Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,280 members, 7,923,313 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 11:19 PM

Dual Citizenship - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dual Citizenship (961 Views)

Dual Citizenship? Nigerian Born In America Questions / Discover How To Obtain Georgia Dual Citizenship / Dual Citizenship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dual Citizenship by matgeezy: 12:46pm On Jun 27, 2011
hello everyone,i'm new here and i ran into this site recently. i am a dual citizen(us/nigeria). i will be travelling to the united kingdom. i will be making this journey with my American passport but i have some issues, i havent made this trip before. i am told i dnt need a visa to enter the uk, what about wen i am returning to nigeria? do i use my nigerisn passport or what??
please i need info,i cant seem to find anything on the internet. maybe wen i return,i will post my experience for others to benefit.
pleeeeeeeeeease help!!! angry
Re: Dual Citizenship by oncolor: 3:32am On Jun 28, 2011
That's a bit confusing. If you travel to the U.K with your America passport, all good, but if you use your Nigerian Passport to leave the U.K, how will the U.K immigration know you left? there will be nothing on their system to indicate the "American" that came visa free actually left they will only have a departure for a Nigerian. I guess you need to find out more from the experts.
Re: Dual Citizenship by divinereal: 4:32am On Jun 28, 2011
Pretty simple:
US - UK - US passport
UK - NIG On UK side when leaving use US passport, upon arriving in Nigeria use Nigerian Passport. When leaving Nigeria use Nigerian and US passport.

(1) (Reply)

South African Visa, China and Dubai / Consult To Global Visas / Bucharest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.