Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,945 members, 7,949,252 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 11:37 PM

Political Experts On Global Affairs, I Have A Question - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Political Experts On Global Affairs, I Have A Question (139 Views)

Current Affairs: I Know My Country / Is That Biafra Flag At Global Affairs Canada's HQ, Ottawa - Pic / How I Spent 18 Months Working With Experts On My Plan — Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Political Experts On Global Affairs, I Have A Question by Kwashiman: 9:52am On Feb 27, 2022
How exactly does the crisis between Russia and Ukraine (which is strictly an European problem) translate to world War 3? Why should other nations across the continents be dragged into a mess created in far away Eastern Europe? I get the concept of all these world powers like Russia, USA, China etc all having weapons of mass destruction, but if God forbid a super power nation decides to unleash its nukes say on another super power nation... with the destructive effects of those nuclear weapons affect the whole world even down to the remotest parts of Africa? why should every other nation of the world be forced to be wary about the threat of WW3 because of some local conflict between Russians and Ukrainians?
Re: Political Experts On Global Affairs, I Have A Question by FERNANDEZISBACK: 9:55am On Feb 27, 2022
Haha..Absolutely not.

This is 2022 not 1939.. where there are only one or two dominant forces in the world...The world right is much more interconnected than you think..so no country be it Russia or the US would want an all out war which is a World War...

Neither Putin or NATO want WW3... Also I simply don’t think public opinion in most countries well outside the conflict area would be that of wanting to have their leaders embroil them in a messy and horrendous WW3 with the resulting loss of so many lives...
Russia will threaten to nuke the west.. the west will threaten to nuke Russia.. everyone will threaten themself then at that point everyone will “calm down”... cheesy

Also it depends on how far russia will go after conquering ukraine... As far as invasion of ukraine is concerned NATO members will not directly participate in the war...They may use indirect tactics like using supplying weapons to ukraine or putting economic sanctions. However if Russia will invade more countries or will shift more westwards and try to invade other countries like romania and bulgaria since they are member of NATO it will directly involve confrontation with USA and its allies with russia which russia as a rational actor would not want to start. So according to my opinion russia will stop after invading ukraine or russia will target countries such as finland to increase its sphere..
You get?

(1) (Reply)

Rev. Dan Ushie Felicitates Chief Jude Ngaji, MP Elects / Constitution Review: Csos Lament NASS Rejection Of Proposal For FCT Mayor, Other / Buhari Celebrates Vice President Osinbajo At 65

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.