Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,366 members, 7,888,182 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:10 PM

How Much Do You Need To Run A Successful Political Campaign For A HOR Position? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Do You Need To Run A Successful Political Campaign For A HOR Position? (433 Views)

Alake Of Egba Blesses Dorego For A Successful Political Ambition / Nigeria's Most Successful Political ConMan Exposed (pics) / Fayose Signs 2018 Revised Appropriation Bill Into Law,Tells HoR 2 Support Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Much Do You Need To Run A Successful Political Campaign For A HOR Position? by Papertrail11(m): 2:53pm On Mar 03, 2022
Political campaigns does cost money and I mean tons of it, the fliers, posters campaign jingles are all propelled by financial capital regardless of whether you win or not.

Right from the day you declare intent to vie for office, you may aghast by the pressure by your campaign team on how much you need to spend, raise to have a successful campaign. Let me just put it clearly everyone wants something, from the day you put up your campaign poster to get the needed publicity to sway the minds of the electorate.

Power to the people they say, the electorate can either love or hate you there is no in between. The popular American series "House of Cards", has given us a scope on the inner dealings of politicians in the political marketplace and words like corruption are being rephrased with assorted lingo like lobbying, its usually a case of what can you give me for what so as to propell my campaign to the next level.

It is either you are self funded or you are being pushed by special intrest group/godfathers/cabal which you remain at the beck of their call like a linux command terminal. We never really ask what really becomes of politicians and their mental state of mind who after spending these millions, billions still walk and smile like normal human beings after flushing money down the drain on what could have been channelled into playing sure 2odds or channeled into stocks, an SME or something. It is why I am of the school of though that the cost of political campaign should be pegged or controlled to a particular amount but that's a story for another day.

Oke Umukhoro who is running for the HOR position in Delta state posted on Twitter a while back and said one needed to have atleast N50m cash to run a successful HOR campaign in Nigeria, with inflation I may humbly adjust that money to N54m. I also believe you can you a successful campaign up North Nigeria with slightly less and win.

All in all:

Politics in Nigeria, na MEN dey run am.
If you never chop belleful, no go think am.

What do you guys think?
Re: How Much Do You Need To Run A Successful Political Campaign For A HOR Position? by Ttalk: 2:58pm On Mar 03, 2022
Papertrail11:
Political campaigns does cost money and I mean tons of it, the fliers, posters campaign jingles are all propelled by financial capital regardless of whether you win or not.

Right from the day you declare intent to vie for office, you may aghast by the pressure by your campaign team on how much you need to spend, raise to have a successful campaign. Let me just put it clearly everyone wants something, from the day you put up your campaign poster to get the needed publicity to sway the minds of the electorate.

Power to the people they say, the electorate can either love or hate you there is no in between. The popular American series "House of Cards", has given us a scope on the inner dealings of politicians in the political marketplace and words like corruption are being rephrased with assorted lingo like lobbying, its usually a case of what can you give me for what so as to propell my campaign to the next level.

It is either you are self funded or you are being pushed by special intrest group/godfathers/cabal which you remain at the beck of their call like a linux command terminal. We never really ask what really becomes of politicians and their mental state of mind who after spending these millions, billions still walk and smile like normal human beings after flushing money down the drain on what could have been channelled into playing sure 2odds or channeled into stocks, an SME or something. It is why I am of the school of though that the cost of political campaign should be pegged or controlled to a particular amount but that's a story for another day.

Oke Umukhoro who is running for the HOR position in Delta state posted on Twitter a while back and said one needed to have atleast N50m cash to run a successful HOR campaign in Nigeria, with inflation I may humbly adjust that money to N54m. I also believe you can you a successful campaign up North Nigeria with slightly less and win.

All in all:

Politics in Nigeria, na MEN dey run am.
If you never chop belleful, no go think am.

What do you guys think?

There's money involved but your good will matters. I am deep in this since 1999, if you are really interested, I can guide you

(1) (Reply)

Langtang LG Boss Allegedly Slaps Ex Chairman For Chanting PDP At An Occasion / Russia-ukraine War: Ban Export Of Maize To Avoid Scarcity, Dangote Tells FG / NDLEA Arrests General Overseer With Drugs At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.