Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,699 members, 7,882,387 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 12:21 AM

Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends (14489 Views)

Situations You Can Remain Friends With Your Ex / What Are The Reasons For Them Choosing To Remain Friends / Can We Remain Friends? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by koyaabj: 9:17am On Jun 28, 2011
Realy, old fire wood easy to burn.
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by zenus(m): 9:45am On Jun 28, 2011
I think there is no wrong doing that
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by Adeniki(f): 10:03am On Jun 28, 2011
I think that they can, but I don't think that it can happen overnight. When my bf and I split, we didn't speak for 3 years. It was only when we got stuck in an Eiscafe in Germany together (long story, wrong place for it here!) that we had to start talking again and started over from a fresh foundation. I think you need a clean break and a chance to move on before you can be friends. You will change into different people over time, and that characteristics that attracted you in the first place you may no longer find attractive, or they may no longer display. We are good enough friends now that he has invited me to his wedding next month. I think that this is the only way,

That said, if my prince and I got together and then he broke up with me, I know that I would want to still be friends straight off.
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by faceurbook: 10:48am On Jun 28, 2011
how dat fit be? Anyone way commit incest with im broda or sister, no go fit see am again as im sibling. A line has been crossed, so the view of each other.
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by duduspace(m): 11:27am On Jun 28, 2011
Why not?  undecided all things are possible to them that believe.  grin grin
Seriously, it depends on a lot of things, personalities, reasons and circumstances of breakup e.t.c.
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by btyfulmnd(m): 11:38am On Jun 28, 2011
Pesoranlly i would say no but it depends on individuals and the extent of closeness before breakup. There is a saying in Hausa that " medicine is made out of old honey"
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by sylve11: 11:41am On Jun 28, 2011
. . . . . not where I'm involved; even as present i'm weeping my ex. she's having a boyfriend. I warned her before hand sha ''don't get close to me'' she won't listen. now see, everytime we touch the honesty is too much sad sad cool
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by kpolli(m): 11:53am On Jun 28, 2011
i kinda agree with this poster sha #okbye
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by xammy(m): 12:07pm On Jun 28, 2011
i still talk 2 my EX but i noticed she's still addicted to my CONDO. I have exercis caution cuz we only talk on phone. it’s possible
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by earlalright(m): 1:27pm On Jun 28, 2011
ex-lovers may remain friends - but not close ones. friends like "we used to be course mates or grew in the same area. but if they are real close, then there is trouble. is either they were never lovers or they are still lovers.

besides, no person we feel safe to date a guy or girl who is still very close to his ex. security problem you know,

Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by badlaw(f): 1:29pm On Jun 28, 2011
whatever way is good but i think is beta to be friend and never try getting inn in a lonely place (room) both of u cos sumtin may and may hapen.so be friend and keep away 4rm been in alone together
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by Nayah(f): 1:29pm On Jun 28, 2011
Quite difficult but I would say yes if you have separate and fulfilled lives respectively, plus if it was a common agreement I don't know why one's could be bitter, in fact in depends of the way the relationship ended
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by Koolking(m): 2:32pm On Jun 28, 2011
'Being in Love' and 'being friends' are two different things. I wonder why ex-lovers can never remain [best] friends, irrespective of their differences which made 'em 'ex'.

Same applies to divorced couples. I believe, once a bond is created between two, it should not be broken completely whatsoever.
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by Bukittes(f): 2:59pm On Jun 28, 2011
Yes they can still be friends but of course at arms lenght sha. Like if I love my husband less than I love my ex hmmm it can be dangerous o!! It may start like having a shoulder to cry on and eventually the law of 'Debe' will just matirialize cos seriously we still love each other no be small but circumstances beyond our control no gree us marry! So the rule of the game is we ensure we are not in the same room alone for no reason. I can't even stop seeing him as a friend cos we have mutual friends. Just maintain the rule and ask God for grace to be faithful.
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by waleyusuf1(m): 3:23pm On Jun 28, 2011
the answer is yes and no, most gals don't want ever hear nor receive ur cal again,all cos they are in another relationship.but few ones do.
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by Roland17(m): 4:36pm On Jun 28, 2011
its not adviceable, especially if one party is married.
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by Sike(m): 5:17pm On Jun 28, 2011
Ere kì làjà n bà ékùn se
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by Connoisseur(m): 6:33pm On Jun 28, 2011
When it comes to humans, i think everything is possible, but we all know there isnt anything like a 'happy breakup'. No matter how the parties might kid themselves they both wanted it, one of the parties would actuall y feel they didnt have to do it.

So i think its possible but no advisable (acquaintances maybe) especially if one of the parties is in another relationship.
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by Omolola1(f): 6:36pm On Jun 28, 2011
yes
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by Connoisseur(m): 6:44pm On Jun 28, 2011
Ok imagine this scenario
two people obviously in love starts making marriage plans only to discover they are both AS.

Been matured and understanding, they realized its the end of the road. They ve got to move on but they are still in love.

Now do you think they can be best of friends without cheating their partner(s)
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by Kpusmokuti: 7:00pm On Jun 28, 2011
As long the memory of their past friendship still remains in there brain, still very dangerous but on the other hand you can't be enemies, so you can be mutual distances friends, to avoid Flash back, Remembrance and Replay
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by ronkebp(f): 7:49pm On Jun 28, 2011
i think it depends on individual too, personally i can't re-ignite the passion i had with my ex, even if we sleep on the same bed, once you are gone, you are gone, i don't know why, but that is just me, so i can safely be friends with my ex and there would be no problem, ''when i say it is over, then it is really over'', no going back.
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by darengg: 8:10pm On Jun 28, 2011
its dangerous to be friend with your Ex because anytin can happen at anytime
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by femeluaka(m): 10:50pm On Jun 28, 2011
BEST BELIEVE IT !!! some ex lovers(guys) are responsible for about 20 - 80% of pregnancies of their ex(lady),
men and brothers,if the girl you suddenly want to marry overnight has a serious (especially) unemployed guy,becareful!!!because you may be training another mans children.i have seen it happen,over and over
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by iice(f): 9:19am On Jun 29, 2011
ronkebp:

i think it depends on individual too, personally i can't re-ignite the passion i had with my ex, even if we sleep on the same bed, once you are gone, you are gone, i don't know why, but that is just me, so i can safely be friends with my ex and there would be no problem, ''when i say it is over, then it is really over'', no going back.

I'm the same way. Once i'm mentally over. . .everything follows and nothing, even doomsday will change it.
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by micpet(m): 9:32am On Jun 29, 2011
yes dey can b wink,because all my ex are stil my best friends sitl day.
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by BeautfulB(f): 11:19am On Jun 29, 2011
sure dey can, it shows maturity,
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by emmydee(m): 2:03pm On Jun 29, 2011
no! if u'r in a new relationshp, tink abt how d new partner wld feel. he or she wld feel threatened. wot if everyone starts keeping active contacts wit EX's, how wld d world look like. so lets leave d exs alone & move on. just 4get about him/her, no matter how sweet d memories can be.
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by chibaby5(f): 2:15pm On Jun 29, 2011
@topic

Yup yup
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by ogospec(f): 2:24pm On Jun 29, 2011
YES, VERY VERY WELL, I BELIEVE THAT NOT ALL LOVERS END UP SETTILING DOWN, DUE TO MANY GENUINE REASONS UNDERSTABLE BY BOTH OF THEM. THAT IS WHY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT BEFORE YOU BREAK ANY RELATIONSHIP, SPELL OUT THE REASON AND MAKE SURE THE OTHER PERSON UNDERSTOOD IT. THAT IS AN ACT OF TRUE LOVE, AND WHENEVER YOU HAVE A NEW LOVER OR MARRIED THOUGH IT MAY BE HARD MAKE SURE YOUR PARTNER KNOW ABOUT YOUR FORMER LOVERS, IF HE ACTUALLY LOVE YOU, HE WILL UNDERSTAND YOU AND AUTOMATICALLY BECOME FRIEND WITH HIM,
I AM NOT DOUBTING THE FACT THAT BOTH OF YOU BEING TOGETHER ALONE WITHOUT YOUR NEW LOVER OR ANY THIRD PERSON IS RISKY, SO IT IS POSSIBLE DEPENDING ON HOW YOU HANDLE IT
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by emmydee(m): 6:28pm On Jun 29, 2011
sometimes, maturity can b very expensive. it's very ok to b friends wit your ex but only if none of u is in a new relationship. otherwise, it's bull poo. stay away from your ex,no matter wot led to d breakup! it will affect your new relatnshp. if a guy has been intimate wit a gal, it's easy to repeat d act a hundred times even after many years. if we all keep active contacts wit our exs, how would d world look?
Re: Can Ex-lovers Remain Friends by Staggerlists(m): 10:00pm On Jun 29, 2011
Y.E.S, she'l b ma best frnd,bt no string wil b attached,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Women Reveal Their Cleavages And Turn Around To Complain! / Guys:which Of These Is Your Ideal Female Body Structure? (pix) / Why Do Women Want Guys 'over 6 Foot' When Listing Desired Qualities?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.