Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,836 members, 7,959,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 10:46 PM

14% Of Women Raped In Workplaces—Research. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 14% Of Women Raped In Workplaces—Research. (843 Views)

Dog Tied Up And Gang Raped In South Africa (Photo) / Woman Robbed And Raped In Lekki By Facebook Lover And Friends. Photo / Married Woman Gang Raped In Front Of Her Husband In Cross River State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

14% Of Women Raped In Workplaces—Research. by Tomek09(m): 9:21pm On Feb 22, 2022
About 91 per cent of cases of sexual harassment in workplaces faced by women were being perpetrated by their bosses and superiors, a research by a civil rights organization under the aegis of HEIR Women Development Initiative, has revealed.

HEIR Women Development is a social enterprise born out of the need to see young women take on more decision making position and venture into leadership opportunities.

The organization also said that while three in four (74 per cent) of the women have experienced online stalking, 68 per cent attest to receiving persistent emails, sexual invitations with 81 per cent confirming that this sexual harassment had been rife.

These were the findings of “Carrier barriers and workplace sexual harassment against young women in Nigeria: Research validation meeting and extract on the Federal Character Territory”, carried out by HEIR WDI with support from Ford Foundation.

The report of the research which was signed by the Programme Officer of HEIR Women Development, Blessing Ejeh, was obtained by Journalists in Abuja on Friday.

According to the research, while 14 per cent of the respondent’s revealed that “they have been raped at workplaces”, only 33 per cent of organizations were concerned about protecting women’s rights even as 68 per cent lack gender responsiveness in their organizations.

The report said, “Three in five women (57 per cent) have experienced physical sexual harassment which respondents reported in form of unwelcomed touching, deliberate pinching among others. 14 per cent of the respondent’s revealed that they have been raped at work. The major perpetrators of sexual harassment at work are seen to be bosses or superior as 91 per cent reported.

“Also, three in 4 (74 per cent) of these women have experienced online stalking while 68 per cent attest to receiving persistent emails, invitations sexual nature with 81 per cent confirming that this sexual harassment is being often.”

The CSO said 68 per cent of the respondents reported a lack of gender responsiveness in their organization because the Human Resources Department is often charged with the responsibility for drafting protective policies on sexual harassment.

“However, their goal is to protect the interest of bosses to the detriment of other staff”, the report revealed.

The research said, “Despite these scary statistics, just 49 per cent of the respondents consider their workspace to be unsafe which is a clear indication of the low awareness among these women of what sexual harassment entails and its dangers.”

https://thesource.com.ng/2022/02/18/14-of-women-raped-in-workplaces-research/

1 Share

Re: 14% Of Women Raped In Workplaces—Research. by rickpat(m): 9:22pm On Feb 22, 2022
really strange
Re: 14% Of Women Raped In Workplaces—Research. by immortalcrown(m): 9:23pm On Feb 22, 2022
It is believable. Many women have suffered successful or failed rape. Though, some women call mutually-induced sex rape. However, the world should admit that women are complicit in most rape cases. But rape has no justification.

The world should also acknowledge that men face sexual harassment more than women do. The number of men a single woman uses fashion to sexually harass in a single day is higher than the number of women a man sexually harasses in a whole month. But whatever affects men most is often trivialized or even denied in today's world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 14% Of Women Raped In Workplaces—Research. by Tomek09(m): 9:31pm On Feb 22, 2022
immortalcrown:
It is believable. Also, the world should admit that[b] women are complicit in most rape cases[/b]. But rape has no justification.
Interesting.
Re: 14% Of Women Raped In Workplaces—Research. by Tomek09(m): 9:38pm On Feb 22, 2022
immortalcrown:
It is believable. Many women have suffered successful or failed rape. Though, some women call mutually-induced sex rape. However, the world should admit that women are complicit in most rape cases. But rape has no justification.

The world should also acknowledge that men face sexual harassment more than women do. The number of men a single woman uses fashion to sexually harass in a single day is higher than the number of women a man sexually harasses in a whole month. But whatever affects men most is often trivialized or even denied in today's world.
The society expects you to be a man in everything. So ur pains or whatever you are passing through doesn't matter and won't attract sympathy of any sort. The masculinity in you must be shown in all life circumstances. Sad reality cry embarassed cry
Re: 14% Of Women Raped In Workplaces—Research. by immortalcrown(m): 9:40pm On Feb 22, 2022
Tomek09:
What do you mean by @ the bolded??
Over 90% of women that have suffered rape played a part in the rape by consciously going to wrong places, choosing to be with bad boys and using fashion to arouse mad men. But nothing justifies rape. No matter the silly things women do that consequently cause rape, rape is very bad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14% Of Women Raped In Workplaces—Research. by Tomek09(m): 9:51pm On Feb 22, 2022
immortalcrown:

Over 90% of women that have suffered rape played a part in the rape by consciously going to wrong places, choosing to be with bad boys and using fashion to arouse mad men. But nothing justifies rape. No matter the silly things women do that consequently cause rape, rape is very bad.
I agree with you.

This fashion arousing is getting worrisome in most cities like Lagos, Ibadan, Abuja, Enugu and PH.

It remains small let Naija girls start coming outside with panties and bra only.

What they put on these days can trigger an innocent mind to lose focus and lust after them.

Most of them wear skimpy skirts showing their black or white tights and curves and call it fashion.

Some will intentionally put on those provocative wears and visit a boy she met online or in the neighbourhood & expect the boy to take NO for an answer. The boy will out of not missing such a limited opportunity and rape her.

I just don't know what it's wrong with Nigerian ladies. They're really complicit in all these issues.

The latest one in their fashion madness nowadays is showing curves and inner wears.......check all of them out, you must see their pant lines.

I don't know why they are doing this in a world they're co-existing with males.

It's very worrisome really.
Re: 14% Of Women Raped In Workplaces—Research. by immortalcrown(m): 10:08pm On Feb 22, 2022
Tomek09:
...check all of them out, you must see their pant lines. I don't know why they are doing this in a world they're co-existing with males.
Aiding and abating are in their nature. When they say no to sex and you leave them, they will get angry and say they expect you to apply force to show you are serious. But when you apply the force, they will pride in it and say you laid them without their consent. I advise men to control their sexual urges till marriage. They use fashion to reveal their sensitive parts to possibly get the attention of men that ignore them. But most of the men that already want them are rejected and tagged womanizers.

Anyways, I thank God for my life. Their madness of fashion does not seduce me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 14% Of Women Raped In Workplaces—Research. by adeyemi16f: 12:08am On Feb 23, 2022
sad
Re: 14% Of Women Raped In Workplaces—Research. by godliman: 1:58pm On Feb 23, 2022
immortalcrown:

Aiding and abating are in their nature. When they say no to sex and you leave them, they will get angry and say they expect you to apply force to show you are serious. But when you apply the force, they will pride in it and say you laid them without their consent. I advise men to control their sexual urges till marriage. They use fashion to reveal their sensitive parts to possibly get the attention of men that ignore them. But most of the men that already want them are rejected and tagged womanizers.

Anyways, I thank God for my life. Their madness of fashion does not seduce me.
You are making sense here bros. Devil full women head no bi small. But I hate true rapists, they should be jailed like armed robbers.
Re: 14% Of Women Raped In Workplaces—Research. by Candidlady: 2:21pm On Feb 23, 2022
immortalcrown:

@bolded
You have my respect

Listen to dance with the devil by immortal technique

godliman:

You are making sense here bros. Devil full women head no bi small. But I hate true rapists, they should be jailed like armed robbers.

You are wrong. Devil full erbody
Re: 14% Of Women Raped In Workplaces—Research. by godliman: 2:26pm On Feb 23, 2022
Candidlady:

@bolded
You have my respect

Listen to dance with the devil by immortal technique

You are wrong. Devil full erbody
Yes but women is raise to power 7. If all women should dress decently rape cases will not end but it will surely reduce

1 Like

Re: 14% Of Women Raped In Workplaces—Research. by Candidlady: 2:30pm On Feb 23, 2022
godliman:

Yes but women is raise to power 7. If all women should dress decently rape cases will not end but it will surely reduce

Really so only women that ain't dressed decently get raped?

What is indecent dressing sef!?!

Please don't sound like a rape apologist
Re: 14% Of Women Raped In Workplaces—Research. by GeneralPula: 5:47pm On Feb 23, 2022
65% of men are being assault sexually at work place - Research..

There’s never gonna be a solution to rape if the society keeps talking about female rape and ignoring male rape..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 14% Of Women Raped In Workplaces—Research. by FuckDModz: 6:52pm On Feb 23, 2022
In Nigeria, about 93% of female office workers are prostitutes. Apart from teachers, most of them would rather fvck their superiors to get ahead instead of working hard as their male counterparts.

When the so-called superior fails to promote them after consistent dxck sucking, they turn around and scream rape.

1 Like

Re: 14% Of Women Raped In Workplaces—Research. by godliman: 7:54pm On Feb 23, 2022
Candidlady:

Really so only women that ain't dressed decently get raped?

What is indecent dressing sef!?!

Please don't sound like a rape apologist
You know deep down in your heart that I am not except if you didn't read my previous post. But truth be told, women contribute to this. There are monsters on both sides of the divide. Women are hypocrites however in not speaking out against the Evil in their camp

(1) (Reply)

Lady Calls Out Old Man Who Sexually Harassed Her In A Taxi In Abuja | VIDEO / 59-year-old Man Arrested For Allegedly #raping His Neighbour's 18-month-old Baby / What Would Ig Of Police Do To These Patrol Team? (a Must Watch Video+details)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.