Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,052 members, 7,966,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 05:56 AM

The Dismissal Of The Offending Army Officer,Commendation to men of The Air Force - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dismissal Of The Offending Army Officer,Commendation to men of The Air Force (678 Views)

Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Dismissal Of Service Chiefs / Clark Condemns Obama Over Presentation Of Certificate Of Commendation To Jega / Atunwa, Ahmad Call For The Dismissal Of IGP Abba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Dismissal Of The Offending Army Officer,Commendation to men of The Air Force by oldtime(m): 5:05pm On Jun 28, 2011
When I read the news of the dismissal of the Army Officer who disobeyed the Lagos state law on the usage of BRT lane which caused problem last week at Obanikoro Lagos, I felt a lot of pity for the young man, He became the victim of the many Unruly behaviors of Nigerian Soldiers, It is unfortunate that so many un- enlightened soldiers who rides on the opportunity of wearing the Military uniform to abuse the privilege and disobey all the laws of the society.
While commending the military for the prompt reaction, it brings to mind the former lawlessness of some Big Officers who were let go on similar offences, the one who beat up a lady at Victoria Island and an endless court session has greeted his wickedness.
These acts is very common with soldiers, naval officers and mobile Police, They beat up Civilian on the street, sometimes on the slightest matter, they molest and harass the Citizens who gave them the UNIFORM,
They cannot pay fares, they want free services (ONLY in Lagos), they want other road users to stop so their vehicles can be given preferential treatment, it is the more annoying when we remember that we are in a mess as a nation because of the misrule of the leadership under the military
I am of the opinion that these men should not live near civilian as is the case with some countries of the world, the government should send them to the fertile lands on “Ore” Road or the greeneries along Expressways to develop the area since there are no wars to fight for now. The only time they would have impressed Nigerian in fighting after Biafran war, the government gave “Bakassi” to Cameroon

However, If you live in Nigeria, you must commend the “Air Force” for their special discipline, I have heard of case of unruly behaviors by ARMY OFFICERS, NAVAL OFFICERS, AND MOBILE POLICE, it seems to me that, the Naval officers have some kind of discipline with which they prevent crisis from degenerating to the point of fighting Civilians on the streets or causing any kind of scene as that which has brought other Force to disrepute
In my opinion, I think The AIR FORCE deserve some commendation

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201106283191589
[color=#006600][/color]

(1) (Reply)

Home Imo Releases N2.7b For Schools’ Rehabilitation / Acn Asks Jonathan To Withdraw Icpc Chairman-nominee / Rising Cocaine Price Worries Agency Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.