Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,857 members, 7,945,740 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 04:41 AM

National Assembly Must Disband ASUU - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Must Disband ASUU (625 Views)

PDP Mocks Oyetola Over Flopped LG Poll, Vows To Disband Outcome Of Election / Buhari To Disband Buni-Led APC-Caretaker Committee / Killings In Igboland: Disband ESN Killers Now— Ohanaeze To IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Assembly Must Disband ASUU by FieldMarshall06(m): 9:49am On Mar 04, 2022
We continue to watch as the Nigerian university system is bastardized by renegade employees. We tolerate all sorts of madness in this country. I wish i will be President someday.

Until the National Assembly makes a law to cripple ASUU; we would make no progress.

The FG must consider sacking all lecturers and re-employing them under a new contract that forbids strike or unions. That is what Ghana did.

The worst is that Nigerian students would lose 1 yr. But in the end, it's worth it. We cannot continue like this.

Aggrieved lecturers can go to Private universities or state universities. If you dont like a job, leave it. Simple. ASUU cant continue destroying the Federal University system.

ASUU needs to be tamed by Law or by Sack.
Re: National Assembly Must Disband ASUU by Noobwurld(m): 9:59am On Mar 04, 2022
State university are also affected by this strike
Re: National Assembly Must Disband ASUU by slimfit1(m): 10:06am On Mar 04, 2022
The National Assembly can start by cutting their budget to 60 per cent first before they can come and the others not to complain about the amount they get. In a sane country, the budget of 500 people can not be more than that of education. We need a coup so that we can have a new constitution, where the future of our kids is more important than that of politicians and lawmakers.
The amount we are paying to keep these useless lawmakers is too much. They have so not passed any law that I can say makes sense or benefits us.

Sadly, we have uneducated military personnel heading our defence because of the bad training they had received in the past which is coming to hunt us. Our military servicemen are not what I call a patriot like Buhari otherwise they would have changed the corrupt government we have now since we have lawmakers that can't make laws checks and balances.
Re: National Assembly Must Disband ASUU by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 04, 2022
Noobwurld:
State university are also affected by this strike
busybody state universities!!
Re: National Assembly Must Disband ASUU by Parachoko: 11:20am On Mar 04, 2022
slimfit1:
The National Assembly can start by cutting their budget to 60 per cent first before they can come and the others not to complain about the amount they get. In a sane country, the budget of 500 people can not be more than that of education. We need a coup so that we can have a new constitution, where the future of our kids is more important than that of politicians and lawmakers.
The amount we are paying to keep these useless lawmakers is too much. They have so not passed any law that I can say makes sense or benefits us.

Sadly, we have uneducated military personnel heading our defence because of the bad training they had received in the past which is coming to hunt us. Our military servicemen are not what I call a patriot like Buhari otherwise they would have changed the corrupt government we have now since we have lawmakers that can't make laws checks and balances.
The Nigerian Military got us to where we are today.

Abi no be the same military wey an officer thief #10b?

Abeg forget about military rule in Nigeria
Re: National Assembly Must Disband ASUU by Parachoko: 11:23am On Mar 04, 2022
FieldMarshall06:
We continue to watch as the Nigerian university system is bastardized by renegade employees. We tolerate all sorts of madness in this country. I wish i will be President someday.

Until the National Assembly makes a law to cripple ASUU; we would make no progress.

The FG must consider sacking all lecturers and re-employing them under a new contract that forbids strike or unions. That is what Ghana did.

The worst is that Nigerian students would lose 1 yr. But in the end, it's worth it. We cannot continue like this.

Aggrieved lecturers can go to Private universities or state universities. If you dont like a job, leave it. Simple. ASUU cant continue destroying the Federal University system.

ASUU needs to be tamed by Law or by Sack.
Have you check out some of the reason ASUU is on strike?

If you are fair to yourself, you would have seen ASUU have tried for the Government.

They renegotiated about once or twice, yet the FG is not doing their part of the deal.

ASUU can't be crippled by the National Assembly, it can only be weaken if the FG can cause confusion in the group like they did to Labour.

But I don't see such a thing happening for now
Re: National Assembly Must Disband ASUU by FieldMarshall06(m): 12:16pm On Mar 04, 2022
undecided
Re: National Assembly Must Disband ASUU by FieldMarshall06(m): 12:16pm On Mar 04, 2022
cool
Parachoko:
The Nigerian Military got us to where we are today.

Abi no be the same military wey an officer thief #10b?

Abeg forget about military rule in Nigeria
Re: National Assembly Must Disband ASUU by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:09pm On Mar 04, 2022
ASUU HAS NEVER PRODUCED GRADUATES THAT SUIT THE TIMES. THIS IS DIGITAL AGE WHERE KNOWLEDGE ABOUNDS ON WWW SUPER HIGHWAY,BUT ASUU IS STILL DUELING IN STONE AGE. undecided
Re: National Assembly Must Disband ASUU by sinkhole: 1:36pm On Mar 04, 2022
PARADIZEPRIEST:
ASUU HAS NEVER PRODUCED GRADUATES THAT SUIT THE TIMES. THIS IS DIGITAL AGE WHERE KNOWLEDGE ABOUNDS ON WWW SUPER HIGHWAY,BUT ASUU IS STILL DUELING IN STONE AGE. undecided
if ASUU is teaching stone age method and you don't like it, then pack your load and go to private Universities, better still, go abroad cool

(1) (Reply)

UNN Student Sues Davido For Not Showing Interest To Run For President In 2023 / Among All The Presidential Aspirants, Who Can.. / No Election In Imo State Unknown Gun Men Declares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.