Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,284 members, 7,977,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 02:57 PM

Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment (39827 Views)

How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? / Please Help. My Apartment Is Being Haunted By A Ghost. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by GoodFaith: 9:16pm On Feb 23, 2022
CoolAmbience:

I dey sabi handle this kind landlord...

One landlord tried that shit with me in the past....I ended up staying for a year and half in his apartment for free, plus him begging people close to me to appeal to me.

The funny part be say na him even carry me go court.....Lol.

If you see case you go run
You want free rent and telling us, you get free rent for 18 months
You lucky the landlord was not a mad man with access to gun and other stuff you end up in jail

7 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by torqque7(m): 9:17pm On Feb 23, 2022
yemite100:
I made a post about a month ago on Nairaland about my landlord. He gave me a quit notice when my rent is yet to due, we have not been in good terms, I was rest assured that I still have three months left so no need to panic.

I got home now and saw carpenters removing the roof of my apartment with two abled young men which I haven't seen their face before, the roof of my apartment has been removed now.

I went to the nearby station to lodge a complain but I was told the man had come earlier, and told the police has giving me quit notice that he wants to renovate his house.

It's really a hard time for me and my siblings, getting a quick accomodation. He never informed us of renovating the apartment, I just lost my job last week and this is happening to me again.

My life is in a mess right now as I don't know where to start from, this is just a challenge for me and I will stay stronger and fight this battle till the end, probably God is preparing me for a better place ahead....

Before your landlord will go to that extent then u must have been a very troublesome tenant who thinks tenants have advantage over landlords so they can misbehave anyhow..just the way u have ur pressing issues thats how he also has his own..tenants like u are very arrogant and wicked and u got served by a landlord who beat u to ur game.

If u were a reasonable person then u would have told us that u tried begging the landlord when he gave u quit notice but because u felt as a tenant u get mouth and will frustrate the man thats y u just relaxed..I have no pity for people like u,better pack ur kaya and find the nearest under bridge to lay ur head..shey na only u get problem and ur landlord na Buhari so him dey flex anyhow and no need money.. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by GoodFaith: 9:19pm On Feb 23, 2022
Smithroll44:
Go and report to police and tell them part of your money was missed due to your landlord cruel act you can make millions with what your landlord just did that’s against the law.

Landlord didn't access his room
There is ceiling in the house I hope
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by Irishrena1(f): 9:21pm On Feb 23, 2022
hardbody:

You just sounded irresponsible and careless. This guy is complaining he has issues. Meanwhile a yearly tenant is entitled to 6months notice and at the expiration of that notice the landlord has no right to enter his property and remove his roof. He should be able to get injunctive reliefs in court and also sue for exemplary damages. Dont even start arguing with me, your type shouldn't be making comments in the public space.

Yen yen yen ewu mme. The public space is your ancestral inheritance abi. That's why you are a charge and bail lawyer with a warped sense of entitlement

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by GoodFaith: 9:22pm On Feb 23, 2022
Irishrena1:
What did you do to him that he'd willingly pay to destroy his roof?

He gave you quit notice 3 months ahead of the expiry of your rent abi, that means he has followed due process. But you want to use jungle pattern for him. Ehn na bear the consequence of the jungle life style

interesting comment
"What did you do to him that he'd willingly pay to destroy his roof? "

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by CoolAmbience(m): 9:22pm On Feb 23, 2022
GoodFaith:

If you see case you go run
You want free rent and telling you get free rent for 18 months
You lucky the landlord was not a mad man with access to gun and other stuff you end up in jail

You think say everything na by 'gra gra'?

How many months is OP owning his land for him to take off the roof of the apartment? Do you even know what you are talking about?

As for me and that my landlord, I didn't even confront him for one day...I just nack am for background.

No be only gun...abeg, go sit down. Na only one person dey get gun?
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by chukwuibuipob: 9:23pm On Feb 23, 2022
grin grin grin bobo don go look for incomplete house/building knack us.Even a smart pry 4 students will detect this SCAM.See the room wall.Anybody dat fall for this,nah DUMB plus man.my verdict sad Pure SCAM
Ofiadiegwu:

Oh oooh!

They started removing roof from inside

Is it roof they are removing or ceiling

Op, you are considering nairaland as home of fools??

Op your lie is amateur

5 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by Kobicove(m): 9:23pm On Feb 23, 2022
abobote:
Some landlords are heartless

Have you heard the landlord's side of the story? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by GoodFaith: 9:23pm On Feb 23, 2022
CoolAmbience:

You think say everything na by 'gra gra'?

How many months is OP owning his land for him to take off the roof of the apartment? Do you even know what you are talking about?

As for me and that my landlord, I didn't even confront him for one day...I just nack am for background.

No be only gun...abeg, go sit down. Na only one person dey get gun?

Why will the landlord take off the roof-- damage his roof
Why
One time I had three guys in the basement trying to mess with me
something happen other day
They learn to not F with me
The sister said is brother was bad but found out a Nigerian was a mad man
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by armyofone(m): 9:24pm On Feb 23, 2022
Just move out and leave his property for him.

No need fighting against someone's property.

3 months left - look for a temp place for now and leave for your own peace of mind.
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by Exceed15: 9:24pm On Feb 23, 2022
Op, God will honour you. Be strong
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by chukwuibuipob: 9:24pm On Feb 23, 2022
greatness77:
snap d full building, i was once in your shoe and i snaped both d landlord and d carpenter and sued him to court and won, im seriously suspecting u
I need the receipt and house address.I wan see the landlord
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by wirinet(m): 9:24pm On Feb 23, 2022
Halo22:
Op, the fact he removed the roof of ur house means that the deed has been done. However, you can approach a magistrate court, if u have ur receipts of previous and recent payments. Be rest assured he would pay a lot of damages that will make him to come begging you. But first, try to secure an apartment no matter how small, to serve as ur shelter for now. Wish you luck in ur endeavors.

Where do you want him to get an apartment no matter how small in these Buhari times? He needs All the money he can get to fight the case in court and at the police station.

He can get an injuction within a couple of days. I got an injuction the same day my landlord broke into my house to illegally evict me.
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by Lightorder: 9:25pm On Feb 23, 2022
NoToPile:
Eyah sorry but you were advised to go and beg the landlord that time.

And I remember some also mentioned that the landlord writes/sounds like someone who no send that he can go gangster on you.

Well he has done that now and has gone to the police to inform them of the repair which we all know it's just to get you out of the house.

Nothing you can do but to look for a place to put your stuffs and thankfully the rains are not here yet.

I wish you the best, may you get another job soonest.
Oga , did you read that his rent is still on Must you give an advice?
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by armyofone(m): 9:25pm On Feb 23, 2022
GoodFaith:

Why will the landlord to off the roof-- damage his roof
Why

So that rain and sunshine will punish the tenant to move out by force.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by Lightorder: 9:27pm On Feb 23, 2022
armyofone:

3 months left - look for a temp place for now and leave for your own peace of mind.
3 months still left Is that what you have to say ? I often wonder what you Nigerians smoke before advising somebody.
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by kingphilip(m): 9:28pm On Feb 23, 2022
stagger:

Your landlord is about to make you a rich man. Get a lawyer fast and sue the landlord and claim damages worth N10m citing the tenancy laws of Nigeria. He has no right to remove the roof even if you owe him for ten years.
I be wan say make thunder fire you but make I no talk.

If to say I get money to put the zinc back na wetin I for do my tenants be this.

How will they be owing over 1 year rent and still be staying comfortably?

Well karma always have a way of dishing it back honourably sha.

Na why people no de fit build their house be this.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by Lightorder: 9:29pm On Feb 23, 2022
wirinet:

Where do you want him to get an apartment no matter how small in these Buhari times? He needs All the money he can get to fight the case in court and at the police station.

He can get an injuction within a couple of days. I got an injuction the same day my landlord broke into my house to illegally evict me.
thank you sir. Did you read the ruuuuuuuubish that people are posting here as advice for him ? Sorry for Nigerian youth. Una head are just empty
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by wirinet(m): 9:31pm On Feb 23, 2022
armyofone:

You are the type Fela was talking about when he sang Sorrow Tears and Blood. His rights are being trampled over and you advice him to Just move out and leave his property for him, because no need fighting against someone's property. He for come rape him wife or girlfriend before you go no say no need fighting against someone's property.
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by chukwuibuipob: 9:32pm On Feb 23, 2022
sadI knw Igbo landlord that removed his fellow tribesmen doors/window in Enugu.[quote author=Tomigyer post=110486645][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by Lightorder: 9:32pm On Feb 23, 2022
abobote:
Some landlords are heartless
because you let them be. No landlord could stand me , even when I was a student. Nonsense
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by brainhgeek(m): 9:33pm On Feb 23, 2022
babyBB:
This is a wrong move
If the law won't help, it's an invitation to take laws into ones hands. There was a standing agreement between the young man and the landlord. His rent is not due yet. The landlord is just being wicked and deserve no fair treatment......except this is not the full story and the poster is hiding some truth. Reason why I asked what reasons the landlord have on the quit notice
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by NoToPile: 9:34pm On Feb 23, 2022
Lightorder:
Oga , did you read that his rent is still on Must you give an advice?

Give yours Na,

Shuu una too like wahlaha for this Nairaland.

I gave my own advice give yours.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by wirinet(m): 9:34pm On Feb 23, 2022
kingphilip:

I be wan say make thunder fire you but make I no talk.

If to say I get money to put the zinc back na wetin I for do my tenants be this.

How will they be owing over 1 year rent and still be staying comfortably?

Well karma always have a way of dishing it back honourably sha.

Na why people no de fit build their house be this.
So because someone is owing 1 year or 10 years, the landlord should resort to self help?
Maybe we should close the courts and disband the police so we can a resort to jungle justice.
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by PROPEACE: 9:35pm On Feb 23, 2022
Irishrena1:
What did you do to him that he'd willingly pay to destroy his roof?

He gave you quit notice 3 months ahead of the expiry of your rent abi, that means he has followed due process. But you want to use jungle pattern for him. Ehn na bear the consequence of the jungle life style
Someone said his rent is yet to expire yet you are saying God-alone-knows-what. Very strange, docile youths we have in Nigeria, always nodding like lizards in the face of oppression.
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by everythinggirly(f): 9:36pm On Feb 23, 2022
Some of these landlords and landladies see tenants as nothing, may God help the less privileged ones.

Hit me up for your academic research writing services!
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by Kimiso(m): 9:36pm On Feb 23, 2022
Baitullah:
Stay strong brother. May God see you true.

Meanwhile, one idiot just opened a thread seeking the fastest and painless way to commit suicide
share me the thread
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by Lightorder: 9:36pm On Feb 23, 2022
careytommy37:
If yoir rent has not expired, get a very good lawyer
Make a deal with just a charge and bail lawyer and you will soon be on your way to buying a land and a direct tokumbo car . Drag the old idiot!
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by kingphilip(m): 9:37pm On Feb 23, 2022
Inspirer1:

As in ehn, many a time we had to loose 6 month rent cos of the seeming advantage tenants (even the stubborn ones) have over landlords when it comes to issuing them quit notice. No matter how nice or considerate you are, especially when they know you're gentle, they'll always misbehave.
Very wicked set of people.

Someone is owing over 1 year and only paid for 1 month after pleading with him for over two months.

If to say I get money, na this landlord way I for follow.

Carry me go any court or whatever defender na there we go open tenancy law show them say tenancy agreement supercedes whatever they are trying to bring in.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by armyofone(m): 9:38pm On Feb 23, 2022
wirinet:

You are the type Fela was talking about when he sang Sorrow Tears and Blood. His rights are being trampled over and you advice him to Just move out and leave his property for him, because no need fighting against someone's property. He for come rape him wife or girlfriend before you go no say no need fighting against someone's property.

If he has the money to fight, I doubt the op would have been here. It cost huge money to fight Landlords in Nigeria. Where should he start from? Landlord already tip off the police that would have helped him.
You want him to fight the corrupt systems? How ?
It is not by keyboards alone, you know.
Re: Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment by Omolego: 9:38pm On Feb 23, 2022
[last year ,it happened to a friend of mine, his landlord gave him quit notice to evacuate with
4 days on a remainder of 5 months rent available on the fact he wanted to renovate, and he lost his job, the landlord used padlock to relock his apartment and then used police to embarrass this struggling graduate, wel he took his stuffs sold most cheaply and started qiatting, to God who helped him within 6 month, he got a new govt job, rented a 3 bedroom,fully furnished and his living large.
the landlord died few weeks from Aids, and neevr renovated his apartment ]. in essence things might seem gloomy, sell some things gain cash, squat with a friend and I believe everything would eventually sort itself... Jah is your strength.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? / Building Collapses In Dolphin Estate, Ikoyi, Four Injured, Many Trapped / The Flood That Led To The Demolition In Mende

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.