Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,848 members, 7,906,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 05:18 AM

Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? (32309 Views)

Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria / Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! / How Do Northern Women Stay Silent During Childbirth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by macgozy(m): 11:34am On Aug 08, 2007
to be candid, fellas I'll love to be beside my wifey when she delivers my baby and if the hospital authority will allow it I'' take a video coverage of such scene for reference purposes
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by kilma(f): 1:43pm On Aug 08, 2007
My hubby being there with me during delivery(child birth) will be greatly appreciated.But am not gonna make it a must for him to be there he has to be convinced in his mind to do it.If he happens not to be there ,i wouldn"t stop lovin him and will not take that he doesn"t love me either cos him being there doesn"t necessarily proove his love for me.he loves me and i know it.Making him stay there might hurt him seriouslyand there will be nothing in it for me to gain.About the pains and sreaming i dont expect to have one cos its not neccesary i go thru pains "am the seed of papa Abraham , "
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by BASETSANA(f): 2:02pm On Aug 08, 2007
Thanks Fawwby you have a great day too!
Are you a Nigerian?
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by fawwyb(m): 2:16pm On Aug 08, 2007
BASETSANA:

Thanks Fawwby you have a great day too!
Are you a Nigerian?
yeah, am a nigerian. Do you care if i send u a mail so that i can get to know you better, ok
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by adeniyidru(m): 2:31pm On Aug 08, 2007
hi friend's,you all are correct giving your own best opinion on this,but i think the decision depends on the wife to request for her husband to come stay with her while burning/crying in pain. I know of a woman who says she does not like it that way --she says seeing the man beside or in front of her when going through this test will makes her hate the man or disturb her more,-- that this is her own challenge/tasks to confront,but Lateran the man(husband) should continue with the pampering and taking good care of her and the baby. thanks grin
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by ronnieslimz(f): 3:45pm On Aug 08, 2007
its o.k! but i don't see it as sumffin compulsory, i'll prefer him to be somewhere else but very close sha. . praying for me other than just staying of which he'll be looking and panicking!! dats for me oo
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Merez(f): 4:00pm On Aug 08, 2007
Well whether my husband dey for labour room or not, me I go still born. De only tin be say both of us go dey share d sleepless nites together when I dey breastfeed d baby.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Carlosein(m): 5:02pm On Aug 08, 2007
me i plan to be there full time from beginning to end (God help me sha cos it's not by power nor by might) grin
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by sprezatura(m): 5:22pm On Aug 08, 2007
all these guys saying we put it there so we have to be there, do you know the docs will have to cut your wife's pinky to let ur big head child come out, my wife screaming and crying i can barely stand talk more of cutting her thing, men i will be too freaked out to even touch her when shes done. i cant stand a woman crying so i hope im miles away when my wifes is due, den i wont be compelled to be by her side
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Carlosein(m): 5:37pm On Aug 08, 2007
all these guys saying we put it there so we have to be there, do you know the docs will have to cut your wife's pinky to let your big head child come out, my wife screaming and crying i can barely stand talk more of cutting her thing, men i will be too freaked out to even touch her when shes done. i can't stand a woman crying so i hope im miles away when my wifes is due, den i wont be compelled to be by her side

maybe, maybe not lipsrsealed undecided undecided

i still plan to be there sha wink wink
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by rossy4life(f): 5:46pm On Aug 08, 2007
I used to think most guys are strong, this topic has made me realised how much of a coward u guys are. My husband will have no choice but to be there when the time comes. I know of a man who delivered his wife in d hospital where he works in Nigeria, I think dat is very romantic. To all the guys who say dey can't stand by their wife in the labour room, what if everything happens so fast even b4 u leave d house, d baby's head starts popping out, what will u do, leave the baby and mum to die, u'd be expected to pull d baby out, clean up d blood u don't want to see and probably clean up d damn mess.

Common guys be strong, appreciate the power to bring to life God has given to women and what women go thru to give u a cute baby.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by mantutuman(m): 6:58pm On Aug 08, 2007
My wife and I were in labor for 27 hours during the birth of our first child (Son). I held her all through and cut the baby's umblical cord. During the birth of our second child (son) I was with her in the theatre. She had a C section. I helped deliver the baby. I held him and cut the umblical cord as well. The first thing he did was to pee on me. It is a tremendous feeling. The bonding starts right away. I am not a doctor but in The USA you can be in there as long as necessary. I even have the entire process on video and pictures. I think it is great. People should encourage it more. We may then not be too mad when our women require attention and petting. FOR THOSE WHO ARE SCARED OF BLOOD AND MAY FREEK OUT, DO NOT GO IN SO YOU WONT JEOPARDISE THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF BOTH THE WOMAN AND THE CHILD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by seun001(m): 7:29pm On Aug 08, 2007
27 hours,u no dey go work!!2 hours is enuf for me to have cracked or less.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by soulpatrol(f): 8:17pm On Aug 08, 2007
seun impersonator, i mean seun001 tongue, at least congratulate the guy for being in the room with his woman. no be easy task for men as u know. shuo! some women have labour for days. haa, one of my siblings nearly killed my mama when she refused to come out for days and days. we always remind her of that when she misbehaves. so be sensitive! angry

mantutuman, i give u two thumbs up for ur bravery jare. na people like u we dey look for. the fact that u didnt faint while cutting the cord, thats a third thumbs up for u. ok, i only have 2 thumbs, grin but u get the idea. trust me, ur woman will forever have respect for u, and whenever u guys get in a fight or something, u can just play back the birthing tape and remember that wonderful event in ur lives. carry go jare! u be the man! cheesy
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by nazzyon(m): 8:39pm On Aug 08, 2007
I pray by then there should some BioMechanic man to stand by her in that hell of a place.

I can't stand there see her cry.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by k0be: 8:44pm On Aug 08, 2007
yes sweetie, I'll be in the delivery room with you if you never want me to be sexually attracted to you eeeever again.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by soulpatrol(f): 9:19pm On Aug 08, 2007
kobe, i take it u're just looking for a reaction to what u just posted huh?
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by nazzyon(m): 9:30pm On Aug 08, 2007
It is just never going to work for me seeing her crying. Can't bare it.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by soulpatrol(f): 9:38pm On Aug 08, 2007
thank the lord there are still some sensitive men out there cheesy
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by k0be: 9:42pm On Aug 08, 2007
soulpatron reaction to what? to me saying the effects of the process might leave her less desirable to her spouse? if it's too yucky for men, then they don't have to be forced to take part in it.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by drrionelli(m): 11:10pm On Aug 08, 2007
Yucky?

How so?
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Esss(m): 11:30pm On Aug 08, 2007
k0be:

yes sweetie, I'll be in the delivery room with you if you never want me to be sexually attracted to you eeeever again.

I'm with Kobe on this one.

I've seen a goat deliver before and it wasnt a pretty site. That shit could put a man off of sex for life. Not to talk about the trauma and psychological damage such a site can cause. This should be a matter of choice. If you can seeing seeing another man poking and peeking at ur wifes vagingo not to talk of the blood, pain, screams, yuk, placenta, e.t.c then go watch it.
I'm old school. We dont need to see none of that. In fact it is an abomination in my clan.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by k0be: 11:36pm On Aug 08, 2007
yuckkkkk cry
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by mantutuman(m): 12:21am On Aug 09, 2007
There are certain experiences you cannot avoid. Its part of life. As nasty as it can be, it is the process of bringing life into the world. Trust me, the sight will not deter you from sex. Unless you never were a real performer in the first place. As long as the d, k can rise, it will find its shelter.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by PTH(m): 12:53am On Aug 09, 2007
Esss:

I'm with Kobe on this one.

I've seen a goat deliver before and it wasnt a pretty site. That shit could put a man off of sex for life. Not to talk about the trauma and psychological damage such a site can cause. This should be a matter of choice. If you can seeing seeing another man poking and peeking at your wifes vagingo not to talk of the blood, pain, screams, yuk, placenta, e.t.c then go watch it.
I'm old school. We don't need to see none of that. In fact it is an abomination in my clan.

what if your wives all decide not to go through the "unpretty sight" of having children because they too have seen a birthing goat?

1 Like

Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by k0be: 1:57am On Aug 09, 2007
we've left them with no option.  the unborn baby must come out one way or another.

Actually, I admit it'd be cool to witness the process by which a new life is created, i'd be in awe. It would make me more grateful to my wife for what she's gone through, but then again it shouldn't be an "he should be there, he has to be there, he put me there so he must be there." nobody's reactions to events that can be considered traumatic should be dictated by anybody, or a feeling of guilt.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by soulpatrol(f): 3:21am On Aug 09, 2007
to each his own. nothing should be forced on anyone, true, but we should endevour to step out of our comfort zone once in a while. life is too short and we should all experience certain events as they happen. to be grossed out by watching a woman give birth, na wa o. a living, breathing entity, a miracle is being brought into the world and u woudn't want to watch?

woman don suffer o. a man will toast u, chase u for ages, eventually get u in the sack, impregnate u, and at the end of the day he cant even stay to watch the outcome of what he implanted in u? on the excuse that he might not be attracted to u again afterwards? wow! the way people think really beats my imagination!

1 Like

Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by k0be: 5:06am On Aug 09, 2007
okay, anything for you my love grin. but if i pass out i hope you and the baby fare well without me.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by seun001(m): 6:57am On Aug 09, 2007
soulpatrol:

seun impersonator, i mean seun001 tongue, at least congratulate the guy for being in the room with his woman. no be easy task for men as u know. shuo! some women have labour for days. haa, one of my siblings nearly killed my mama when she refused to come out for days and days. we always remind her of that when she misbehaves. so be sensitive! angry

mantutuman, i give u two thumbs up for your bravery jare. na people like u we dey look for. the fact that u didnt faint while cutting the cord, thats a third thumbs up for u. ok, i only have 2 thumbs, grin but u get the idea. trust me, your woman will forever have respect for u, and whenever u guys get in a fight or something, u can just play back the birthing tape and remember that wonderful event in your lives. carry go jare! u be the man! cheesy

who b impersonator,dont confuse me with anoda person ooo!!!.and besides is seun001 not different from ord seun ehn!!
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by omogenaija(f): 8:51am On Aug 09, 2007
my hubby in the labor ? HELL YES !!!

i wont have it any other way angry angry , that lovely asshole has to be apart of the baby being born since he was apart of the making grin
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by glamchic: 9:00am On Aug 09, 2007
Spoke to a few maried male friends about it and they said their sex life suffered after watching their wives during labour for a multitude of reasons from not wanting to put her through that pain again to just being repulsed. Now if there is any truth to this then i would rather my man stay out of the room. , trust me! No point having him watch you have a baby if you now have to struggle to get him back into your bed. However , even if it's true ,the men need to understand God's instruction on not denying your spouse conjugal pleasure, so they better get their act together and hop back in that bed and stop looking for an excuse to play away from home!
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by fakande(m): 9:17am On Aug 09, 2007
I was wiv my wife all thru, i think d experience was a mixed bag of emotions, fear, compassion, respect, repulsion, etc. Some scary ass ish if u ask me.

@Sienna

u say "he caused it" like its a bad thing. Nah, I think u got it wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Caught My Wife Eating Tantalizer Food With Her Boyfriend / I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. / Mother Of 5 Gives Birth To Quadruplets In Ibadan, Husband Flees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.