Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,917 members, 7,872,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:26 AM

Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. (2469 Views)

The U.S. Navy Has Taken Back Control Of The Israel-affiliated Tanker Hijacked! / Gaza War: IDF Forces Take Over Hamas Parliament ( Pics) / Russian Forces Take Over Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant In Ukraine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by Igbofam: 1:21pm On Mar 04, 2022
In a bloody and brazen assault on the Russian military who took control of the town of Hostomel, The Ukrainian Defense Ministry said it destroyed a total of 20 Russian military vehicles near the Hostomel Air Base on Thursday as it took back control of the town.

Videos posted to social media show Ukrainian soldiers walking by damaged and burning vehicles marked with the V sign that suggests they were among Russian forces that came from Belarus.

The start of the 40+ mile convoy, identified on satellite images, was just north of the Hostomel Air Base.

CNN has geolocated and verified the authenticity of the videos to an area about five miles away from the Hostomel airfield, which was reported captured by Russian forces on Feb. 24.

The Defense Ministry’s Twitter account says: “In total, during the day, special forces destroyed 20 enemy combat vehicles in Hostomel.”

“The battle is being waged by a combined group of special forces led by the GUR of the Ukrainian defense ministry and local resistance groups,” the tweet said

Several APCs belonging to Russian VDV forces were captured/destroyed by Ukranian Combatants during the clashes in Hostomel

Also at least two RPO-A Shmel thermobaric launchers and three 9K38 Igla MANPADS with 9P516 gripstocks were recovered.

https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-putin-news-03-03-22/h_91f5614af4ffc6e9b868cdc3423c1d34

Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by Igbofam: 1:22pm On Mar 04, 2022
Aftermath of the brazen counter assault by the Ukrainian special forces on the Russian Military in Hostomel.

Dead bodies of Russian soldiers are everywhere along with their destroyed equipment

Pictures attached show some more dead bodies of Russian soldiers on the streets of Hostomel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or2xpmvVVk4

Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by Igbofam: 1:22pm On Mar 04, 2022
Ukrainian military had now taken over full control of the town of Hostomel.

Check points have been set up and regular patrols being carried out all over the town

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUN4KSZZNCQ
Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by Aufbauh(m): 1:24pm On Mar 04, 2022
Maybe Putin thought that the invasion of Ukraine will be a 'cake walk'.
The Ukrainians are really putting up a very good resistance inspite of the 'No fly zone' agreed by NATO.

7 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by Deborah98(f): 1:29pm On Mar 04, 2022
Heiii nawaooo cry.... Can this stop please
Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by KaluwisxPRO: 1:32pm On Mar 04, 2022
Russia citizens are moving out of Russia in droves for fear of Martial law. Down goes a whole country because of one man’s bruised Ego.

No difference between Putin and Buhari, very useless destroyers of economy with no intelligence on actual security. One is Nepa bill cum Retired general, the other one a former Analogue KGB agent.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by Rastaramsey(m): 1:37pm On Mar 04, 2022
I love the Ukrainian soldiers.....
Their dedication to this war is just super lit......

7 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 04, 2022
Na madness dey cure madness

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 1:54pm On Mar 04, 2022
no fly zone in Ukraine? The invasion of Ukraine might actually be the beginning of the end of Putin. Dude might be killed or overthrown by his cabinet or Russian oligarchies. Ukraine is proven to be a real hard nut to crack.

3 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by ebenezerdaniel(m): 2:01pm On Mar 04, 2022
The mighty one are falling
Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by paafin(m): 2:16pm On Mar 04, 2022
These are not Russian forces!
Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by airmax16: 2:17pm On Mar 04, 2022
pride will not let Putin stop this war just look at how this army's lost there life fighting for noting to me Russia army are not good there land force are poor jst nukes that is helping that country fah

2 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by airmax16: 2:20pm On Mar 04, 2022
paafin:
abeg they are Russia army don't u see dat v on there tanks that force came from Belarus while the Russia tanks with z came form the donbas region or Russia home land the uniform are that of Russia pls stop defending them there are not good

3 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by SeeThisLoser: 2:21pm On Mar 04, 2022
Say no to WAR
Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by Igbofam: 2:26pm On Mar 04, 2022
paafin:

Watch the video. Those are Russian forces which were stationed in Belarus and entered Ukraine from that border.

Their silver armband is their identification which shows they are Russian soldiers who were stationed in Belarus and entered Ukraine from there. While the V on their equipment represent the Marines/airborne unit. Plus the"Adidas" stripe known as the RIBBON OF ST. GEORGE which is on their uniform clearly shows they are Russian.

4 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by Maxymilliano(m): 2:28pm On Mar 04, 2022
The town should be renamed Waterloo ...
Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by rottennaija(m): 2:29pm On Mar 04, 2022
Aufbauh:
The Ukrainians are really putting up a very good resistance inspite of the 'No fly zone' agreed by NATO.

Don't be surprised that tomorrow this news will be found yo be fake. Most of the news CNN and BBC published has been debunked as fake.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by seunny4lif(m): 2:39pm On Mar 04, 2022
Aufbauh:
Russia still controlled the airport
Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by Igbofam: 2:42pm On Mar 04, 2022
seunny4lif:

Russia still controlled the airport

The airport has been recaptured by Ukraine. This is why Russia no longer has air control over Kyiv
Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by Siwisheswereesh: 2:42pm On Mar 04, 2022
Pro-Putin loooonatics are finding it hard to explain this... grin

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by Igbofam: 2:44pm On Mar 04, 2022
rottennaija:

Don't be surprised that tomorrow this news will be found yo be fake. Most of the news CNN and BBC published has been debunked as fake.

The news is verified by everyone including AFP news which went into Hostomel to shoot the video and if you had watched the videos I posted you would have seen that Ukrainian military have taken full control of Hostomel and conducting checkpoints everywhere with their flags everywhere as they embark on constant patrols of the town
Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by paafin(m): 2:49pm On Mar 04, 2022
Russian forces will soon retake this town..

And I will urge them to shoot at anything that moves!
Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by Kelvin3476: 2:51pm On Mar 04, 2022
I CAN'T STILL FIND ANY DEAD WOMAN IN THOSE UNIFORMS.
SOO FEMINISTS ARE TRUELY SELFISH AND SELECTIVE. WEN DESERVES NOTHING IF NOT GIVEN TO THEM , BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T SHOWN A GOOD REASON FOR THE EQUALITY TJEY CRY OF

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by Igbofam: 2:53pm On Mar 04, 2022
paafin:
Russian forces will soon retake this town..

And I will urge them to shoot at anything that moves!

I thought you said they were not Russian soldiers what changed? grin

They are free to try and retake it but they can be rest assured that more of them will become manure because you cannot win against a military who has the full support of their civilians and paramilitary.

They will be "cannon fodder" as they call themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by seunny4lif(m): 2:54pm On Mar 04, 2022
Igbofam:

The airport has been recaptured by Ukraine. This is why Russia no longer has air control over Kyiv
Any video to back it up because all the Videos still shows Russia controlled it
Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by Truvelisback(m): 2:55pm On Mar 04, 2022
Na Russia still dey play with dem because dem be brothers if na Nuclear Russia for take settle the gragra wey Ukraine dey do.
Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by Igbofam: 3:00pm On Mar 04, 2022
seunny4lif:

Any video to back it up because all the Videos still shows Russia controlled it

Oga Hostomel airport has been recaptured by Ukrainian special forces. This was how they were able to get the full extent of the damage at the airport and the pictures and videos of the destroyed Antonov AN-225 (the world's largest cargo plane) for the very first time up close and personal yesterday

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by seunny4lif(m): 3:01pm On Mar 04, 2022
Igbofam:

Oga Hostomel airport has been recaptured by Ukrainian special forces. This was how they were able to get the full extent of the damage at the airport and the pictures and videos of the destroyed Antonov AN-225 (the world's largest cargo plane) for the very first time up close and personal yesterday
Lol
You don’t even know those are Russian TV crews.
I saw the full video
She said the aircraft was destroyed by Ukraine
Russia military parked the vans.
The airport is still controlled by Russia troops
Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by Igbofam: 3:07pm On Mar 04, 2022
seunny4lif:

Lol
You don’t even know that Russian TV crew
I saw the full video
Russia military parked the vans
The airport is still controlled by Russia troops

Be deceiving yourself. The airport is now fully under Ukrainian control and you need to stop lying about the alleged video you watched.

This is Hostomel airport yesterday in the below link and clearly you can see all the destroyed vehicles including those on fire bearing the Russian V Marking which shows they are Russian marine/airborne troops from Belarus.

All destroyed and airport retaken

https://twitter.com/BeyazBoga/status/1499350648428666882?t=QD4R6JdTDQxPl0ZeHMbo8g&s=19
Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by seunny4lif(m): 3:11pm On Mar 04, 2022
Igbofam:

Be deceiving yourself. The airport is now fully under Ukrainian control and you need to stop lying about the alleged video you watched.

This is Hostomel airport yesterday in the below link and clearly you can see all the destroyed vehicles including those on fire bearing the Russian V Marking which shows they are Russian marine/airborne troops from Belarus.
All destroyed and airport retaken

https://twitter.com/BeyazBoga/status/1499350648428666882?t=QD4R6JdTDQxPl0ZeHMbo8g&s=19

Those Vehicles were not destroyed but parked by Russia troops after more troops came in.
The full video are online and it’s even posted by pro Ukraine force confirming Russia controlled it
https://mobile.twitter.com/RALee85/status/1499643176998641664
Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by rottennaija(m): 3:16pm On Mar 04, 2022
Igbofam:

The news is verified by everyone including AFP news which went into Hostomel to shoot the video and if you had watched the videos I posted you would have seen that Ukrainian military have taken full control of Hostomel and conducting checkpoints everywhere with their flags everywhere as they embark on constant patrols of the town

The first casualty of war is truth. I have seen many news by western media who became false, all reported by BBC, CNN, etc. They named and reported 2 Chinese student killed by Russians. Chinese embassy checked and said it was false.

So like I said, I'm not at all surprised if this eventually became false. I have seen the level of misinformation done by CNN, BBC, AFP etc.

So a so called verified news by everyone including AFP carries no weight with me. I'm happy to wait. Besides, who is everyone? For all I know, these people speak Russian and Ukrainians among other languages. You cannot truthful know what they are saying unless you wait for someone to interpret, even at that, you have to lookout for those who will reject the interpretation.

Like I said, I'm not jumping on any news. I'm happy to wait till further confirmation. There a a lot of videos on telegram from different sources, I left many of these telegram groups because I do not understand the language, so I cannot make sense of what I'm seeing.

I only stick with 2, which so far their information has been checking out.
Re: Ukrainian Special Forces Take Back Control Of Hostomel From Russian Military. by seunny4lif(m): 3:17pm On Mar 04, 2022
rottennaija:

The first casualty of war is truth. I have seen many news by western media who became false, all reported by BBC, CNN, etc. They named and reported 2 Chinese student killed by Russians. Chinese embassy checked and said it was false.

So like I said, I'm not at all surprised if this eventually became false. I have seen the level of misinformation done by CNN, BBC, AFP etc.
Saw the Chinese news too and the Chinese government said no Chinese citizens bear those names

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Domestic Airlines Ask Court To Terminate Fg-ethiopian Deal / Russian Troops On The Run As Ukraine Starstreaks Fired Killed 22,000 Troops / Ukraine Soldiers Develop Military Uniform That Makes Them Invisible To The Eyes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.