Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,322 members, 7,943,808 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 03:12 AM

How Oyo State Amotekun Corps Keep Operating As OPC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Oyo State Amotekun Corps Keep Operating As OPC (330 Views)

Gunshots In Ajase Ipo As OPC, Fulani Clash / Oyo State Amotekun Goes Berserk, Kills 11 People In 3 Weeks / Ajimobi: How Oyo’s Little Tin God Was Humiliated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Oyo State Amotekun Corps Keep Operating As OPC by Eyesabove: 9:20am On Feb 28, 2022
The Oyo State Amotekun Corps keep operating as OPC under the Command of Rtd Col Olayinka and he's 2ic who is a full member of OPC.

I took my time to investigate how Oyo State Amotekun Corps work and why are they not performing effectively like there counterparts such as Ondo State, Ogun State, Ekiti State.

Firstly have been to eleven (11) Local Government Command of Amotekun Corps and I discovered that the level of illiterates recruited by Oyo State Government is like 85 percent which is unhealthy for the security outfit.

Secondly Oyo state Amotekun Corps is a State Government job with no grading system no ranks, no appointment letter, no pension nothing all Amotekun operatives are all equal which is very bad for the security outfit, the bedrock of every successful security organization should be discipline Oyo State Amotekun Corps Operatives are not discipline at all they smoke weeds in public, drinking alcohol while on duties, collecting bribes, violation of human rights, illegal detection, and using the uniform of Amotekun to commit all sorts of blue collar crimes.

Oyo state Amotekun Corps have no organizational structure no ranking system no hierarchy no Operational manual no code of conduct this prompt me to make some finding and I discovered that the educated Amotekun operatives are placed under uneducated Amotekun operative which most of them are OPC members who can not read or write just imagine a Police DPO can not read or write likewise the 2ic and the Operation. The OPC leader who are also in Amotekun Corps intentionally place there members above all and hold a strategic places in Amotekun Corps in my findings I discovered that Oyo State Amotekun corps have operatives with ND, NCE, HND, PGD, B.sc, M.sc and P.hd but they are not considered because the illiterates are the one that the Commander of Amotekun Corps put in charge.

When I was browsing through the internet to see if there is law that established Oyo State Amotekun Corps that's when I come across the Law and I discover that Oyo State Amotekun also have a Board which the chairman is Rtd Gen Togun which they are toothless dog. Some interesting fact I saw in the Oyo state Amotekun law 2020.

Section 8 The powers of the Board shall include-
a) setting general policy guidelines for the management of the Agency.

b) setting the administrative guidelines for the conditions and welfare of staff of the Agency.

(c) making recommendations to the Governor on the terms and conditions of employment and remuneration of staff of the Agency

(d) approving programmes of training for members and other staff of the Agency for effectiveness and efficiency in the performance of their functions under this Law.

(e) providing a graded Command structure for the Amotekun Corps.

(f) designing and approving the uniform of the different grades of the Amotekun Corps.

(g) appointing suitable persons as members of the Amotekun Corps.

(h) promoting and disciplining the staff of the Agency.

i) removing or deleting from the register, the name of an Amotekun Corps member if-
(i) the member is unfit to discharge the functions of the Amotekun Corps by reason of infirmity or misconduct; or
(ii) he withdraws in writing, from being a member of the Amotekun Corps.

Section 37 talked about pensions

(1) The Pensions Law, 2007 shall, in its application to any office under Pensions Law. this Law, have effect as if the office were in the Civil Service of the State.

(2) Nothing in this section shall prevent the appointment of a person to any office on terms, which preclude the grant of a pension or gratuity in respect of service in that office.

Section 39 also give the Board to make regulations

1) The Board may make regulations generally for carrying Regulations. into effect the provisions of this Law, including- (a) criteria for the recruitment or enlistment of persons into Amotekun Corps.

c) any necessary regulations to guide the operations of the Agency and ensure the maintenance of discipline among its officers and operatives.

Section 22 talked about check and balance

(1) There shall be an Investigation Unit within the Agency to be entrusted of the Agency. with the internal supervision of the workings and operations of the Agency to ensure its probity and accountability.

(2) The Investigations Unit shall be responsible for checking processes and internal procedures as well as investigating any complaint against Amotekun Corps officers made by members of the public or the Corps.

(3) Upon receipt of a complaint, the Investigations Unit shall, as soon as possible, inform the Independent Amotekun Corps Complaints Committee.

4) The Investigations Unit shall, as soon as practicable, after concluding an investigation on a complaint, transmit a report and recommendations thereof to the Independent Amotekun Corps Complaints Committee and forward a copy of the report and recommendations to the Corps Commander.

If all this section mention above is been implement the Oyo State Amotekun Board, Oyo State Amotekun Corps will be one of the best.

A petition will be send to the Governor and also to the Board through Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) and MUSLIM ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA all shrine most be removed from Amotekun Corps Offices have been to 6 Amotekun offices and it was there the Oyo State Government should look at it and the Board of Amotekun Corps. Shrine can not be use in court of competent jurisdiction to prove beyond reasonable doubt so why is Oyo State Amotekun forcing the member of the public to take oath in shrine? for further investigation you can check some complains on twitter.

(1) (Reply)

EFCC, Oyo State Government In War Of Words Over Arrest Of Its Accountant General / Approved APC National Convention Sub-committees / Why Cant We Fight This Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.