Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,867 members, 7,889,902 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:31 AM

Our Ordeal:newly-wedded Couple Narrates Seeing ‘hell’ In Hoodlums’ Hideout - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Our Ordeal:newly-wedded Couple Narrates Seeing ‘hell’ In Hoodlums’ Hideout (945 Views)

Help!!! My Newly Wedded Wife Urinates On Bed Everyday / His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him / Newly Wedded Nairalander Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Ordeal:newly-wedded Couple Narrates Seeing ‘hell’ In Hoodlums’ Hideout by henrykim: 2:27pm On Jun 28, 2011
Sunday Nwaizu and his wife, Caro, will not forget Sunday, June 19, 2011 in a hurry. It was a day of tears and blood for the newly-married couple as they escaped death by the whiskers from the hands of hoodlums who showed them hell at the Jibowu railway line, Lagos Mainland.Nwaizu recalled that he was returning from the East where he had gone to pick his new wife. The man who doctors are battling to save his life at a private hospital in Yaba said he and his wife had come back to Lagos with an early morning bus.He said they left Onitsha at about 10.30 pm on Saturday and the journey was so smooth until they arrived Ore, Ondo State around 2 am before the driver claimed he had information that armed robbers were operating on the highway and decided they should stop.He said at about 3.30 am, the driver told them that the information about the robbery claim was false and decided to resume the journey. Nwaizu said they arrived Lagos safely and some passengers alighted at the Berger and Ojota bus stops while the couple continued, READ MORE ON THIS LINK, http://www.shapshap.com/News/News.aspx?NewsItemID=13142
Re: Our Ordeal:newly-wedded Couple Narrates Seeing ‘hell’ In Hoodlums’ Hideout by tpia5: 3:29pm On Jun 28, 2011
Why not post the whole story here.
Re: Our Ordeal:newly-wedded Couple Narrates Seeing ‘hell’ In Hoodlums’ Hideout by chillbabe(f): 5:23am On Jun 29, 2011
OUR ORDEAL:Newly-wedded couple narrates seeing ‘hell’ in hoodlums’ hideout
6/28/2011 12:00:00 AM
⁠Sunday Nwaizu and his wife, Caro, will not forget Sunday, June 19, 2011 in a hurry. It was a day of tears and blood for the newly-married couple as they escaped death by the whiskers from the hands of hoodlums who showed them hell at the Jibowu railway line, Lagos Mainland.Nwaizu recalled that he was returning from the East where he had gone to pick his new wife. The man who doctors are battling to save his life at a private hospital in Yaba said he and his wife had come back to Lagos with an early morning bus.He said they left Onitsha at about 10.30 pm on Saturday and the journey was so smooth until they arrived Ore, Ondo State around 2 am before the driver claimed he had information that armed robbers were operating on the highway and decided they should stop.He said at about 3.30 am, the driver told them that the information about the robbery claim was false and decided to resume the journey. Nwaizu said they arrived Lagos safely and some passengers alighted at the Berger and Ojota bus stops while the couple continued with the vehicle until they arrived their destination, Jibowu. According to him, when they arrived Jibowu at about 5.00 am, there was no sign that hoodlums were attacking early morning travellers and workers.He said he and his wife decided to take a short cut through the railway line to Moshalashi in Mushin.It was an exercise that nearly cost him and his wife their lives as they met some hoodlums who were armed with dangerous weapons and smoking in the darkness. He said he heard a coax voice reeling out orders that “we should stop and hands up” and he became confused whether to run or not but that his instinct warned him to obey the brigandage as they may be carrying guns. Nwaizu said they were surrounded and being grilled.He said when the hoodlums requested for money, he told them his predicament on how he has exhausted all his money in the village. “They asked me to chose between my wife and money.” The man who was coughing out cake of blood said: “When I insisted that I had only N500 on me, two of them grabbed my wife and started stripping her and at that instance that I warned that I must not live to watch them rape my wife.”He said immediately he made the utterances, the hoodlums started inflicting him with machete cuts. “They were cutting me without mercy and I temporarily passed out and later regained consciousness so, whatever that they did to my wife, I can’t tell but the rest is history.”The man who decried the state of insecurity in the Lagos metropolis said he wondered why the police and the vigilance groups did not intervene even when he was shouting on top of his voice calling for assistance.”On her part, Caro said on the Saturday they were embarking on the ill-fated journey that rubbished the wedding ceremony they did, she had earlier warned her husband against night journey but he did not listen.She said she had refused travelling with him until her in-laws persuaded her to travel along with her husband.Caro, who is also nursing an injury, said at Ore when the bus driver raised the alarm that robbers were operating on the road, she warned her husband that they should wait at Ore till the following day.She said: “As soon as the driver announced again hat the information about the robbery was false, “my husband advised we should continue the journey, I wanted to object but when I remembered what his family would say, I followed him.”The lady who said she was abused by the hoodlums even after brutalizing her husband, blamed him for their ordeal. “ I am not blaming him that we were attacked but I am blaming him because he had no serious business to do in Lagos that day. He is a businessman and he is on his own. Now, see how we have ended up in Lagos. The attackers rubbished our honeymoon.”She said it was in the hospital that she learnt that two factions of street urchins popularly called “area boys” from Mushin and Fadeyi were fighting. She also learnt that they were not the only victims that suffered casualty. She wants Governor Babatunde Fashola (SAN) to prevail on the police to beef up security in Mushin and Fadeyi areas.⁠
Re: Our Ordeal:newly-wedded Couple Narrates Seeing ‘hell’ In Hoodlums’ Hideout by tpia5: 5:26am On Jun 29, 2011
lord have mercy. shocked
Re: Our Ordeal:newly-wedded Couple Narrates Seeing ‘hell’ In Hoodlums’ Hideout by Osama10(m): 5:35am On Jun 29, 2011
I wouldn't advice my enemy to travel at night.
Re: Our Ordeal:newly-wedded Couple Narrates Seeing ‘hell’ In Hoodlums’ Hideout by obowunmi(m): 7:42am On Jun 29, 2011
Too many Nigerians suffer from mental illness.

(1) (Reply)

A Question For The Married Men! / Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 19 Years / Lets Help Her She Needs Our Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.