Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,291 members, 7,887,858 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:17 PM

Man Divorces His Wife Because Of Excessive Demands! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Divorces His Wife Because Of Excessive Demands! (646 Views)

Katsina Man Divorces Wife For Allowing Male Doctor Attend To Her During Delivery / Doctor Divorces His Beauty Queen Wife After Discovering She's A Secret Call Girl / Man Divorces Wife And Marries The Maid In Zambia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Divorces His Wife Because Of Excessive Demands! by AFONAMARO: 12:49pm On Mar 01, 2022
Court grants man’s divorce request because wife ‘too demanding’
"Each time I tell her I can’t meet her demands, she threatens to commit suicide."
ByAgency Report February 24, 2022 1 min read

An Igando Customary Court in Lagos on Thursday granted the divorce prayer of Adeola Ajatoye on grounds that his wife, Chottia, was ”greedy and demanding”.

Mr Ajatoye, who resides on Afeez Eyinileaso St., Akesan, Lagos, approached the court on December 14, 2021, praying for divorce on grounds that his wife was materialistic.

Delivering judgment, the President of the Court, Koledoye Adeniyi, held that it was unfortunate that the respondent never appeared in court for the hearing otherwise the court would have conducted an Alternative Dispute Resolution between the couple.

”The court would have made attempts to reconcile the couple in the interest of the only child and also the couple still being young.

“If the evidence of the petitioner is anything to go by, then it is unreasonable to encourage him to stay in the marriage. More so, there is no more love between the couple, their marriage is of no use and is baseless.

“In view of the foregoing, the court has come to the conclusion that the marriage between the petitioner and the respondent has broken beyond retrieve and therefore the dissolution of the marriage shall succeed,” he said.

He ruled that the petitioner be granted custody of the only child.

READ ALSO: Court grants divorce to woman abandoned for 8 years
The president of the court also ordered that the respondent should be allowed to move her belongings from their matrimonial home peacefully without any problems.

Earlier in his petition, Mr Ajatoye said: ”my wife makes too many demands on me that I cannot meet.

”Each time I tell her I can’t meet her demands, she threatens to commit suicide. She sells our household items anytime I fail to give her money.

”She also uses our only daughter as bait to have her way.” he said. (NAN)

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/513548-court-grants-mans-divorce-request-because-wife-too-demanding.html
Re: Man Divorces His Wife Because Of Excessive Demands! by Totilopussylick(m): 12:53pm On Mar 01, 2022
tongue
Re: Man Divorces His Wife Because Of Excessive Demands! by donbachi(m): 1:00pm On Mar 01, 2022
Some will demand destiny join.
Re: Man Divorces His Wife Because Of Excessive Demands! by Haakeem(m): 1:07pm On Mar 01, 2022
He made a right decision.

1 Like

Re: Man Divorces His Wife Because Of Excessive Demands! by Kobojunkie: 4:16pm On Mar 01, 2022
AFONAMARO:
”The court would have made attempts to reconcile the couple in the interest of the only child and also the couple still being young.

“If the evidence of the petitioner is anything to go by, then it is unreasonable to encourage him to stay in the marriage. More so, there is no more love between the couple, their marriage is of no use and is baseless.

“In view of the foregoing, the court has come to the conclusion that the marriage between the petitioner and the respondent has broken beyond retrieve and therefore the dissolution of the marriage shall succeed,” he said.

He ruled that the petitioner be granted custody of the only child.
The president of the court also ordered that the respondent should be allowed to move her belongings from their matrimonial home peacefully without any problems.
Earlier in his petition, Mr Ajatoye said: ”my wife makes too many demands on me that I cannot meet.
”Each time I tell her I can’t meet her demands, she threatens to commit suicide. She sells our household items anytime I fail to give her money.
”She also uses our only daughter as bait to have her way.” he said. (NAN)
Poor man! Poor child!
Re: Man Divorces His Wife Because Of Excessive Demands! by Richy4(m): 6:25pm On Mar 01, 2022
Igando my most favourite weird customary court is back grin

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Igando Customary Court Biased Against Men / Whatsapp Messages / House Clearance Sales.(SOLD OUT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.