Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,084 members, 7,880,382 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:13 PM

Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? (16895 Views)

I Released My House Document To My Cousin To Obtain Loan, How Can I Get It Back? / How Much Can I Sell This Snake I Killed In My Hustle Today ? / Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by ignis: 11:59am On Feb 21, 2022
What is the current worth of the house?

Howmuch do you want to sell the house?

1 Like

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by Danny50: 11:59am On Feb 21, 2022
Depend on the kind of business you're venturing into

1 Like

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by Antoeni(m): 11:59am On Feb 21, 2022
Please Just GO AHEAD, YOU Don't Need to Ask or Seek Anyone's consent

4 Likes

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by delzbaba(m): 12:00pm On Feb 21, 2022
so you will go from landlord to tenant? if you are sure about the business ,why not use the house as collateral for a loan.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by Funflipper: 12:00pm On Feb 21, 2022
That is not a good move.
Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by Baawaa(m): 12:01pm On Feb 21, 2022
It is not advisable to sell your house
Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by badbreathcure101: 12:01pm On Feb 21, 2022
olukaygold:

For clarity sake, cos of building a house is skyrocking everyday,If you sell that house today,you go need double or more amounts to build another one tomorrow. House is an investment that doesn't depreciate,im giving advice based on my experience cos I was once about to sell my house at a ridiculous price around 2020 when things were not moving well for me but I didn't later get a buyer,I later finished the house last year and rent it out around 400k last year,this year now,that apartment alone is 600k. So pls don't sell your property to start a business,You go regret am later.look for business money else where...this business you're about to ventured into now,you don't know how the future go be,it never get stability. No start wetin go give you sleepless night and depression ooo
and who will rent your apartment for 600k if not ritualist yahoo boys. We know una type, increase the rent to make it unaffordable for legit workers.

5 Likes

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by hosemujica: 12:02pm On Feb 21, 2022
Guy business no de smile o, keep your house and source for capital elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by Mrkumareze(m): 12:02pm On Feb 21, 2022
Your village people dey one side dey throw native chalk to the sun shocked

4 Likes

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by Acidosis(m): 12:02pm On Feb 21, 2022
olukaygold:

For clarity sake, cos of building a house is skyrocking everyday,If you sell that house today,you go need double or more amounts to build another one tomorrow. House is an investment that doesn't depreciate,im giving advice based on my experience cos I was once about to sell my house at a ridiculous price around 2020 when things were not moving well for me but I didn't later get a buyer,I later finished the house last year and rent it out around 400k last year,this year now,that apartment alone is 600k. So pls don't sell your property to start a business,You go regret am later.look for business money else where...this business you're about to ventured into now,you don't know how the future go be,it never get stability. No start wetin go give you sleepless night and depression ooo

How and why did you increase rent from 400 to 600k within a year?

Don't allow greed set in. Today's inflation rate does not affect the cost of blocks you bought 10 years ago.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by Mariangeles(f): 12:02pm On Feb 21, 2022
POSmecrhant:
I have a self contained Flat that's giving me 165k every year. But I want to sell the place to invest in business that will give me 120k to 150k every month, because I'm married now, responsiblites will spring up. and dont want to depend fully on 180k salary.

Could this be good or bad idea?

Selling off the house will be like killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by Dukeolumidemans(m): 12:03pm On Feb 21, 2022
Nope

1 Like

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by midehi2(f): 12:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
olukaygold:

Not even business, in this present country undecided best advice to him

2 Likes

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by Wealthoptulent(m): 12:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
POSmecrhant:
I have a self contained Flat that's giving me 165k every year. But I want to sell the place to invest in business that will give me 120k to 150k every month, because I'm married now, responsiblites will spring up. and dont want to depend fully on 180k salary.

To me, don't sell one investment to fund another! U yet to know out come.. btw if that new one is ROI bro u loosing 2 ways. Struggle more n raise fund fr new project. Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by tnerro1(m): 12:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
If it’s your one and only investment, don’t sell it. You will need something to fall back on Incase of anything

1 Like

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by Kobicove(m): 12:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
POSmecrhant:

I hope you're the one who is going to manage the new business yourself undecided

2 Likes

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by ebuka440: 12:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
With the way things are going on in the zoo right now, I will suggest you leaving that house alone. Be careful so as not to lose your inheritance to some business which you are not even sure if it's going to yield you this amount of money that you just mentioned.
The price of cement is skyrocketing including blocks and other materials for building a house

1 Like

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by Rubbiish(m): 12:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
olukaygold:

This is a very good advice
@ POSmecrhant I think u should go with this!
I am currently building & I am seriously regretting postponing certain things I should have done last year on my building project. Everything about prices of building materials have tripled!

5 Likes

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by Skillsnigeria: 12:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
grin yeah
Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by Pholadime(m): 12:05pm On Feb 21, 2022
If you've done your market survey very well and knows the business entity well enough you can proceed but 9ja isn't a place where you can just let go off your landed property especially if it's in an Urban area like Lagos.
Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by heniford2: 12:05pm On Feb 21, 2022
POSmecrhant:

dude never sell your house oh! And never collect Loan from bank using your house as C.O on it ask your friends for help, please do not sell ur house at this particular time u will regret it in future

1 Like

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by tellwisdom: 12:05pm On Feb 21, 2022
House renting is never an investment. It’s just a waste of resources.Why do I have to wait for 365 days to get 165k when I have daily needs to cover?

Some daily needs alone is morethan the 165k you are waiting in a year to reap. Oboy, u better know what u are doing.

1 Like

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by Kobicove(m): 12:06pm On Feb 21, 2022
Acidosis:

How and why did you increase rent from 400 to 600k within a year?

Don't allow greed set in. Today's inflation rate does not affect the cost of blocks you bought 10 years ago.

So because of that he should be collecting the same rent for 10 years.

You, what is stopping you from telling your employer to pay you the same salary for 10 years? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by zoroby(m): 12:06pm On Feb 21, 2022
POSmecrhant:

Omoh don't try it
Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by chiedu7: 12:07pm On Feb 21, 2022
POSmecrhant:

Take out a loan using ur house as collateral instead, that way u can still get ur house back
Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by midehi2(f): 12:07pm On Feb 21, 2022
POSmecrhant:

Please, are you okay

In this present Nigeria

Get source elsewhere if you are so sure of the business, get from bank
Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 21, 2022
A fraudster has brainwashed the OP's brain.E no go pass Ponzi scheme or crypto-fraud.Them do jazz you.
Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by mfm04622: 12:08pm On Feb 21, 2022
If you have not started the business before, don't sell the house to start the business. Instead, look for money elsewhere or get a loan. If you have started the business and looking for funds to expand it, in that case you can sell the house.

Business no easy like that oooo

1 Like

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by badbreathcure101: 12:08pm On Feb 21, 2022
I gave my dad more than 2m to support his residential building. Even though they are living inside already there's still more money to be spent on it.. perimeter fencing painting, compound flooring etc. See building a house should come after your business has been fully set up otherwise it's much profitable living in rental while building your empire.

Even the bible said so "prepare your business afterwards build your house" and not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by midehi2(f): 12:08pm On Feb 21, 2022
chiedu7:

Take out a loan using ur house as collateral instead, that way u can still get ur house back

Gbam, that is if he's so sure of the business o

1 Like

Re: Can I Sell My House To Invest In Business ? by Hdhdhd(m): 12:09pm On Feb 21, 2022
Sell your house then perch on a tree and do your business

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CBN Pumps Fresh $80m To FX Market For School Fees, PTA / 16 Transaction Types Exempted From CBN’s Cybersecurity Levy / Top 5 Causes Of Business Failure And How To Avoid Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.