Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,747 members, 7,875,861 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:54 PM

Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union - Foreign Affairs (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union (72089 Views)

Pope Francis Meets With Ukrainian President Zelenskyy At The Vatican (Photos) / Hilarious Videos Of Zelenskyy Before He Became President Of Ukraine (Video) / Who Is Volodymyr Zelenskyy, Europe’s Most Vulnerable President? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 2:20am On Mar 01, 2022
small Ukraine...Guy sharap joor. I was even arguing with a child self. Ordinary Biafra war was 3 years ontop UK and fellow countries, ordinary Afghanistan, almighty USA 20 years. Wars are not fought like that unless he wants to wipe out on city,then you go see real public outcry. Its tedious P..tactical precision things oo

goodheart01:

Day 5 or 6 and Ukraine hasn’t fallen. Shame to your Putin. Russia is truly overrated. If small Ukraine can withstand them I wonder what the whole NATO he’s threatening will do to him
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by Etinosa1234: 2:21am On Mar 01, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

Honestly I wanted to be harsh on you but lemme fem and by cool about this long note. To be frank as spectators like other neutral nations like Switzerland,India and Co.. It's nice that we be objective in our permutations. I don't care if US is advance with whatever or trusting whatever. I dont really listen to people like you that deal on one sided stories like western media..Get the facts on ground, not CNN and Co. Propaganda in war is real...You saw it happen live during Jonathan's loss and Saddam stock piling nuclear weapons and all those Corona virus palava ..I repeat that no single shots will be fired into Russia territories by either US or UK.. na facts no be whether I like Yankee or not

Ohh... So u mean Russia now have the anti bomb vaccine already

Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by bepositive11: 2:21am On Mar 01, 2022
Lemmy123:
Eweeeeeey!

Anything to stop the war, but this Zelensky is a true leader..

By the way, I'm available for your writing and design jobs, see my signature below, thanks

I'm glad someone else on Nairaland can see that he's a great leader. So many are too blind to see it. No wonder Nigeria keeps electing such horrible leaders

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 2:23am On Mar 01, 2022
Is Russia fighting with USA or UK? sending a direct bomb from either countries on behalf of Ukraine,does it sound possible to you from what you can see? be real abeg. Meanwhile pounding of Ukraine dey go down daily and all they do is sanction and send billions and weapons...One bullet them no go shoot enter Russia territory..that's a fact

Etinosa1234:

Ohh... So u mean Russia now have the anti bomb vaccine already
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by Etinosa1234: 2:25am On Mar 01, 2022
Alldew:

If I may ask why do you want the guy killed? Have you had any direct contact with him, as in did he wrong you in any way?
its just pure hatred that's worrying them..

No valid reason
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 2:26am On Mar 01, 2022
Please gerrout... You sabi politics and Buhari is your presidents.. Nigerians and too know ehn meanwhile they know nothing upstairs. they just read one article and come here to brag about it.. Don't flatter yourself boy.. Get a life. You are not from USA or Russia..either be a spectator or shut the f up..don't be a present slave to people who Enslaved your fore father's...did Russia come to Nigeria to enslave us? or took us away in ships...abeg abeg abeg

Gainman:
hmmm what can I say about u. How old are u? I asked because u talked like someone who to like movies and play PS game. They will tear which country? Even US who invaded Iraq or Libya and Afghanistan could not do that. They had a specific mission and they strike their target.
Do u know what they mean by genocide? This is is an international crime. The United Nations will charge him for this not United State. If u don't remember history, go and ask Saddam Hussein in hell. Stylishly don't u realise Putin is turning to be a terrorist. Don't compare this Putin invasion to d US invasion. All d countries invaded by d US was already declared terrorist spot. Is Ukraine a terrorist nation? The US is only waiting for Putin to make a mistake. Not that US is weak. They are using Ukraine to set him up. You these people no sabi politics reason u are hailing Russia. Even let assume Russia was right. Are u telling me Russia alone can face these EU and NATO nations. China in this case will never join Russia in going to war. No countries can afford to waste her human and financial resources in a war again because your own citizens will turn their back against their govt. Is only Putin that doesn't care if he wasn't d lives of its citizens because he is a dictator. Funny enough many Russian are against his invasion. Putin will regret this very soon. Don't let your hatred for US to affect your opinion.
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by Etinosa1234: 2:32am On Mar 01, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

Is Russia fighting with USA or UK? sending a direct bomb from either countries on behalf of Ukraine,does it sound possible to you from what you can see? be real abeg. Meanwhile pounding of Ukraine dey go down daily and all they do is sanction and send billions and weapons...One bullet them no go shoot enter Russia territory..that's a fac

Ukraine is the one being invaded and its expected that they'll be bombed inorder to force them to bulge and surrender...

Ukraine is not part of NATO so it'll be a senseless bloodshed if the US and NATO send their troops and start attacking Russia themselves as their Article 5 only supports NATO members only..

Here it states that an attack on one state is an attack on all NATO states...

If Putin was so sure that he can face the Americans in battle, he'd have been bullying smaller former soviet states that border him like Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania...

Rather he decided to attack Ukraine who don't like Russia bullying them

The reason they sanction is because they are not in support of it and economic sanctions is the best way to pressure Russia to pull out of the war......

Get educated and stop throwing silly points on the internet

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by purplekayc(m): 2:36am On Mar 01, 2022
This guy no dey hear word grin
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by Rick9(m): 2:55am On Mar 01, 2022
Desperate times calls for desperate measures.
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by WarriAproko: 2:57am On Mar 01, 2022
grin i norsend English
goodheart01:

That WarriAproko no even sabi English. Russian indeed my brother
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by IvarDboneless: 3:07am On Mar 01, 2022
Dalil8:

Pakistan, India, Iran, NK are all rallying behind Russia. And they're all nuclear powers.

I just wish Russian forces would capture or kill this Zelensky guy.

It'll send a very strong message to the west. But atm Kyiv is impenetrable, a hard nut to crack.

Kremlin has said its only targeting military formations. Abi you think say if na full war by now anytin like Ukraine go still dey exit...
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by domchike(m): 3:21am On Mar 01, 2022
North Korea is over rated, Belarus, Syria still has internal bleeding, Not sure of China, oga he is alone trust me
tonididdy:
Putin's wrath on Ukraine will take Ukraine over 50yrs to become Ukraine again.

EU or Nato.... Russia is not alone!, very soon the west will know.

Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by Lindodo20: 3:27am On Mar 01, 2022
Scamburster:

All this things you see happening are somehow in chain mode. for instance, I forsee revolution happening in Nigeria very soon, because of price of fuel hike cause by this war as an excuses given by this evil government, and when majority of the masses are fed up with the hardship they would naturally revolt.

Yes Nigeria will likely revolt and split. Those fools in Aso Rock are already planning how to start stealing from right inside people's private bank accounts to fund their luxurious lifestyles.

And when the war gets underway even rice (a staple) will become unaffordable since the bulk of it is shipped in from overseas. The Fula have already occupied the farms so people won't be able to substitute with homegrown alternatives. You're right, Endsars II is inevitable and it's going to split Nigeria at the seams. Anyone who is wise should start building up a stock of food items.

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by HitSong: 3:47am On Mar 01, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Nice one..a new Ukraine.. cheesy
Putin must be so embarrassed and frustrated right now.. cheesy
Ho Poe Nu
grin grin grin grin
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by wink2015(m): 3:47am On Mar 01, 2022
By the time Ukraine join the European union.

Do not expect CHEAP TUITION FEES for African students.

You will have to pay so much to enter Ukraine and to study.

I read with dismay the way some Nigerians was defending Ukraine and condemning Russia and the person of President Vladimir Putin.

Nigerians condemning Russia will still send their children to study in Russia and Belarus because they can not afford to pay their children school fees in Euros in Ukraine as it will be too expensive.

If Ukraine secured EU membership as President Volodymir Zelensky has commenced there will be NO MORE CHEAP AND QUALITATIVE EDUCATION FOR AFRICAN STUDENT.

That is what westernized and brain wash Ukrainian leader might do in Ukraine when they secure membership.

Those Cheap education seeker will now go to Moldova, Belarus and Russia.

Nigeria government will avoid the expensive euro and do more of their trade with Belarus and Russia.

So Ukraine joining the EU will affect Nigerians that are seeking for cheaper and qualitative education.

It will also affect the balance of trade between Nigeria and Ukraine.

Visa to Ukraine will become difficult to secure.

I still support a peaceful settlement of the crisis with all the sanctions that were imposed on Russia immediately lifted.

Putting Sanctions on Russia technically punishes African countries that do business with Russia like Zimbabwe, South Africa, Nigeria etc
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by HitSong: 3:48am On Mar 01, 2022
heniford2:
Fernandezisback can now have her orgasm in its fullness cheesy grin if this happen grin
U dey mind the notice-me
Nonentity wey just dey catch cruise for Nairaland likes grin grin grin
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by kingjizz: 3:59am On Mar 01, 2022
Techguy96:

They have already join eu, and eu is sponsoring this war. US sent weapons worth 300 million dollars to Ukraine yesterday. France is sending anti missile system to Ukraine as we speak. At the end of the day Ukraine might just put Russia to shame, I don't see Russia winning this war.

Russia is just taking it easy on Ukraine,if this peace talk fails you will understand russia very well ,Putin is the smartest and the must feared in the world

He want to first find out country's that will aid Ukraine,he's not stupid
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by EmptyGarden(m): 4:23am On Mar 01, 2022
Amah70:

Putin is nuclear armed.
If this enrages him, the world is on a keg of gunpowder.
Common sense: Ukrainian president shouldn't be doing things that can enrage Putin.
How much longer do you expect the world to tolerate his belligerence simply because he's "nuclear armed"? Personally, I'd like to see his worst once and for all, let's see what's left afterwards. Russia isn't the only Nuclear armed nation, and doesn't have monopoly of violence. We cannot continue to live in fear of a madman.

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by PointZerom: 4:25am On Mar 01, 2022
Dalil8:

Pakistan, India, Iran, NK are all rallying behind Russia. And they're all nuclear powers.

It'll send a very strong message to the west. But atm Kyiv is impenetrable, a hard nut to crack.

I wish you the same as you wish another's president....Amen.
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by subcbouy: 4:30am On Mar 01, 2022
Why wait this long today signing tissue paper just to join EU after Russia has bombarded capital city and his environs.? Organsm
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by ayindejimmy(m): 4:53am On Mar 01, 2022
+
Karleb:
He has chosen the path of destruction.

So what else do you have him do?
Give in to Putin?

Then, tomorrow, Putin comes with another list of demands, then another and another?

Do you assume Putin's demand will end before he turned Ukraine into a slave state?

The guy is taking a bold step at freeing his country

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by alloy123: 4:54am On Mar 01, 2022
Aside from China and Syria which nation will support their madness ....mind you not even China ...Putin and Russia will be like the water in Germany and Adolf Hilter's self suicide moethod.
tonididdy:

Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by ayindejimmy(m): 4:56am On Mar 01, 2022
Justinlean02:
There's a tin line between bravery and stupidity, hope Putin doesn't tear Ukraine apart before they realize what they're playing with such move shocked

+
Karleb:
He has chosen the path of destruction.

So what else do you have him do?
Give in to Putin?

Then, tomorrow, Putin comes with another list of demands, then another and another?

Do you assume Putin's demand will end before he turned Ukraine into a slave state?

The guy is taking a bold step at freeing his country
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by ZUBY77(m): 5:04am On Mar 01, 2022
tonididdy:

The same Way it took South Korea 50 years.
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by benuejosh: 5:09am On Mar 01, 2022
VicM6:
Abeg say ur hand dey stamara ni wey u dey repeats words....nawa o
I am telling you.
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by Le2money(m): 5:12am On Mar 01, 2022
You want a fellow president to be killed just because he didn't lick the ass of another president like you always do to una statue wey dey aso rock abi.....use this thing to dey reason now tongue tongue

Dalil8:

Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by Najdorf: 5:25am On Mar 01, 2022
festacman:
President Putin should note that it is a FATHERLY Russia rather
than a BULLY Russia that will make neighboring countries not to look in the direction of NATO. Bullying and threats will only breed suspicion and contempt among neighbors. Imposing puppets as Presidents will only make the general populace of those countries resent Russia. President Putin made Russia's neighbors enemies rather than friends.

Although this war against Ukraine has sent a "get yourself armed" message to other countries, the only way forward now is for President Putin to clean the slate and gather his diplomatic experts to develop a new approach to relating to neighbors.

If anything, all the members of defunct Soviet Union should be more comfortable and assured in dealing with RUSSIA as a big brother than dealing with EU, USA or NATO.
Putin's puppets here on Nairaland don't want to hear this. They want to believe it's the West desperately chasing them to join NATO.
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by Oddfinder: 5:33am On Mar 01, 2022
Gainman:
So if UK dump EU does that mean it is not EU again. Why u no dey reason right nah. Hating US no allow u people think straight again.
Omo na me love us pass u..no go there.i have being like u before, supporting every propaganda they put out.
But the difference between us is logic. U see, i try to put myself in the shoes of Russia..and damn bro, i will do more..if na me, i no go wait till mpw sef..una de push Ukraine against Russia. Lol..it's easy for u guys to talk sha because the war is not fought on ur soil..all de destructions will happen on Ukraine soil. No single bullet will be fired into Russia..all because u wana join NATO, and the US military and bombs to my door
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by duro4chang(m): 6:18am On Mar 01, 2022
tonididdy:

Like Libya was rebuilt
Like Syria was rebuilt
Like Afghanistan is rebuilding today.

... My guy, Ukraine will be worst than a sanctioned nation by the time Russia is done with her.
As a matter of fact, the aim is to expand Russia. There will be no Ukraine
I hope you will remember what I told you today when the time comes.
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by HRMK: 6:19am On Mar 01, 2022
WHAT A COURAGEOUS MAN!
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by LollySeaSide: 6:27am On Mar 01, 2022
Gainman:
hmmm what can I say about u. How old are u? I asked because u talked like someone who to like movies and play PS game. They will tear which country? Even US who invaded Iraq or Libya and Afghanistan could not do that. They had a specific mission and they strike their target.
Do u know what they mean by genocide? This is is an international crime. The United Nations will charge him for this not United State. If u don't remember history, go and ask Saddam Hussein in hell. Stylishly don't u realise Putin is turning to be a terrorist. Don't compare this Putin invasion to d US invasion. All d countries invaded by d US was already declared terrorist spot. Is Ukraine a terrorist nation? The US is only waiting for Putin to make a mistake. Not that US is weak. They are using Ukraine to set him up. You these people no sabi politics reason u are hailing Russia. Even let assume Russia was right. Are u telling me Russia alone can face these EU and NATO nations. China in this case will never join Russia in going to war. No countries can afford to waste her human and financial resources in a war again because your own citizens will turn their back against their govt. Is only Putin that doesn't care if he wasn't d lives of its citizens because he is a dictator. Funny enough many Russian are against his invasion. Putin will regret this very soon. Don't let your hatred for US to affect your opinion.
You should read before you respond.
Maybe you need to replace your glasses. They've started failing you.
Re: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy Signs Formal Request To Join The European Union by ogwumgbe: 6:42am On Mar 01, 2022
benuejosh:
Before i comment on this, i have a question. Why are the Igbo guys selling Nigerian flags in Ukraine instead of Biafra flags. Every one of them is identifying themselves as a Nigeria. What an irony.

To the post, the Ukraine president na Correct guy. This is as same as grabbing the lion by its balls. It is same as saying the Ukraine president has grabbed the balls of Putin with that action. Will Putin react like a lion or surrender like a man will easily surrender when held by his balls. The days ahead will be interesting.

You have peanut butter for brain and all those that accorded you those likes are pure zombies

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

America's Power Outage: Texas Residents Line-Up To Fetch Water From Borehole / Zuma Protest: South Africans Are Taking Looting To Next Level (Pictures) / Exclusive Graphic Images From Israel By First Responders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.