Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,550 members, 7,972,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 10:40 PM

I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband (56889 Views)

About To Divorce My Husband Who Sponsored Me In School. / I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible / Time To Divorce My Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Romanoff(f): 8:18am On Mar 03, 2022
BrickDevo:

She must have noticed it, but ignored it, or maybe they didn't date, never thought that their small fling would lead to pregnancy then marriage, the baby was unplanned too.

I'm telling you, it's possible for her to not have noticed.

Do you let your gf check your phone and do you tell her about all your financial transactions?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 03, 2022
I just read the Headline only ! .......
But em no dey Nackk well ni undecided undecided undecided

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 03, 2022
SmartyPants:

She clearly said she is pregnant.
sorry...
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 03, 2022
AntiTerrorists:
you didn't tell us whether you are pregnant or not

If no, I feel that's your reason..but you just don't want to say
you didn't read well before commenting.
Besides, as a man, you are supposed to make money and save money for yourself first before thinking of sharing with your partner, parents or loved ones.
So, what's your assumption here?
If at all your shallow reason, is because you don't want to share with your pregnant wife?
What stop you from saving it for yourself? Why gambling with everything?

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Odidigboigbo(m): 8:20am On Mar 03, 2022
When he was taking you around the town eating Isi Ewu, Nkwobi, pepper soup and Shawarma, you didn't see him as irresponsible, is now you observed that. When a decent guy, that has plan and rational reasoning before spending came your way, you termed him stingy. Please deal with your wahala, marriage is for better for worst.

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Ezeelect1977: 8:20am On Mar 03, 2022
Talk to your husband and give him two options to chose one.

1) To stop gambling OR You go for divorce

Believe me when he see that you are serious he must surely change.
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:20am On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:
I recently discovered my husband has an addiction and I can't stay married to him.
As soon as money enters his hand, he starts funding some online app and start gambling.
We got married last year Nov.
We have needs and plans we agreed to achieve before the end of March. Which a better accommodation is one of our first goal. Our present accommodation is not ok at all.
On my own part, I'm saving to meet up with our Target, but I discovered, he has nothing. He collected contributions last month, over 200k. All that money wasted. He can't account for it.
January salary has entered, he has started wasting it again.

I'm expecting him to provide 300k at the end of this month. So, that when I sum it with mine, we can have over 600k. Get a decent accommodation and invest the rest.
We need to plan, save for our baby, but his attitude with money is not encouraging me.
The truth is, my husband is stressing me for lack of accountability.

Pls, how do I go about a peaceful divorce? I'm confused, because I'm pregnant.

All the things I'm seeing him do, suffocate me.
What do I do?
Pls, advise me.

Nah now you know say him de gamble?

The society pushed you into this marriage, you wanted a child and wanted to be called Mrs X. Now you have the child and will retain Mrs X , you are ready to call it quits .

Good luck

1 Like

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by tomzyELNINO: 8:21am On Mar 03, 2022
First of all, to think of divorce just 4 months after marriage shows you are not matured yet for marriage. Marriage is all about sacrifice where you commit yourself to tolerate your partner for life. Maybe you thought it is like Zeeworld. Please wake up to reality. If you leave him and marry another person, you will still leave that one too in a short time. That's why you have the courtship period to see whatever character of your partner that you cannot cope with, and then you decide whether to go on with marriage or not.

Having said that, the solution. First of all, get that idea of divorce out of your head. If you go on with divorce, you will see reasons to divorce the next person you marry, and then the next, and the next. So divorce is no option. The solution is for you both to first sit down and talk. If he doesn't change, then go for counseling, most preferably to someone you know he respects too much. Might be Your pastor, his parents or a mentor. Just don't involve your own parents.

You will both be fine after that, I assure you.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Ulunne777(f): 8:22am On Mar 03, 2022
Ppl who said you shouldn't worry about it are wicked ppl.
What to do
1.Discuss with him .If he is willing to work on it,he should allow you to monitor his finances since you are the more prudent type.

If he doesn't .Pls have a plan B.Save save save and face front .After your baby ,pls Lee nkwucha.as in family planning.Don't allow pregnancy happen again that is if you choose to remain.

I have experienced it though mine is a cheerful giver.very cheerful but now I keep our money and only transfer to his account what we feel he needs.
If not you are on a long sorrowful journey.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Emaprince: 8:23am On Mar 03, 2022
Mercychen:
That is why they are always looking for a working class lady who can bring to the table so they can continue gambling and spending their own money recklessly. You better dump his ass.

You don't need to go through all that stress of divorcing him because that will drain you mentally and physically except you plan to remarry which is not advisable as most of them are the same. So, just secretly get a place for yourself and unborn child and leave him without warning, before you lose your sanity.

When he's ready to leave the singlehood lifestyle and become a responsible husband, he can come for his family. Otherwise, forget about him. Life is too sweet to let one person keep you in sorrow all the days of your life.

Marriage is overhypped, especially in this generation of overgrown babies in men's skin.
She should should move to one place and be collecting diick from random dudes..until the man is ready to carry her damaged pusssy back abi?

This OP is not ready. What if he is a chronic womaniser? What if he is an abuser? You think there is many better men out there? Every one has their demon.

No advice for you. Quit your marriage and live just the way you want.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:24am On Mar 03, 2022
Nicepoker:
Says an unmarried E Newspaper. She should leave without notice so you can take her place right?
...Lol. Very funny. She doesn't even know the op so how can she go and take her place?
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by nonstan(m): 8:24am On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:
I recently discovered my husband has an addiction and I can't stay married to him.
As soon as money enters his hand, he starts funding some online app and start gambling.
We have needs and plans we agreed to achieve before the end of March. Which a better accommodation is one of our first goal. Our present accommodation is not ok at all.
On my own part, I'm saving to meet up with our Target, but I discovered, he has nothing. He collected contributions last month, over 200k. All that money wasted. He can't account for it.

I'm expecting him to provide 300k at the end of this month. So, that when I sum it with mine, we can have over 600k. Get a decent accommodation and invest the rest.
We need to plan, save for our baby, but his attitude with money is not encouraging me.

What do I do?
Pls, advise me.

Hi Dear, I feel your pain but don’t take the easy route of running away from your problem, I won’t blame you for not noticing during courtship, love is blind. But what’s the guarantee that the next person won’t have another issue or maybe a womanizer.

Stop running away, get him help by means of counseling and also let him have another addiction like online studies or something.

Lastly, move out of that estate because he needs a change of environment and that will help him loose some negative friends.

My point here is for you to not just give up because of small issue.. it means you can’t deal with marriage

1 Like

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Ulunne777(f): 8:25am On Mar 03, 2022
The men who are blaming this lady are still the ones who'd say.
1.She's asking how much I earn
She's asking how much is in my account.
My phone is a private property
What are you bringing to the table.

Until of happens to your sister,y'all like to give advice as if you came alone to this world.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by sterlingD(m): 8:25am On Mar 03, 2022
Ulunne777:
Ppl who said you shouldn't worry about it are wicked ppl.
What to do
1.Discuss with him .If he is willing to work on it,he should allow you to monitor his finances since you are the more prudent type.

If he doesn't .Pls have a plan B.Save save save and face front .After your baby ,pls Lee nkwucha.as in family planning.Don't allow pregnancy happen again that is if you choose to remain.

l have experienced it though mine is a cheerful giver.very cheerful but now I keep our money and only transfer to his account what we feel he needs.
If not you are on a long sorrowful journey
To the OP reflect on the above and bold l think this can bring some sanity and pave way for stability.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Kennyprince: 8:25am On Mar 03, 2022
This is not enough reason for divorce. It's just a challenge and I think it can be handled/solved.

You both shd talk about it
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by NaughtyBrainiac: 8:25am On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:

What do I do?
Pls, advise me.
Is that the only issue you have with him? If you are pleased with every other thing, I will advise you to play a smart one.

I believe you should be able to talk to your husband as friends.

Tell him you are interested in his gambling. Interested in the sense that you will help him keep track of his total investment and returns weekly.

Don't castigate him, show genuine interest. Be his Account Officer and watch how he will be more responsible about his gambling and probably stop gambling completely.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Jackanda1(m): 8:26am On Mar 03, 2022
Gambling, like any other addiction is destructive and difficult to break, but why give up on him so early? If he's willing to quit, then stay, guide and support him.
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by hush15: 8:26am On Mar 03, 2022
baby124:
He can’t change. If you continue, just prepare to assume most responsibilities with him more than likely robbing you of the little you have. They will keep telling you to endure, he will use ego and probably violence to shut you up, while you wallow in poverty. I have seen this case like 3 times.

The way people behave around money is so crucial in marriage. Some people are addicted to money. They get a high from getting money they did not work for, spending it lavishly and repeat. It’s best you let him as an adult decide if he wants to continue messing up his life or choosing his family. You need a lot of luck if you stay.

I concur but she can also consider talking to someone the hubby respects so well on this issue to counsel the hubby. Could be parent, church elder or siblings. While hoping for the best, she should prepare for the worse cos she needs to understand she already goofed by not noticing this early enough when she could still walk away. She should just keep saving and do the little she can do in a respectful way, no bruising egos n throwing tantrums. The coming kid might just be the game changer too. Walking out of marriage should always be you last line of defence cos I would be lying if I say you must die there.
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 03, 2022
He's not only gambling. Trust me, he's also in a huge debt.

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Lamasta(m): 8:26am On Mar 03, 2022
Mercychen:
That is why they are always looking for a working class lady who can bring to the table so they can continue gambling and spending their own money recklessly. You better dump his ass.

You don't need to go through all that stress of divorcing him because that will drain you mentally and physically except you plan to remarry which is not advisable as most of them are the same. So, just secretly get a place for yourself and unborn child and leave him without warning, before you lose your sanity.

When he's ready to leave the singlehood lifestyle and become a responsible husband, he can come for his family. Otherwise, forget about him. Life is too sweet to let one person keep you in sorrow all the days of your life.

Marriage is overhypped, especially in this generation of overgrown babies in men's skin.
You people will be dishing out advise that you yourself cannot follow

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 03, 2022
Ezeelect1977:
Talk to your husband and give him two options to chose one.

1) To stop gambling OR You go for divorce

Believe me when he see that you are serious he must surely change.
I've talked to him about that.
But he said he has changed and we shouldn't mentioned divorce in our home. But he didn't change. Because even last night before I post this, I saw debit alert from those sites in his phone. He made the transaction yesterday.

I doubt if those confession and repentance was from his heart.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Ladycewhy(f): 8:27am On Mar 03, 2022
Drug addicts, drunkards, gamblers, you see these people, they will drain you and possibly sink you with them.

I have real life examples of a gambler and a drunkard. I have seen how the wives and kids of these men struggled emotionally , psychologically, financially.

Some people will tell you it will get better,some will tell you to pray ,some will tell you it's treatable.

Hmmm. Sigh, it's sad you didn't notice it on time. My sister, I will not sugar coat it, if under 4 months things are like this, it won't get better.But hey, yours can be that one in a million cases that turned out good,you never can tell ,hope they say is the only miracle of the poor and down trodden.

If you feel you are assistant Jesus Christ,you can try and save him, but be ready to loose your soul ,sanity,peace and happiness in the process.

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:

What do I do?
Pls, advise me.

aunty Don't divorce him. Your husband needs sense and financial management.

Download and play these messages let him listen to it. "The wealthy place (1-3), "Financial Dominion (1-4)" the power to get wealth, formula for wealth and abundance (1-4), the welfare dimension of kingdom wealth" all by Apostle Joshua Selma
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by deavicky(m): 8:27am On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:

What do I do?
Pls, advise me.
you are an idiot. You just got married November and u are thinking of divorce in less that 4 months. What I see here is an over possessive woman who will ruin here husband if she does not change her attitude.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Simplelion: 8:28am On Mar 03, 2022
Mercychen:

dam!! they don finish this one kpatapka......

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by saintobing: 8:28am On Mar 03, 2022
Madam just pray for ur husband and pls stop thinking of divorcing him. God bless ur home
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by lexxwiz(m): 8:28am On Mar 03, 2022
loosingfaith519:

What do I do?
Pls, advise me.

Truth be told, this sounds exactly familiar. I have a friend who did his white wedding December, boy dude can gamble with every penny he has.. truthfully, he’s a very close friend, I’ve often asked him why he takes so much risk gambling, he unfailingly lists out the problems on the table, then tell me his total balance and lastly asks me, “e no solve anything” this is the only way out. Lol. Cool guy I must say.

I don’t have solutions to the problems he has so I try my hardest not to be a motivational speaker.

Don’t leave your husband, you’re pregnant, you have house issues, one or two debts here and there, your emotions are all over the place. Take a deep breathe!!!! Sit your husband down, talk to him, plan with him, forgive his shortcomings. Start allover again.... Trust me, he will change. !!!
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by ambient: 8:29am On Mar 03, 2022
he will never change,he might stop for a while but immediately he have small life challenges....boom back to gambling
i always tell people that there is a higher chance for a crack addict to change than a gambler..

you will get frustrated trying to change him then he will run back to this platform to tell everyone how bitter and a nagging woman you are..lol

nne please take care of you and your unborn child for now,an adult is not your problem.

safe delivery

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by esanmantruth: 8:30am On Mar 03, 2022
Oyibo you copy white from don’t announce it. You are not celebrity and even your marriage nobody heard of it, why now? Abeg divorce the man and god back to your parents house simple. Same man you give doggin style last night. Yeye people.

loosingfaith519:

What do I do?
Pls, advise me.
Re: I Want To Peacefully Divorce My Husband by Daroldigits: 8:31am On Mar 03, 2022
Have you talk to him about it? Well, I was once a gambler but when I notice is a waste of fund, I disciplined myself and it work, every N1 I touch these days, I will use it to import goods and sell them. Talk to him, help him to grow...giving up is not the best thing...you can be his solution rather than his problem.
loosingfaith519:

What do I do?
Pls, advise me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Ladies Share Their Funny "Bedroom Escape" Strategies (Read) / Polyandry: Outcry Over South Africa’s Multiple Husbands Proposal / Nigerian Man Asked To Leave UK After His Cheating Wife Files For Divorce

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.