Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,775 members, 7,930,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 01:31 AM

Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development - Programming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development (14994 Views)

Learning Backend Web Development / What Should I Learn For Backend PHP Or Node.js / Why Is Python Programming So Hard To Understand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by IbroMaka(m): 8:56pm On Mar 03, 2022
There’s only so much you can be taught. Most things can only be learned by doing.

This applies to many things, not just coding.

If there was a skill you could learn online at a low cost or even free, without a college degree.... And that skill was required by every big company out there, and that skill could pay you six to seven figures monthly

This skill do exist: it's called coding.

LEARN TO WRITE AND PRACTICE CODES EVERY DAY!!!

Think9ja:
Who can mentor me in this programming adventure?
While it is so easy for others to just go on Youtube and become experts, same cannot be said of me.
I visit youtube almost on a daily basis but i just don't get it.

Where can i use the h1 in my page? Examples of h1 tag in some websites
How can i layout my page the way I want it? Like, how do i make some things to appear on any position i want whether left or right? What goes where?

Most of the videos i see just explain a concept, give an example on VS Code, check it on chrome and that's all. When next they want to explain another concept, they'll erase the earlier one and explain the new one and so on.
Can someone pls direct me to a tutorial where a website was built from scratch to finish?

i really need to learn how to code.
I would have gone to a coding bootcamp but i don't have the means.

Someone should pls, volunteer and help me acquire this LIFE changing skill

Thanks
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Playermayweda(m): 9:05pm On Mar 03, 2022
Think9ja:
While it is so easy for others to just go on Youtube and become experts, same cannot be said of me.

How can i layout my page the way I want it? Like, how do i make some things to appear on any position i want whether left or right? What goes where?

Most of the videos i see just explain a concept, give an example on VS Code, check it on chrome and that's all. When next they want to explain another concept, they'll erase the earlier one and explain the new one and so on.
Can someone pls direct me to a tutorial where a website was built from scratch to finish?

Thanks

Use Sololearn and mimo together, they are mobile apps, search w3schools, and take lessons there
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Tiztonio(m): 9:05pm On Mar 03, 2022
Is Udemy a good place to learn from basic to advanced?
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by IbroMaka(m): 9:06pm On Mar 03, 2022
Holymann:
I just resumed my python lessons after some time out, just want to know if python is a good language for backed web development or am I better of learning PHP or NodeJS instead?

I am a developer who uses JavaScript, Python and many other programming tools.

You should know learning HTML & CSS is probably the best way to get started in web development

Very quickly you’ll be able to see something real you created using code in the browser!

Why should you learn JavaScript?

*It's the language of the web.
*Required on the frontend.
*Can be used on the backend.
*The only language that lets you build websites end to end.

In 2021, it's virtually required knowledge of many companies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by alcuin(m): 9:13pm On Mar 03, 2022
benalvino3:

Node js is not js.

Omo. LMAO!
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Playermayweda(m): 9:36pm On Mar 03, 2022
Iretii0511:

You guys like creating confusion that does not exist anywhere. It's like saying because Chrome uses V8 writing in C++, Then React is not JS.

What language do you use in Node.js? Are codes writen using Node not JS, or are they no longer server side?
You said JS is mostly used for frontend, so codes sitting in Node.js are no longer JS because NODE is a runtime engine?

Node.JS is not js, But it literally had js as it's file extension
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by stephinnoyewole(m): 9:36pm On Mar 03, 2022
promisedeco:
I've been in the programming field for some time. So here is my submission:

I can't say much about node.js cos I'm not a JS fan (sad).

Does it implies one can create a website without js?
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Ayomipoe(m): 9:42pm On Mar 03, 2022
Depends.
C# Blazor.
Python has brython
Rust Tauri
But why would you not want to use JS for the frontend?
stephinnoyewole:

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Ayomipoe(m): 9:49pm On Mar 03, 2022
Nodejs is not JS?
JS = Language i.e python, c#, c, ruby
Nodejs = Runtime engine i.e jre, deno
Both of you know what you are talking about, why are you arguing about the english.
Playermayweda:

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by promisedeco(m): 9:59pm On Mar 03, 2022
stephinnoyewole:

Possibly.
But not being a JS fan does not mean I don't know anything about it. I know the very basics I need and jQuery too.
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Playermayweda(m): 10:03pm On Mar 03, 2022
Ayomipoe:
Nodejs is not JS?
JS = Language i.e python, c#, c, ruby
Nodejs = Runtime engine i.e jre, deno
Both of you know what you are talking about, why are you arguing about the english.

But it's written in JavaScript and it's a JavaScript runtime, but it's not JavaScript
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by abiolamitodun(m): 10:11pm On Mar 03, 2022
fineboynl:
Nairaland is on python. Just see how backwards it it. Just imagine if it's on php laravel
i think its on ASP
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Iretii0511(m): 10:18pm On Mar 03, 2022
benalvino3:

Its you that wants to confuse yourself. There is JAVA and there is JAVA runtime environment JRE. They are not the same thing.

Node.js is a runtime environment. Know the difference.

React, angularJs etc. Are all frameworks of JavaScript and Node.js is not. Just as how you have pho frameworks laravel and symphony.

You don't know what you are talking about. You said JS is mostly used for frontend, and my answer to that was Node.js says hi not so?

Nose.js is not a programming language. It's a javascript runtime environment. It gives JS a large chunk of server side programming for you to come tell me JS is mostly used for frontend.

A little google search will show you that JS is a major backend language with the advent of Node. There are lots of things JS does far better than your favourite backend language. So it's ignorance that made you classify JS as mostly used as a frontend language.
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Ayomipoe(m): 10:28pm On Mar 03, 2022

Node.js - Wikipediahttps://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Node
Node.js is an open-source, cross-platform, back-end JavaScript runtime environment that runs on the V8 engine and executes JavaScript code outside a web ...
Written in: C, ‎C++‎, ‎JavaScript
Playermayweda:

But it's written in JavaScript and it's a JavaScript runtime, but it's not JavaScript
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Iretii0511(m): 10:48pm On Mar 03, 2022
Playermayweda:

Wait a minute, where did I claim Node.js is a programming language? Node.js is simply put, a machine that understand JS just like your browsers. It's an environment in which JS runs.

With that said, JS works as both server side and client side programming language. It's only ignorant people that will classify JS as a client side scripting language in 2022.

You want a super fast I/O product, I bet there are few that can compete with Node today. Take that to the bank.
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Missionaire: 11:01pm On Mar 03, 2022
airsaylongcome:

WordPress and it's widespread use and ease of deployment on cPanel will keep PHP alive for some time. Yes PHP maybe dying but it's death won't be so quick. Not while WP is still the behemoth of CMS

Yeah... Same with Moodle and Magento.
I think the OP should first determine what he wants to do in the long run. Programming Languages are just tools and you use tools based on task and not sentiments.
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by cringeAlpha: 11:43pm On Mar 03, 2022
Just because something can do a particular task doesn't mean it's the right fit. Dude, go for PHP. It was built for the web and made for it and nothing else. You'll thank your stars later.
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by benalvino3: 11:49pm On Mar 03, 2022
airsaylongcome:

OK. This conversation is regressing into a fisticuff of PHP v Python and I'm not going to be sucked into that.

Your statement or question:
statement that Python websites are slower?

I just told you its true. That's all.
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by MoiMoiMafia: 3:32am On Mar 04, 2022
Dkdj
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Perfectbeing(m): 5:49am On Mar 04, 2022
Think9ja:

Thanks
Read Headfirst HTML and CSS. You can download the PDF online. Just started learning a web dev skill this year. And that's the book I'm using.
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by eventainment(m): 8:15am On Mar 04, 2022
I happen to learn Django(python) and nodejs.
If you want to complete a project in quicker time Django can do that well.
PHP and Django are similar in terms of processing data as they run on multithreads unlike node that runs on a single thread
For web socket technology and webrtc nodejs champions this cause for Django you'd have to learn channels to achieve that.
Django comes by default with its admin dashboard and lot of things are automated just like ruby on rails.
Django and flask are beautiful for webaps that got artificial intelligence or data science project.
Lastly if you want to earn faster learn PHP
Cause nearly all Nigerian projects were either stolen scripts from codecanyon or bought. All all full stack jobs always have a laravel/ PHP backend integration in Nigeria. And wit PHP you have a market places you can write your scrips and sell for cash
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by sagieramos(m): 1:09pm On Mar 04, 2022
benalvino3:

It depends on if you want to be fullstack or not.

If you want to do front end then you know its html, css and Jscript.

For back end I will say look at the job market and what is trending.

Personally I would say go ASP.NET which means you have to know c# and if you know c# you know JAVA and when you know c# you can easily make windows app, android and ios apps, web applications etc. You just need to learn the framework for what you want to build. But if you go php you are stock to just websites. Python has many applications as well... Website is just one of them.

.NET framework can now interact with javascript codes etc.

So it depends on you and what you want to do.

My first application on .NET ran on windows pc and xbox and my windows phone. It was a movie app like popcorn time. Then I moved from that to web application. I made the same movie application.

Thank you
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by lafiagi007: 1:35pm On Mar 04, 2022
February30:

can python communicate well with html as php does?
Yes na, if you want a monolith Django/Flask does it, which companies are trying to move away from to decoupled architecture.
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by stephinnoyewole(m): 9:29pm On Mar 05, 2022
I've been learning vigorously, I will be glad to have some of the bosses here as my mentors, someone who will guide me, monitor and give tasks to accomplish
I will be grateful... THANKS
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by stephinnoyewole(m): 1:42pm On Mar 08, 2022
Ayomipoe:
Depends.
C# Blazor.
Python has brython
Rust Tauri
But why would you not want to use JS for the frontend?
Yh! I'm learning it... But need mentor like seriously
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Think9ja(m): 7:15pm On Mar 08, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Read Headfirst HTML and CSS. You can download the PDF online. Just started learning a web dev skill this year. And that's the book I'm using.

Give me the link to the book please
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Perfectbeing(m): 9:26pm On Mar 08, 2022
Think9ja:

Give me the link to the book please

https://www.pdfdrive.com/head-first-html-and-css-a-learners-guide-to-creating-standards-based-web-pages-e158237724.html

When you are done with it, you can read the head first JavaScript..
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Think9ja(m): 10:14pm On Mar 08, 2022
Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Couzy21(m): 10:32pm On Mar 14, 2022
Golan007:

MVC you mean?
it's MVT
Model View Template, the view in Django is the controller in other stacks

1 Like

Re: Is Python A Good Language For Backend Web Development by Eriokanmi: 5:32pm On Aug 29, 2022
wellrounded:

Greetings to you.
I'll like to know more about your educational background
hi. You sent me a pm which I hardly respond to. Pls can you share your thoughts here? I can remove our conversation later. Tnx

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Categories Of Programmers (by Areas Of Expertise) / Please Can You Recommend A Good Computer ICT Training Center? / Ogun State Traims 200 Trained In Python Programming Language

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.