Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,795 members, 7,930,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 05:47 AM

Significance Of Anklets, Waistbeads & Nose Rings - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Significance Of Anklets, Waistbeads & Nose Rings (334 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Significance Of Anklets, Waistbeads & Nose Rings by BlacIntrovert22(m): 9:21pm On Mar 01, 2022
Can someone please enlighten me on the significance, and use of Anklets, Waist beads, as well as Nose rings by ladies.

Is it merely for fashion?
Does it carry any traditional meaning, and is it in any way diabolical?

Guys and ladies in the know, pls feel free to come in here and air your views as this will be highly appreciated.
Re: Significance Of Anklets, Waistbeads & Nose Rings by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 04, 2022
All of the above are not new in Africa. Our ancestors used them
It can be traditional and also for fashion. Also can be diabolical since you used that word but bear in mind anything can be fortified for the user’s protection or used for evil against other people.
Re: Significance Of Anklets, Waistbeads & Nose Rings by BlacIntrovert22(m): 5:12am On Mar 15, 2022
Sweetbloom:
All of the above are not new in Africa. Our ancestors used them
It can be traditional and also for fashion. Also can be diabolical since you used that word but bear in mind anything can be fortified for the user’s protection or used for evil against other people.

Thanks 4 your comment, I agree that those ostentatious objects are not new, but as
an African, I have also come to the understanding that most of these objective have notable meanings/significance attached to them & if only people would make an effort to research a little more they probably would have seen the folly of a certain level they have been exhibiting.
I read on the front page this morning about a lady losing a job offer (a well paying one at that simply because she wore am anklet to the interview). What most people consider the norm might not actually be right just as I learnt from reading so many sensible comments & responses on that thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/7029076/lady-denied-employment-because-leg

(1) (Reply)

Hookup For Marriage Platform / Hook Up Special / How My Beautiful Girlfriend Ruined Our Relationship With Her Very Big Bum – Angr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.