Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,131 members, 7,880,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:37 PM

Writing Clauses For Your Agreement. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Writing Clauses For Your Agreement. (116 Views)

Your Thought On Companies Asking For A Collateral/binding Agreement B4 Employmnt / How Do I Report My Employer For Breach of agreement / I Was Asked To Sign Non Disclosure Agreement For A Job I Got (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Writing Clauses For Your Agreement. by Cleo18: 1:16pm On Mar 01, 2022
Few weeks back, I shared a story of a friend who gives out keke napep to riders and how one of the riders threatened to have seized the keke over minor misunderstanding. Although, at least the keke napep was retrieved by the owner and the rider came begging for days. From the whole issue, everyone's opinion fell back on the agreement had. I was privileged to see the agreement recently and I must confess, I need to enlighten people who want to make an agreement.

Every lawyer is a business man, just looking for money to offset their bills, so they would always be at your service and might even force you against your will. In as much as they can guide you, I appeal you be the one to state most of the clauses you would want in your agreement if you are leasing any of your property to someone. From the agreement prepared by a lawyer for my friend which I read, it was just too latent and there were not much clauses favorable to my friend at all.

I asked him if he had ever read the clauses, he said no. I asked who drafted it, he said the lawyer. That's it, There were lot of loopholes in the agreement such that the riders would be advantaged and could insult or threaten my friend, no consequence for such based on the agreement.

Going forward, I would advise before a lawyer prepares an agreement for you, please first sit down, think deep and write down your DOs and your DON'Ts. Yes, in writing an agreement, you have to be sentimental in your favor, it is your property and you are the one to state the rules you want to guide it.

I just bought a property recently and from the lessons learned from my friend's mistake, I drafted the clauses of the agreement myself and I am very satisfied with it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Real Estate Officer Needed / Nigeria Launching 5G By 2022 – Pantami / Experienced Estate Surveyors Wanted Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.