Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,525 members, 7,905,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 01:13 AM

My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa (1710 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by cokeryusuf09(m): 10:03pm On Feb 24, 2022
good evening everyone,
day one
i was welcomed at the gate by a group of hustler i couldnt give them my luguage but i have to give one of them my 100naira
minimie grin grin cheesy
At the gate, i was subject to RDT covid 19 test in which medical personnel poke my nose with a object and rotate it till i start feeling like my brain is been touched by the object. i started having catarrh and after some minute, the result of test was negative.
i went to the hall looking like otondo not untill someone told to join south west as a lagos indigene and a graduate from lagos. na nysc pre orientation group save my ass from there cos i have made 5 copies of each document as stated in the group, omo registration plenty but na boot and cloth be problem oversize khaki and shoe that is smaller than my leg na to find to find partner for trade by barter remain.
funniest was after khaki and bank registration, na him dem say go registered your name in the book of life, na i com dey laff
when to parade ground and just march with tired bodies
i never solve khaki problem and shoe but i washed my short and a cloth are use to travel to nasarawa and i ate porridge with fish for evening food
make my short no miss tomorrow morning shocked cool angry grin

4 Likes

Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by SamuelLoch: 10:22pm On Feb 24, 2022
cokeryusuf09:
good evening everyone,

Day One

I was welcomed at the gate by a group of hustlers I couldn't give them my luggage but i have to give one of them my 100naira
minimie grin grin :

At the gate, i was subject to RDT COVID-19 test in which medical personnel poke my nose with a object and rotate it till I started feeling like my brain is being touched by the object. I started having catarrh and after some minute, the result of the test was negative.

I went to the hall looking like otondo not until someone told me to join South West as a Lagos indigene and a graduate from Lagos.

Na NYSC pre-orientation group save my ass from there cos I have made 5 copies of each document as stated in the group, omo registration plenty but na boot and cloth be problem oversize khaki and shoe that is smaller than my leg na to find to find partner for trade by barter remain.

Funniest was after khaki and bank registration, na him dem say go registered your name in the book of life, na i com dey laff
I never solve khaki problem and shoe but i washed my short and a cloth are use to travel to Nasarawa and I ate porridge with fish for evening food

Following... Update us tomorrow, bro
Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by PermSec01(m): 10:52pm On Feb 24, 2022
cokeryusuf09:
good evening everyone,
day one
i was welcomed at the gate by a group of hustler i couldnt give them my luguage but i have to give one of them my 100naira
minimie grin grin cheesy
At the gate, i was subject to RDT covid 19 test in which medical personnel poke my nose with a object and rotate it till i start feeling like my brain is been touched by the object. i started having catarrh and after some minute, the result of test was negative.
i went to the hall looking like otondo not untill someone told to join south west as a lagos indigene and a graduate from lagos. na nysc pre orientation group save my ass from there cos i have made 5 copies of each document as stated in the group, omo registration plenty but na boot and cloth be problem oversize khaki and shoe that is smaller than my leg na to find to find partner for trade by barter remain.
funniest was after khaki and bank registration, na him dem say go registered your name in the book of life, na i com dey laff
i never solve khaki problem and shoe but i washed my short and a cloth are use to travel to nasarawa and i ate porridge with fish for evening food
are yhu withy me Yhu're a member of Batch C stream 2 ryt
Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by cokeryusuf09(m): 6:15pm On Feb 25, 2022
SamuelLoch:

Following... Update us tomorrow, bro
ok
Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by cokeryusuf09(m): 6:16pm On Feb 25, 2022
PermSec01:
are yhu withy me Yhu're a member of Batch C stream 2 ryt
2022 batch
Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by cokeryusuf09(m): 6:44pm On Feb 25, 2022
[b][/b] DAY 2
i woke around 4:30 am to eat my remnant of porridge of last night and after eating, looked for where to fetch water until we were directed to fetch water from the kitchen. at this point my prayer was i should be caught though i was not caught but i couldnt escape the parade ground. early morning parade by 5:30 am till 8 am and another after breaskfast.
at parade around 12.00pm couldnt see due to the sun, i was caught by a man o war who said i am not raising my leg very well and he instructed me to sit on the floor( me just bone face sit down without shame sit down, after awhile he told me join the the rest). after parade the man o war who punished called me when i was at parade saw me
man o war: come here where are you from
me:lagos
man o war: just try to forget any outside and concentrate in camp.
me : yes sir.
i carried my plate to kitchen cos maami don take 2500 from my pocket within two days.
at parade ground at 3:30.
army: hip hip
pcm: hurray(low tone)
army: that one is for your village chief
hip hip
pcm: hurray (loud tone).
matching of pcm till 6:00 pm
me just happy to run away

3 Likes

Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by SamuelLoch: 10:05pm On Feb 25, 2022
cokeryusuf09:
[b][/b] DAY 2
i woke around 4:30 am to eat my remnant of porridge of last night and after eating, looked for where to fetch water until we were directed to fetch water from the kitchen. at this point my prayer was i should be caught though i was not caught but i couldnt escape the parade ground. early morning parade by 5:30 am till 8 am and another after breaskfast.
at parade around 12.00pm couldnt see due to the sun, i was caught by a man o war who said i am not raising my leg very well and he instructed me to sit on the floor( me just bone face sit down without shame sit down, after awhile he told me join the the rest). after parade the man o war who punished called me when i was at parade saw me
man o war: come here where are you from
me:lagos
man o war: just try to forget any outside and concentrate in camp.
me : yes sir.
i carried my plate to kitchen cos maami don take 2500 from my pocket within two days.
at parade ground at 3:30.
army: hip hip
pcm: hurray(low tone)
army: that one is for your village chief
hip hip
pcm: hurray (loud tone).
matching of pcm till 6:00 pm
me just happy to run away
Why did you want to get caught? Yo serve punishment, but escape morning parade?
Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by PermSec01(m): 1:42am On Feb 26, 2022
cokeryusuf09:

2022 batch
OK.... I was with the previous batch....wgich of the hostel are yhu.... M1 ahbi
Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by cokeryusuf09(m): 5:53pm On Feb 26, 2022
PermSec01:
OK.... I was with the previous batch....wgich of the hostel are yhu.... M1 ahbi
m1 boys
Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by cokeryusuf09(m): 5:57pm On Feb 26, 2022
SamuelLoch:

Why did you want to get caught? Yo serve punishment, but escape morning parade?
when there is no water, we should go to kitchen to fetch water but we were there that means if we get caught we serve punishment
answer to the second statement is that after escaping kitchen. i could not escape been punished on the parase ground
Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by cokeryusuf09(m): 6:21pm On Feb 26, 2022
day 3
welcome to the north with excess cold and sun
i was unprepared like the other two days but i have to go to parade ground
around 5:30 am, first is praise and worship, nysc short lecture and meditation and finally the most anticipated one which is matching and physical exercise grin grin grin
na training till breakfast, i just called oyin(my nysc photograph in camp, shout out to this my ever lively schoolmate). i met her at maami market dey buy indomie and order for rice and meat cos i don vex leave school kitchen due to the large number of white fowl on the queue. we gist small before we part away. go hostel go dey argue lagos politic and dey listen to ukraine and russia analysis grin ; cheesy wink. we were chase to lecture on security with dignataries like the state cordinator, camp directors and obs cordinator at the lecture hall, omo sleep catch me for lecture another man o war wan catch me today but i have to tell him that i am bending my head becos the long bench was tight thank god the guy leave me and end of lecture went back to hostel.
before i know biggue don blow for afternoon parade,i just vex cos yesterday the sun rays enter my eyes until i started doing my command so slowly till i was caught and punish(sit on the floor).
at parade, it was lively with drilling of army
army: biggie u don have to frown as we drilling u just be happy atleast u will leave here after 3weeks losing 40kg.
all parade laughed and we continue my drilling.
Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by PermSec01(m): 7:00pm On Feb 26, 2022
cokeryusuf09:

m1 boys
dat was d hostel I was back then too.... Yhu will enjoy the camp....plz greet Madam Lolo for us ooo.... And if yhu wan charge fine ask for star boy... Na my guy well well..... Him go do yhu well.... Hope yhu gather enuff money enta camp sha grin
Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by cokeryusuf09(m): 8:59pm On Feb 27, 2022
PermSec01:
dat was d hostel I was back then too.... Yhu will enjoy the camp....plz greet Madam Lolo for us ooo.... And if yhu wan charge fine ask for star boy... Na my guy well well..... Him go do yhu well.... Hope yhu gather enuff money enta camp sha grin
na mama lolo i dey eat self
na money be problem
Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by TessBiwom(f): 9:51pm On Feb 27, 2022
I camped there also and I was in F5 hostel. The parade ground make sense so anytime RSM give us punishment to sit down for ground,I dey do am fast fast.

Nah Magaji Dan yamusa

1 Like

Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by cokeryusuf09(m): 8:04pm On Feb 28, 2022
TessBiwom:
I camped there also and I was in F5 hostel. The parade ground make sense so anytime RSM give us punishment to sit down for ground,I dey do am fast fast.

Nah Magaji Dan yamusa
stubborn girls
Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by cokeryusuf09(m): 8:48pm On Feb 28, 2022
day 5
i was angry cos day 3 i have a twisted knee and my hostel boys were making noise and we are made to stay outside.
5:30 am i was made to go hall and have a virtual orientation with DG.
7:30 am back to parade were made to do parade, me just dey limp with one leg and wait for breakfast
9:00am i took breakfast from maami cos i don break thanks to pcm that help me and after that i go saed
2pm i was back to hostel and i waited for who dey go maami but dey go to kitchen which means hungry go fire me , omo na him i go kitchen with one leg and decide to go to medical collect drug and wait for a physiotherapy and omo parade dey go on and i dey medical as i no see physiotherapy i go field go look platoon we dey play.
man o war: come here u have not stop limping better find a way to do it
me: i have been to medical for proper check up
man o war: let me see it, stretch forward and backward and take care
naso that man o war wey punish me see me you are again, you lazy and wetin again
me: i got injured in training
man o war: let me see, rub the joint (naso him help rub) .
i am at watching nysc film now grin grin : grin

1 Like

Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by cokeryusuf09(m): 8:49pm On Feb 28, 2022
i will update if i finish nysc film oooo

1 Like

Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by TessBiwom(f): 7:13am On Mar 01, 2022
cokeryusuf09:

stubborn girls

We're the good girls.
Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by cokeryusuf09(m): 3:07pm On Mar 02, 2022
TessBiwom:

We're the good girls.
lie on the air
Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by cokeryusuf09(m): 7:31am On Mar 03, 2022
day 6
normal but i no charge my home
na normal parade things
Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by cokeryusuf09(m): 7:43am On Mar 03, 2022
day 7
me just dey parade ground dey do training till time for breakfast and after break fast straight to saed
9:00 we receive lecture on how to write business plan and feasibility study, icpc and efcc representative lectured on crime , dg speech with giving of money to some member and cow donation and finally choosing of skill to be acquired from saed which end by 2:00 pm and lunch from 4:00pm
my platoon was eliminated by one to nil , i was angry cos i meant to play as striker but have knee injury( i no fit run)
8:00 for drama till 10pm for light out

1 Like

Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by Matamela: 5:58pm On Mar 03, 2022
Poor writer churning out jargons.. You possess no writing skills nor communication ability
Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by cokeryusuf09(m): 1:21pm On Mar 04, 2022
day 8
i woke up and fetch water at the tap, i had bath went straight to mosque because i have been missing solat in camp due to the short i was given which not permissible dress code for islam.
na parade ground the deal start after morning lecture and meditation, a student has commit an offence and she will be prosecuted by the camp court. 8:00am went to kitchen to collect my meal met my friend and she is just dey misbehave i left alone
2:00pm na eba and egusi i no want eat ,go to maami market ate N1000 food on nysc na him money finish.
6:00pm ate yam and sauce and 8 till 10pm nysc drama

1 Like

Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by cokeryusuf09(m): 3:30pm On Mar 05, 2022
DAY 9
I woke up early i had my bath and went to mosque.
wa receive lecture from national orientation agency on the effect of drugs on youth and influence of peer pressure. by 8pm we went to collect our meal.
9am we receive brief lecture before heading for saed on ict(i choose ict) till 2:00pm
2:00 - 4:00pm for lunch
4:00 -6:00pm for parade
6:00-8:00pm for dinner
8:00 till 10pm is for talent hunt which different platoon were participated but na small i see watch cos i was outside and i need to sleep small

1 Like

Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by cokeryusuf09(m): 3:31pm On Mar 05, 2022
day 10
parade go smooth but na kitchen i dey from 5:30 till 3:31pm

1 Like

Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by cokeryusuf09(m): 8:35pm On Mar 06, 2022
day 10
i left kitchen by 8pm went for talent hunt till 10pm
Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by cokeryusuf09(m): 8:44pm On Mar 06, 2022
day 11
i awoke up at 7:30 went to kitchen to collect my meal and i wash my cloth till 12pm.
na him obs announce the changing of house wear to white fowl , i vex go change my cloth and gist till 4pm.
our platoon member join other platoon to play football except those on parade , members on parade ground have to learn how to match so that they perform very well during matching competition
i went to mosque by 8pm and back to the garden to watch drama till 10pm
Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by cokeryusuf09(m): 4:59pm On Mar 13, 2022
day 12 to 18 are the same
Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by cokeryusuf09(m): 5:02pm On Mar 13, 2022
day 19
sunday na relax day but at 4pm na him i sit for floor to look at parade people matching with other people
Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by cokeryusuf09(m): 7:25pm On Mar 17, 2022
day 20
usual routine
Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by cokeryusuf09(m): 7:38pm On Mar 17, 2022
day 21 tuesday 15 of march 2022
This is always an end to every journey, tuesday was thas end of orientation course. everybody was snapping picture but i eventually end in the biggue master trap, he saw us snapping on quater guard parade ground. he called us to order and punish us by washing the floor with water, soap and broom. i got annoyed after doing the task because today is my pop day and i was being punished with this anger i went to my hostel and i packed my lugguage and i kept it at the gate.
Pop was memorable with parader responding to different command and display was memorable. This event marks the end of my orientation course and the start of PPA.
Thank god for my successful orientation course.

1 Like

Re: My Exprience At Magaji Dan Yanusa by Deicide: 12:34pm On Mar 18, 2022
cokeryusuf09:
day 11
i awoke up at 7:30 went to kitchen to collect my meal and i wash my cloth till 12pm.
na him obs announce the changing of house wear to white fowl , i vex go change my cloth and gist till 4pm.
our platoon member join other platoon to play football except those on parade , members on parade ground have to learn how to match so that they perform very well during matching competition
i went to mosque by 8pm and back to the garden to watch drama till 10pm
Na by force to Join all this activities?

(1) (2) (Reply)

NYSC 2017 Batch B PCM Initial Posting To Choice State / Here Is When NYSC 2018 Batch B Call Up Letter Will Be Out / Corpers Allowance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.