Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,126 members, 7,887,256 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:46 AM

When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) (47995 Views)

"Jonathan Was Not Even In Nigeria" - Reno Omokri Reacts To Tribune Story. / 'Now We Realize Jonathan Was Nice, Buhari A Failure' - Protesting Northern Woman / How Goodluck Jonathan Was Disrespected As A President (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by silverlinen(m): 2:25pm On Mar 03, 2022
tiegahpor:

You are UNINTELLIGENT!
Coming from a demented melt
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by tiegahpor: 2:29pm On Mar 03, 2022
silverlinen:

Coming from a demented melt

For you to ask such a stupid question....................................
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Chukwumawisdom: 2:30pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:
Jonathan in time of plenty was wasteful.

As a business man, I know that the time of plenty is the time to plan for the future.

Nigeria case is lack of progressive leaders and tribalistic youths.
Lagos is what it is because of leaders that plan for the future.
look at China, when they were busy producing China phones, we make mockery of them that there products doesn't last, but today I am typing this with China phone and u are probably reading with Chinese phone.

2moro, ur children will still blame govt while ur voursemates could be millionaires
Get out and get lost . Pig implanted Brain

2 Likes

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Mar 03, 2022
tiegahpor:

As of January,crude oil wasn't even $75.

GEJ had it very good with price of crude over 100 dollars for at least 3 years and running..

What did he do with that

No railway,No 2nd Niger Bridge,No roads, NOTHING!!!!!

He did start and nearly complete the Kaduna-Abuja railway, and he also commenced work on 2nd Niger bridge.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Nwibii: 2:30pm On Mar 03, 2022
Chimezirim121:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqUbnXZ_kbo
Below are the pictures of politicians Nollywood actress and actors who protested against Jonathan administration. One of the pictures is about the price of fuel in 2015, it was #140 Lauretta onochie nad her crew in their placard called it 419 what are they calling fuel price now? El-rufai, Dino melaye, Jide kosoko, Pastor Tunde Bakare all protested against the Jonathan administration but they're doing nothing now, what can be done to resolve the issue of fuel scarcity now? Now are calling on the crusaders of 2015 to rise up now to address the issue of fuel scarcity, high cost of living and ASUU STRIKE

How I wish God would leave HIS busy schedules in heaven to come down to Nigeria and punish these hypocrites. Just imagine how much is fuel now and suddenly they've all turn dumb.

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 2:34pm On Mar 03, 2022
Roger3D:
The value of N140 in 2012 is not the same as the N140 in 2022. Taking into consideration inflation ad other economic factors, Jonathan was most likely asking us to pay an equivalent of N350 per liter in today's money so the protest back then was justified

Who depreciated the value of Naira now for #140 then to be equivalent to #350.....

Dollar then was #180 , how much is Dollar today in Nigerian currency? #520
So it is Jonathan that caused that as well

See the silly excuse you are giving just to avoid the truth and show the whole world you are a Zombie

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by nesgeeek(m): 2:36pm On Mar 03, 2022
They are all hypocrite.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 03, 2022
Roger3D:
The value of N140 in 2012 is not the same as the N140 in 2022. Taking into consideration inflation ad other economic factors, Jonathan was most likely asking us to pay an equivalent of N350 per liter in today's money so the protest back then was justified

On the other hand, we were wasting a lot of money on subsidy, so the subsidy had to go.

At the end, protest or no protest, Nigeria was losing and now continues to lose a lot of money from subsidy payments, to say nothing of how it has damaged our petroleum industry
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by marsman: 2:37pm On Mar 03, 2022
Roger3D:
You leave in the Future no need explaining to this emotional beings
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Enyimbamercedes: 2:39pm On Mar 03, 2022
They are all suffering from acute dumbness and forgetfulness

See Jide Kosoko and Rachel Oniga

El_Rascal and Dino Melaye

All the intellectwats of that era...Omojuwa, OgbeniDipo, Debola, Jideonwo... all silent

Where are the musicians who performed at #Occupy...

I dey hail ooo

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 03, 2022
ArcSEMPECJ:

Who depreciated the value of Naira now for #140 then to be equivalent to #350.....

Dollar then was #180 , how much is Dollar today in Nigerian currency? #520
So it is Jonathan that caused that as well

See the silly excuse you are giving just to avoid the truth and show the whole world you are a Zombie

Crude oil prices was at an all time high, so the value of the naira was higher

For the record, GEJ had high oil prices at 90 dollars when he took over till April 2014., when the oil price crashed, so we had more dollars to buffer the naira.

Buhari had oil prices at 75 when he took over, and had it as low as 20 to 30 dollars at some points. Naturally, the value of the naira would fall since we had no dollars to buffer it.

And no,I don't like GEJ or Buhari, and even if Buhari had high oil prices, I would still call him a bad leader. No diversificaiton.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Godmademan(m): 2:43pm On Mar 03, 2022
Roger3D:
why is #140 of 2012 now sharing same value as #350 today? Was it not today's Government that brought the inflation upon us?

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by SIONKPO1(m): 2:51pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:

PDP didn't do anything back then to secure the future of Nigeria.
No road, electricity was epileptic, corruption was ceiling level, nothing was working in Nigeria, u were brainwashed to think things were working cos there is money to throw around
What is Working in Nigeria now?
I pity you cause you just bought Curse free of charge
No light
No water
No work
No Security
Nepotism
Every Evil things going on now
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 2:53pm On Mar 03, 2022
backbencher:

Crude oil prices was at an all time high, so the value of the naira was higher

For the record, GEJ had high oil prices at 90 dollars when he took over till April 2014., when the oil price crashed, so we had more dollars to buffer the naira.

Buhari had oil prices at 75 when he took over, and had it as low as 20 to 30 dollars at some points. Naturally, the value of the naira would fall since we had no dollars to buffer it.

And no,I don't like GEJ or Buhari, and even if Buhari had high oil prices, I would still call him a bad leader. No diversificaiton.

Well noted, Buhari and his crew on the other hand knew the Price of Oil has crashed on 2014 before promising Nigerians heaven on Earth......
I think is more devilish to promise what one knows is not possible than to be plain and believe in working together for a better future.
This is the pain of most Nigerains as of today...
Since 2015, there has never been any policy, strategy, work through or even breakthrough to worsening conditions of Nigeria.....

Like you said , they are all bad leaders.
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by adefitim(m): 2:54pm On Mar 03, 2022
InHeaven:
When was this experienced? Is it up to a month now?

How long did Jonathan enjoyed $110-120 a barrel? Just a month as well?

Now be the judge

Don’t mind him jare...

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by marsman: 2:56pm On Mar 03, 2022
Masterito:
What is Lagos first? You must rate Lagos so high. Lagos is where it is because it will was the former capital. Lagos is yet to meet expectations.
Rome is where it is because they once conquered half of the world. Myopic minded cretins
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by adefitim(m): 2:59pm On Mar 03, 2022
boyfrank:

Crude oil now goes for $106 per barrel. Do u really know what time of plenty means or u just showing how low ur IQ is?

From the the pictures below you will see that present government is not earning as during GEJ regime still yet There’s nothing to show for it for good 16years of PDP..

Stats don’t lie

So compare and contrast

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by oluwaahmed: 2:59pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:
the truth is bitter.
Ur Otueke thief couldn't even build the mbiama bridge that leads to his state, I was on that bridge back in 2015 during heavy traffic along mbiama and the bridge was shaking like hell, I was scared it could collapse.
It was Buhari that had to rebuild a bridge leading to Bayelsa.
It will never be well with whoever supports GEJ

You are just daft. GEJ was borrowing yet the economy was prospering. He wanted to remove fuel subsidy which would have benefitted us but you people refused. He told the governors that the country should save from the excess crude oil but they refused. Today any news about the excess crude oil since last year? Budget pegged at $50 p/b but crude oil has been going up from $70 p/b since 3rd qtr of 2021 till now that its $110. Did u ever hear of the country importing bad crude? Agreed there was corruption in GEJ regime but at least $1 = 180. God will punish all buhari supporters and they will enjoy the economy of buhari in their family now and 4eva more

3 Likes

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by obaaderemi: 3:14pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:

As a business man, I know that the time of plenty is the time to plan for the future.

look at China, when they were busy producing China phones, we make mockery of them that there products doesn't last, but today I am typing this with China phone and u are probably reading with Chinese phone.

2moro, ur children will still blame govt while ur voursemates could be millionaires
Nonsense.
So is Buhari planning for the future of Nigeria now. Oil is currently $110 per barrel and Nigerians are made to pay through their noses for it. If oil prices crash, Nigerians will still be made to suffer because the Buhari government will give low oil prices as an excuse for poor performance.

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by boyfrank: 3:17pm On Mar 03, 2022
tiegahpor:

As of January,crude oil wasn't even $75.

GEJ had it very good with price of crude over 100 dollars for at least 3 years and running..

What did he do with that

No railway,No 2nd Niger Bridge,No roads, NOTHING!!!!!

Subsidy was paid, meaning things were cheaper, compare the prices for rice, cement and anything then and now
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by BigYash: 3:18pm On Mar 03, 2022
Chimezirim121:

You mean Buhari's time is not a time of plenty?
That one don't have sense. They must have an excuse. Ask the idiot about the trillions buhari borrowed, Loots recovered.. The fool will still have an excuse
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Tonyblessed(m): 3:22pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:

People like you and the ones who liked your post are real suffer heads before. You all are suffering and like suffering so not much to argue here. When your APC president is busy gallivanting around the world since he resumed office with money that would have been pumped into the economy, evil people like you would not complain. You must be daft to even say what you said about Jonathan. Just continue with your suffering.

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by iita: 3:24pm On Mar 03, 2022
Splitmind:
Jonathan is a fraud and a drunkard, things are much better under Buhari
Really?
You have won my heart.
Send your account details.
I have a handsome reward for you.

Jokers everywhere!
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by slowice(m): 3:30pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:

But lagos is actually nothing today? Dunno know what you mean but Nigeria is not progressing at all
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by lookingfly: 3:33pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:

how was he wasteful
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by mikywonder(m): 3:34pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:
the truth is bitter.
Ur Otueke thief couldn't even build the mbiama bridge that leads to his state, I was on that bridge back in 2015 during heavy traffic along mbiama and the bridge was shaking like hell, I was scared it could collapse.
It was Buhari that had to rebuild a bridge leading to Bayelsa.
It will never be well with whoever supports GEJ

Zone B rest
U don't know anything
I wish buhari can rule for 30 more years
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by brownbib(m): 3:49pm On Mar 03, 2022
Such is life!
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by bluefilm: 4:01pm On Mar 03, 2022
Who are these idiots that will always want us to go back to the Jonathan years as if to say Nigerians had it so good during those Jonathan era?

I'm just so tired of all these nonsensical comparisons between 2015 and 2022.

If people really want to compare, then lets go back to the 70s when the Nigerian Naira had more exchange value than the United States Dollars.

How about that?

Nonsense. undecided
Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by galoz: 4:10pm On Mar 03, 2022
Michelle70:
was I lying.
GEJ is a thief, deal with the truth
my friend, you should be shame of yourself, if JEG is a thief now you are enjoying buhari who is not a thief and everything is upside down, the quetion is now that fuel is #250 per liter why are not protesting? I am very sure inside you, you are weeping for your foolishness

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by Nsarug80: 4:16pm On Mar 03, 2022
Where are those psycophants & hypocrites that besieged Ojota in 2012? Are they not alive to protest again?

1 Like

Re: When Jonathan Was Called 419 Over ₦140 Fuel Price (Throwback Photos) by fof1: 4:20pm On Mar 03, 2022
Chimezirim121:
This is Pastor Tunde Bakare and team

THEY ARE ALL HYPOCRITES OF OUR TIME, COWARDS AND POLITICAL JOBBERS WITH NO DIRECTIONS...NOW THEIR MOUTH IS SEALED AND CLIPPED TO THEIR PALLETS...NOISE MAKERS AND BUSY BODIES...SYCOPHANTS OF THE BUHARI REGIME...MAY GOD HELP NIGERIANS

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Photos: Tinubu Sharing Money In Amuwo Odofin / Kogi Governor-Elect, Ododo, Drinks Garri To Celebrate His Election Victory / Companies Plead Guilty To Laundering “Patience Jonathan’s $15m”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.