, 2011
^^Nigeria is referred to as the "giant of Africa" because of its population nothing else
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by Araboy(m): 2:00pm On Jun 27, 2011
I know that but they think they are the  giant number one in everything not only population wise i hope you get it
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by MeandSum: 2:06pm On Jun 27, 2011
basically the giant in BS and uselessness smiley
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by faithin9ja: 2:07pm On Jun 27, 2011
I am shocked to see how Nigeria continues to wallow in ignorance, Nairaland which has thousands of young tech savvy Nigerians as patrons still continue to have time for this shallow, chauvinistic, archaic, relic of 1950's colonialism to still support beauty contests instead of condemning beauty contests, we make it worse by displaying our tribalism and almost borderline on some kind of perverse racism in condemning or making silly comments on where the  so-called beauty queens are from, why does Igbo represent xx xx state and so on.

Beauty contests are no longer popular in any progressive country, when last did you hear of Miss World or Miss Universe on any mainstream news media CNN, BBC, Al-Jazzera, even France 24 (the home of chic). Those of you who follow all things fashion and entertainment - tell me who is the current Miss World or Miss Universe?

The world has moved on. Yes, we appreciate beautiful women, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, we don't need women to walk around on stage to be judged by a panel of people we don't know, using parameters we can't define as to who is the finest girl in their opinion. These contests are held in second rate venues, in countries that are not really famous for progression or development (I personally define these as any country Nigerians don't clamor for visa)

I want to see beautiful doctors, engineers, IT professionals, entrepreneurs, home makers, agro - economists, etc not merely famous for being pretty on a stage.

These beauty queens, can't sing, can't dance, can't act, can't perform magic, are not comedians, so why on earth do we pay to go and watch them?

before some of you point to Naomi Campbell and other super models, personally I don't rate super models either, but at least they have a semblance of a job, they wear clothes which other people design and we are suppose to see them wear before we then buy the clothes they are modeling. Rubbish in my view but still better than being famous for being considered the finest girl in a parade of 34 other girls.

grow up Nigeria
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by Nayah(f): 2:18pm On Jun 27, 2011
Faithing sorry but you can't blame people who watch or accept beauty pageant. Even in Mauritania which is an Islamic Republic has this event
As for "progressive country" as you've just said the most powerful country still organise it and has main shares on Miss Universe contest, so I think you can have your opnion but not blame the others
Don't tell me you don't know beautiful Nigerian chairman or lawyer I wouldn't believe you

Try to accept others' opinions and be quite aware it's not because you have an opinion on beauty pageant that you're superficial
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by faithin9ja: 2:36pm On Jun 27, 2011
@Nayah

My point exactly, Miss Universe Organisation which is part owned by the flamboyant Donald Trump gets very little airtime on US media - you can't compare this to American Idol, big brother, America's got talent or any other mainstream popular culture event. Beauty contests don fade,

There are too many clever professional Nigerian and black women in the world, I and most of the world don't need to see them prancing around on stage to make a judgement or assessment. how many ex-beauty queens make it in other spheres of life?

I would more impressed if Ms Taraba played tennis against Serena Williams to achieve fame rather than expecting to be invited to the same parties as Serena because she is Ms Nigeria.

i beg, yes we can all chose our own forms of entertainment but this particular form of entertainment just does not help the advancement of females in Nigeria.
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by romeo(m): 2:42pm On Jun 27, 2011
MeandSum:

My sentiments exactly! All of a sudden we want to start competing with the white man to know who is whiter.
Our brothers from the east always find ways to make everything a superiority contest and then shout "one Nigeria" when it is expedient.

Did you even care why he wrote that? Or you so badly wanted to talk about "your brothers from the East" so quick,

His response (which was just 2 posts down the one you qouted):

Obiagu1:

There's no aversion, don't get me wrong. Igbos are not often too dark, we are not Sudanese, we are mostly fair, brown, to dark brown. Even in the East, we call those that are too dark "blackie" and those that are too fair "yellow/Oyibo" but the proportion of those "blackie" are way too low.

Miss Taraba's colour makes her look missed, half Igbo/half Idoma, due to her shiny black tone.
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by ZnO: 2:43pm On Jun 27, 2011
Dede1
Miss Lagos is Cross Riverian. Do some goggling with her name
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by Nayah(f): 2:45pm On Jun 27, 2011
Fatihing it depends on what you use this price for, some have started by this kind of contest to emerge as comedian, journalist or something else again don't blame people so toughly cause you we all care about our country even I'm not Nigerian I care about it because they are my brothers
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by Nayah(f): 2:48pm On Jun 27, 2011
To my brothers, these tribal arguments don't show off a good image of Nigeria, this Miss in the MBGN and noy MBIG ( Most Beautiful iGBO Girl) try to overcome these useless questions
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by foyeks2001(f): 2:48pm On Jun 27, 2011
Igbos r beautiful right, someone compared Turai with Patience, immediately someone replied and said Patience is not Igbo, ok then

the prettiest amongst these women,
Lagos State Governor's wife with Abia State Governor's wife
Osun State with Imo State
Ogun State with Ebonyi State
Ondo State with Anambra State
Ekiti State with Ebonyi

Lets see who wins then

We yoruba, we ve got cultures, traditions, beliefs, norms and values
Yoruba parents doesnt believe in their daughters exposing, advertising or selling her body to d public just because of d monetary value attached to it, they believe in hardwork, thats y u cannot compare the percentage of Igbo ladies prostitutes to yoruba prostitutes, the Igbo ladies have it since their parents are always after money , dont wanna care where he/she gets the money from,
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by MMM2(m): 2:50pm On Jun 27, 2011
i must fu-ck sylvia nduka miss taraba. wink
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by foyeks2001(f): 2:58pm On Jun 27, 2011
@M M M
ofcourse u can, if u ve got the money,
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by Nayah(f): 3:00pm On Jun 27, 2011
Foyeks2001 please my sister leave this argue, I beg.
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by romeo(m): 3:05pm On Jun 27, 2011
faithin9ja:

@Nayah

My point exactly, Miss Universe Organisation which is part owned by the flamboyant Donald Trump gets very little airtime on US media - you can't compare this to American Idol, big brother, America's got talent or any other mainstream popular culture event. Beauty contests don fade,

There are too many clever professional Nigerian and black women in the world, I and most of the world don't need to see them prancing around on stage to make a judgement or assessment. how many ex-beauty queens make it in other spheres of life?

I would more impressed if Ms Taraba played tennis against Serena Williams to achieve fame rather than expecting to be invited to the same parties as Serena because she is Ms Nigeria.

i beg,  yes we can all chose our own forms of entertainment but this particular form of entertainment just does not help the advancement of females in Nigeria.

There is a show for men too, it's called Mister Nigeria!! Everything should not be dragged into feminism for one to feel good.

It's funny that you hate (female) pageant shows but thinks that big brother is a fantastic show. Every year the winner of miss universe is announced to the whole world through the media, I don't need CNN or BBC to tell me somebody just won Miss Universe, 90% TV channels world over do talk about it, not everybody has access to CNN or your France 24 and not even everybody understand English most of these channels use as default language.

You think it's OK to be Naomi or Oluchi because they put on clothes made by people, that's a pathetic line of thinking. The world don't revolve around being a doctor or IT professional alone, some people can with all due respect act Po.rn movies and get the IT people and Docs entertained. People choose the way they want to live, they don't need appoval from your likes to do that.

Getting a University degree is not the end of the world, people can do other things and it includes modelling
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by romeo(m): 3:08pm On Jun 27, 2011
foyeks2001:

Igbos r beautiful right, someone compared Turai with Patience, immediately someone replied and said Patience is not Igbo, ok then

Ekiti State with Ebonyi

Lets see who wins then

Yoruba parents doesnt believe in their daughters exposing, advertising or selling her body to d public just because of d monetary value attached to it, they believe in hardwork, thats y u cannot compare the percentage of Igbo ladies LovePeddlers to yoruba LovePeddlers, the Igbo ladies have it since their parents are always after money , dont wanna care where he/she gets the money from,

How old are you? You sound so kindergarten.
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by foyeks2001(f): 3:09pm On Jun 27, 2011
@Nayah,
I got pissed off with some Igbo peeps in here mentioning yoruba girls,
I myself dont even like attacking a tribe, am a detribalized Nigerian
pls if u r Igbo, try and caution your peeps, they started it

maybe the MOD shud remove this from the front page and take it to tribalism section
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by foyeks2001(f): 3:11pm On Jun 27, 2011
romeo:

How old are you? You sound so kindergarten.

if u care to know, I was given birth to some couple of hours back
mssscchhhheeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww,, rubbsih
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by Nayah(f): 3:14pm On Jun 27, 2011
Foyeks my dear, no I'm not an Igbo girl neither a yoruba just a African sister, you know Africa has already many issues to handle so that you people should avoid this kind of this useless argue

Omotola is a beautiful woman and she's a yoruba
Gene is also a beautiful woman she'q a Igbo
Hausas and Edo or Benin have also stunning creatures

That's Nigeria think Nigeria and only Nigeria my sister
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by faithin9ja: 3:20pm On Jun 27, 2011
@Romeo

Please read my post carefully.

The majority of the mass media in the world do not carry results of Miss Universe or Miss World, not CNN, not BBc, Al-Jazerra, not even France 24. Miss Universe is now an obscure competition held by second rate organisations. 90% of news organisations in the world do not carry results of beauty contests.

I compared beauty pageant to Big Brother and other mainstream events I did not say I like them but in truth these are more popular around the world.

Read my post carefully, I said modelling is rubbish; but is still better than beauty contests

Mr Nigeria is crap!!!! I don't want my son to be famous for being Mr Nigeria, I want him to be famous for being a good footballer, entertainer or scientist. Not famous for being handsome.

By the way I am full bloodied male; I am not a feminist - I looove beautiful women and pay good money to be in their company BUT beauty contests are just boring.
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by romeo(m): 3:30pm On Jun 27, 2011
What kind of mentality is this? One cannot write the word "po.rn" here. Naija and IT age lol
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by namfav(m): 3:33pm On Jun 27, 2011
mbgn should only be for the southern states, it doesn't make sense to have it in the north if our people don't participate , also people born in their states should represent their states, not flock to the north for registration to take advantage of the fact that northerners don't participate

its fair and transparent that way
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by Nayah(f): 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2011
Oh Namfam if my children were born in the North and have always lived there, one of them couldn't have the choice to be registrated out there?
That's really scares me
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 27, 2011
foyeks2001:

Ekiti State with Ebonyi

Lets see who wins then

Yoruba parents doesnt believe in their daughters exposing, advertising or selling her body to d public just because of d monetary value attached to it, they believe in hardwork, thats y u cannot compare the percentage of Igbo ladies LovePeddlers to yoruba LovePeddlers, the Igbo ladies have it since their parents are always after money , dont wanna care where he/she gets the money from,

useless tribalist. yoruba parents dosent believe in their daughter exposing or sellin her body? eeeddiiot. inferiority complex dey worry u.what class r U̶̲̥̅̊? Jss 2?
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by aljharem3: 3:41pm On Jun 27, 2011
namfav:

mbgn should only be for the southern states, it doesn't make sense to have it in the north if our people don't participate , also people born in their states should represent their states, not flock to the north for registration to take advantage of the fact that northerners don't participate

its fair and transparent that way

gbamm
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by ronkebp(f): 3:47pm On Jun 27, 2011
I don't think it matters on the tribe representing Nigeria, as far as they are not from another country, '.One nigeria', remember!!!, and also, i see it as childish, if just because only the ibos' are the one participating and they are termed'most beautiful' in the country by some nairalanders, common now, wake up, have you been to the north? see beautiful hausa chicks and fulanis', and the yoruba's don't really believe in pageants, they prefer education.
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by ZnO: 3:50pm On Jun 27, 2011
ronkebp:

I don't think it matters on the tribe representing Nigeria, as far as they are not from another country, '.One nigeria', remember!!!, and also, i see it as childish, if just because only the ibos' are the one participating and they are termed'most beautiful' in the country by some nairalanders, common now, wake up, have you been to the north? see beautiful hausa chicks and fulanis', and the yoruba's don't really believe in pageants, they prefer education.

And igbos do not prefer education? Is there any of the contestant who is not an undergraduate/graduate? Talk about excuse. Are Yoruba girls not among the contestants? I know if you had won, the story will be different. Mind you beauty pageants is not all about facial beauty; intelligence is required to correctly answer the delicate questions they are asked.
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by btyfulmnd(m): 3:52pm On Jun 27, 2011
ronkebp:

Thank you, it is just that the fulani's/hausa's dont believe in pageants because if they do, i can assure you that there will be no match. "who wan try them"
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by ZnO: 4:00pm On Jun 27, 2011
btyfulmnd:

Thank you, it is just that the fulani's/hausa's dont believe in pageants because if they do, i can assure you that there will be no match. "who wan try them"

They go fit answer questions for the pageant? Hahahahh!
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by Nayah(f): 4:01pm On Jun 27, 2011
I don't understand, hey brothers if you people think some are superiority complex so be smarter and don't respond to some "provocations" answering them means you give them a chance to challenge you.
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by blosomy(f): 4:05pm On Jun 27, 2011
I did not watch oh! but someone sure thinks the event was not top notch at all.
What do yo guys think!

http://blcompere..com/2011/06/mbgn-2011-my-hate-my-love.html

I still dey here!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Beauty Queen Yvette Meurer & Ebony Hair Ambassador Stuns In New Photos With Dogs / Sani Idris 'Moda' Debunks Death Rumor, Says "I'm Still Alive" (Photos) / Bbnaija: Anto Looking Gorgeous In New Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.