Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,360 members, 7,974,497 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 06:15 AM

My Journey To Kwara Yikpata Camp (2020 Batch B)(final Part) - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Journey To Kwara Yikpata Camp (2020 Batch B)(final Part) (806 Views)

Female Imo Corper Dies In Accident On Her Way To Kwara On Relocation / My Journey To Yikpata Camp, Kwara State (2020 Batch B)part 1 / My Experience At The NYSC Camp, Yikpata, Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Journey To Kwara Yikpata Camp (2020 Batch B)(final Part) by Zainabhamzat20(f): 1:20pm On Feb 22, 2022
The second day I woke up as early as 3am in the morning because I don't know when they will come again and I like been prepared. So I bathed and started dressing , I ate my chin chin and laid down for a bit and later woke up to pray and we headed out ( At first I didn't know that Muslims are not forced to go to parade ground by 5, they are excused to go to the mosque and later join the others at the parade ground) so I rushed my prayer) and after the morning meditation, then training and then back to the hostel ,queue for breakfast and finally resting for a few mins b4 we will be called for lecture which lasted for a long time and sleep was just punishing me it wasn't easy. By the time we went for afternoon parade after all the training my shoe was so dirty and not just dusty o . I washed the shoe the night b4 but it didn't dry well so it had stains. That was when I realized camp is not for fashion, if only I had listened to my mum and bought white rubber shoe. Omo I immediately located mammy market and I got my self rubber shoe with pride and peace of mind. I can't come and kee myself, Lol. We went on and on like this for the remaining days and at the beginning it felt like hell , I almost fell sick and then later I adjusted to the system. All my powder and lipstick were just there, no time to makeup because I always felt discouraged because we go still dey under hot sun so I joined the natural face geng ooo through out except on Fridays. Finally the last day at yikpata camp, early in the morning I took my bags to the mosque with the help of a new friend I met in camp and we went for breakfast then returned mattress and then headed to the parade ground but unfortunately no parade even though we were made to practice like no tomorrow. Finally the moment I have been waiting for, sharing of posting letters and when I collected mine I was posted to a remote village osi in ekiti LGA of kwara state ( wasn't easy but I met some amazing nice people there) I went back to the mosque and packed my stuffs but unfortunately someone stole 1 of my jungle boot which was big 40 and left 1 small 40 for me. I just had to manage it because every body eye dey red and people were hurrying to catch up with various buses heading to their destinations.so I finally got my bus and I waved yikpata camp a Good bye as that was the end of my orientation exercise. Glory to God .I Thank God for his grace, blessings, protection and mercy throughout my service year... To the new corpers and pcms I wish u all the best, One Love. Muaaah. cool wink smiley cheesy kiss

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Kwara Yikpata Camp (2020 Batch B)(final Part) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 22, 2022
I also served there....I must admit that yikpata is like a prison especially for me....I couldn't go to toilet for like 10 days because of the dirty toilet until they brought Mobil toilet,,,no chair to sit on when going for Saeed lectures....so terrible

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Kwara Yikpata Camp (2020 Batch B)(final Part) by Zainabhamzat20(f): 2:27pm On Feb 22, 2022
teejaymoremoney:
I also served there....I must admit that yikpata is like a prison especially for me....I couldn't go to toilet for like 10 days because of the dirty toilet until they brought Mobil toilet,,,no chair to sit on when going for Saeed lectures....so terrible
It not easy at all but the female toilet is manageable.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Kwara Yikpata Camp (2020 Batch B)(final Part) by Zainabhamzat20(f): 2:48pm On Feb 22, 2022
teejaymoremoney:
I couldn't go to toilet in the beginning too but not that it dirty the reason was because of the swallow they serve us with little soup and am a soup person so I couldn't go to toilet for days I had to drink lots of oranges and lots of water before I managed to go to toilet for Thug of war grin
Re: My Journey To Kwara Yikpata Camp (2020 Batch B)(final Part) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 22, 2022
Zainabhamzat20:
I couldn't go to toilet in the beginning too but not that it dirty the reason was because of the swallow they serve us with little soup and am a soup person so I couldn't go to toilet for days I had to drink lots of oranges and lots of water before I managed to go to toilet for Thug of war grin

Lol....I had to keep holding it o...even bush is not advisible,,mehn everywhere was just smelling..that camp should be renovated

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Kwara Yikpata Camp (2020 Batch B)(final Part) by Zainabhamzat20(f): 5:08pm On Feb 22, 2022
teejaymoremoney:

Lol....I had to keep holding it o...even bush is not advisible,,mehn everywhere was just smelling..that camp should be renovated
Abi ooo smiley smiley smiley
Re: My Journey To Kwara Yikpata Camp (2020 Batch B)(final Part) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 22, 2022
Zainabhamzat20:
Abi ooo smiley smiley smiley

I will like to know you better....ar u still serving in kwara?
Re: My Journey To Kwara Yikpata Camp (2020 Batch B)(final Part) by Zainabhamzat20(f): 10:16pm On Feb 22, 2022
teejaymoremoney:

I will like to know you better....ar u still serving in kwara?
No am done since last year and u?
Re: My Journey To Kwara Yikpata Camp (2020 Batch B)(final Part) by Nobody: 5:17am On Feb 23, 2022
Zainabhamzat20:

I served 5years ago....if u don't mind I will like to have your number
Re: My Journey To Kwara Yikpata Camp (2020 Batch B)(final Part) by Mrxawe: 6:24am On Feb 23, 2022
Zainabhamzat20:
Don't give that small boy teejaymoremoney your number ..

Na person wey him go fvck he dey find. Don't make the mistake of giving him your number.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Kwara Yikpata Camp (2020 Batch B)(final Part) by Nobody: 7:48am On Feb 23, 2022
Mrxawe:

Na person wey him go fvck he dey find. Don't make the mistake of giving him your number.

Funny...see hw u reason like a secondary schl guy....not everything is fvck,,be reasonable
Re: My Journey To Kwara Yikpata Camp (2020 Batch B)(final Part) by Mrxawe: 8:13am On Feb 23, 2022
teejaymoremoney:

Funny...see hw u reason like a secondary schl guy....not everything is fvck,,be reasonable
My friend keep quiet. You dey beg girl for number weytin go end am.. abi na word of gospel you wan dey discuss?
Re: My Journey To Kwara Yikpata Camp (2020 Batch B)(final Part) by Nobody: 8:29am On Feb 23, 2022
Mrxawe:

My friend keep quiet. You dey beg girl for number weytin go end am.. abi na word of gospel you wan dey discuss?

I don't knw why u carry another person matter on ur head....I no get ur time small boy
Re: My Journey To Kwara Yikpata Camp (2020 Batch B)(final Part) by Zainabhamzat20(f): 10:42am On Feb 23, 2022
Mrxawe:

No Problem, Thanks. I actually didn't have the intention to just here to share my camp experience. Thanks again
Re: My Journey To Kwara Yikpata Camp (2020 Batch B)(final Part) by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 23, 2022
Zainabhamzat20:
No Problem, Thanks. I actually didn't have the intention to just here to share my camp experience. Thanks again

What if am a blessing to u...na so d guy go discourage u..lol
Re: My Journey To Kwara Yikpata Camp (2020 Batch B)(final Part) by Mrxawe: 8:31pm On Feb 23, 2022
teejaymoremoney:

I don't knw why u carry another person matter on ur head....I no get ur time small boy
Na your papa superior you dey call small boy?
See him name sef TJ more money..na small small pikin wey never see life dey use names like femi slim cash, ebuka dollarz, tunde cash or tcash, ope naira.

Oponu nie jare.
Re: My Journey To Kwara Yikpata Camp (2020 Batch B)(final Part) by Mrxawe: 8:35pm On Feb 23, 2022
Zainabhamzat20:
With the way things are going on in this country, he might even be a ritualist sef. Please stay away from him.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Kwara Yikpata Camp (2020 Batch B)(final Part) by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 23, 2022
Mrxawe:

Na your papa superior you dey call small boy?
See him name sef TJ more money..na small small pikin wey never see life dey use names like femi slim cash, ebuka dollarz, tunde cash or tcash, ope naira.

Oponu nie jare.

So because of my name u wan die...lol...u ar a frustrated human being,,I don't expect nothing less

(1) (Reply)

Corpers In Enugu / NYSC 2012 Batch A Passing-out Parade Tomorrow: How Are You Preparing For It? / Abuja lets meet here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.