Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,766 members, 7,952,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:20 AM

. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (2179 Views)

My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! / Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy / My Cousin's Mother-In-Law Is Tormenting Her! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Mariangeles(f): 11:39am On Feb 27, 2022
baby124:

If the man was taking care of his mother while alive and had a thriving business which he left behind for his wife. If his family did not drag such business with his wife, I think it’s only fair that she provides for his mother. Not the young abled ones though.

You’re right.

If I were deceased, I wouldn’t want my mother who I took care of while alive, be abandoned when I had made some provisions for her to be taken care of.

There are also married females out there who their aged parents depend on too.
I take back my earlier comment.

1 Like

Re: . by Polynek(m): 11:47am On Feb 27, 2022
I don't know ur age, but as a man why will you depend on ur Elder broda for a living?
Now he is dead u are crying, stop having ENTITLEMENT MENTALITY bcox he owes you nothing.
That ur Bros is rich doesn't mean u won't hustle on ur own, now see how life hv turned now.
Bro go and hustle on ur own and be independent
Re: . by ImaIma1(f): 1:46pm On Feb 27, 2022
Your sister inlaw should give your mother a monthly stipend, and should be able to help with your school fees

It's the African thing that all the family members depend on one family member that is successful, including the father that is supposed to be responsible for his children.

What of a case where the brother didn't have a business? What if he was on a salary that was able to take care of his siblings and mum, but now, he is no more? Who would you guys depend on then? Would you allow your mother die?

I hope you people were not mean and disrespectful to her when your brother was alive. Were you the kind of inlaws that stepped on her toes in her husband's house? Because i believe that if the relationship between you people and her was good, you wouldn't be here reporting her.

3 Likes

Re: . by Biglittlelois(f): 5:31pm On Feb 27, 2022
Has any of you gone to see her and the kids to know how they are and their welfare? Have you all enquired physically to check and see if the business is thriving and not going under, especially in this harsh buhari economy? Cos from the way you table your complaints, all you guys just do is call for money and nothing else, is that what in laws are supposed to do to your brother's widow? Has any of you enquire if there is a problem or even asked her why she hardly pick your calls? Bear in mind that she is all on her own with the business and children and I can imagine the pressure on her to keep everything afloat and going cos no one is finding it funny in their businesses and jobs these days

If the questions I asked above are not affirmative or positive, even I will bullshit all of you if I were she, you cannot play the sick mother card to a widow for monetary gains if none of you show empathy to her plight and her state of living with her kids alone, so do the needful and bring her close to you, she will change.

6 Likes

Re: . by Biglittlelois(f): 5:37pm On Feb 27, 2022
ImaIma1:

I hope you people were not mean and disrespectful to her when your brother was alive. Were you the kind of inlaws that stepped on her toes in her husband's house? Because i believe that if the relationship between you people and her was good, you wouldn't be here reporting her.

Didn't want to mention the bolded as a probability before peeps will focus on vindictiveness and revenge as her excuse for ignoring them, then capitalise on it as ways of wives to in laws.

5 Likes

Re: . by ImaIma1(f): 5:42pm On Feb 27, 2022
Biglittlelois:

Didn't want to mention the bolded as a probability before peeps will focus on vindictiveness and revenge as her excuse for ignoring them, then capitalise on it as ways of women to in laws.

I'm even shocked that most comments from guys especially, are not even going in that direction. Because they are always quick to label the woman as being bad to inlaws.

4 Likes

Re: . by ImaIma1(f): 5:49pm On Feb 27, 2022
Biglittlelois:
Has any of you gone to see her and the kids to know how they are and their welfare? Have you all enquired physically to check and see if the business is thriving and not going under, especially in this harsh buhari economy? Cos from the way you table your complaints, all you guys just do is call for money and nothing else, is that what in laws are supposed to do to your brother's widow? Has any of you enquire if there is a problem or even asked her why she hardly pick your calls? Bear in mind that she is all on her own with the business and children and I can imagine the pressure on her to keep everything afloat and going cos no one is finding it funny in their businesses and jobs these days

If the questions I asked above is not affirmative or positive, even I will bullshit all of you if I were she, you cannot play the sick mother card to a widow for monetary gains if none of you show empathy to her plight and her state of living with her kids alone, so do the needful and bring her close to you, she will change.

Very valid questions. Are they just concerned about the money they get? Have they asked how she and the children are coping.

They probably believe that since their brother was their money bag, the wife should continue from where he stopped. If they had the power, won't they take everything from her?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Secrets In Marriage / Please What Can I Use To Remove Toilet Sink Stains? / So My Wife Can Actually Lie

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.