Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,889 members, 7,933,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 12:09 AM

Why Are Snipers Treated Worse Than Infantry When Captured? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Are Snipers Treated Worse Than Infantry When Captured? (1994 Views)

Russia Drills 700 Snipers Near Ukraine Border As Putin Warns NATO (Pix,video) / Israeli Snipers Kill Disabled Protester (Disturbing Photos) / Israeli Snipers Kill 37 Palestinians, Wound 1,300 Over US Embassy Opening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Snipers Treated Worse Than Infantry When Captured? by Voldoz: 8:57pm On Mar 04, 2022
From an interrogation perspective:

Snipers are assholes. That's a period to the left.

Snipers have lots of Intel to include:

Enemy tactics, techniques, and procedures.
Enemy troop movements.
Communication methods.
Enemy dispositions (locations).
They are expert map readers, they know the terrain, and even worse, they know you better than most any other enemy combatant.

That being said, it's rare that you ever catch an enemy sniper alive, because like others have posted, they would rather die than be captured.

Not to mention, we don’t eff around with snipers, we generally drop multiple and very expensive bombs with the explicit purpose of blowing the shit out of them on the battlefield.

Personally, my (the op) team tracked down a single sniper for many months during combat (Intel side). He was responsible for so many deaths on my side of the court.

They killed him all the way dead. I think they made a movie about it. But whatever.

When you are lucky enough to capture a sniper for interrogation, you found a gold mine of Intel.

Cheers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Snipers Treated Worse Than Infantry When Captured? by Freestainworld(m): 9:01pm On Mar 04, 2022
Snipers are badass, there mode of camouflage, shooting makes it nearly impossible to notice there presence, and they kill a hell lots of people without missing a shot, when you eventually catch one, that is Christmas for you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Snipers Treated Worse Than Infantry When Captured? by Ecos(m): 9:12pm On Mar 04, 2022
grin because dem dey shoot kpakpakpa while lying on their belly. Shebi I have answered ur question? grin
Re: Why Are Snipers Treated Worse Than Infantry When Captured? by HitSong: 9:12pm On Mar 04, 2022
I know a sniper...
Re: Why Are Snipers Treated Worse Than Infantry When Captured? by mccloud224(m): 9:18pm On Mar 04, 2022
This article is most def NOT related to the Nigerian military...

Snipers in Nigeria? That's a joke. The army @ best are infantry who show their fearlessness to unarmed civilians and pull off their camouflage when they hear gun shots from armed bandits/terrorists. The Navy? They have refurbished tugboats called "battle ships" that cost billions and billions to acquire (don't ask why). The air force? We are told we have an air force who couldn't locate terrorists in Sambisa Forest for over 12 years and just remembered their jobs coz their bosses want to win 2023 election and want to appear like they are doing their job. Police? Handy men,thugs/assassins for hire,daylight arm robbers with uniforms,umbrella holders,car washers,laundrymen and recently...food servers.

Back to snipers....Nigeria isn't Manhattan ,Seoul or even Ukraine where tall infrastructure makes up most of the city (easiest hideout for a sniper). In the bushes, the tall trees would most def be surrounded by more trees thus you are blind sighted. The only way to take out a target is on ground level and a silenced pistol would be more effective (and concealed) than that Draganov (or whatever long range rifle) the sniper uses.

Great article though but dis na 9ja. Nothing works here. Not even jobs for snipers...lol.

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Snipers Treated Worse Than Infantry When Captured? by Voldoz: 9:29pm On Mar 04, 2022
mccloud224:

Snipers in Nigeria? That's a joke. The army @ best are infantry who show their fearlessness to unarmed civilians and pull off their camouflage when they hear gun shots from armed bandits/terrorists. The Navy? They have refurbished tugboats called "battle ships" that cost billions and billions to acquire (don't ask why). The air force? We are told we have an air force who couldn't locate terrorists in Sambisa Forest for over 12 years and just remembered their jobs coz their bosses want to win 2023 election and want to appear like they are doing their job. Police? Handy men,thugs/assassins for hire,daylight arm robbers with uniforms,umbrella holders,car washers,laundrymen and recently...food servers.

Back to snipers....Nigeria isn't Manhattan ,Seoul or even Ukraine where tall infrastructure makes up most of the city (easiest hideout for a sniper). In the bushes, the tall trees would most def be surrounded by more trees thus you are blind sighted. The only way to take out a target is on ground level and a silenced pistol would be more effective (and concealed) than that Draganov (or whatever long range rifle) the sniper uses.

Great article though but dis na 9ja. Nothing works here. Not even jobs for snipers...lol.

So no even oka made sniper? grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Snipers Treated Worse Than Infantry When Captured? by mccloud224(m): 9:49pm On Mar 04, 2022
Voldoz:

So no even oka made sniper? grin

I wasn't talking about the firearm... I talked about the sniper job in Nigeria. Its pointless. That's my point.

Let me put it this way...

A high profile target will be in Agarawu market to buy narcotic hard drugs and he must be taken out before leaving the vicinity. How do you go about it in a CROWDED market? No tall look out to conceal yourself. Hmm?

Another scenario....a high profile target in aso rock. The zone is off limits...like TOTALLY not within reach and most def any tall outpost would be randomly manned by our incompetent soldiers who have more talent forcing defenseless citizens to roll in filthy mud but sh*t their pants when they hear Boko Haram or ESN. The glass,doors and walls are most def bullet proof and those thieves in Aso Rock are busy thinking up ways off looting the country dry than peeking through the window hoping to get shot (you are already aware of the several billions they have earmarked for a Russia-Ukraine war that doesn't concern them).
Re: Why Are Snipers Treated Worse Than Infantry When Captured? by Voldoz: 10:39pm On Mar 04, 2022
mccloud224:

I wasn't talking about the firearm... I talked about the sniper job in Nigeria. Its pointless. That's my point.

Let me put it this way...

A high profile target will be in Agarawu market to buy narcotic hard drugs and he must be taken out before leaving the vicinity. How do you go about it in a CROWDED market? No tall look out to conceal yourself. Hmm?

Another scenario....a high profile target in aso rock. The zone is off limits...like TOTALLY not within reach and most def any tall outpost would be randomly manned by our incompetent soldiers who have more talent forcing defenseless citizens to roll in filthy mud but sh*t their pants when they hear Boko Haram or ESN. The glass,doors and walls are most def bullet proof and those thieves in Aso Rock are busy thinking up ways off looting the country dry than peeking through the window hoping to get shot (you are already aware of the several billions they have earmarked for a Russia-Ukraine war that doesn't concern them).

Normally everyone knows naija na cast grin
Re: Why Are Snipers Treated Worse Than Infantry When Captured? by Aventador: 11:39pm On Mar 04, 2022
mccloud224:

I don't know why Nigerians are quick to belittle their country. Don't be ignorant, if u are not sure of something, it doesn't cost much data to just search it online. Instead coming here to type rubbish. Tarnishing the image of the country for cheap likes on nairaland.

Below are pictures of snipers in Nigeria army. Just shut up if u have nothing reasonable to say.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Snipers Treated Worse Than Infantry When Captured? by davillian(m): 1:08am On Mar 05, 2022
Just imagine the nonsense
Snippers Nigerian army are using
Something from WWII.....
It's difficult to capture a snipper
White ghost comes to mind
The Germans had to bomb his location cus they only heard shots and somebody is down.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Snipers Treated Worse Than Infantry When Captured? by mysticwarrior(m): 2:10am On Mar 05, 2022
davillian:
Just imagine the nonsense
Snippers Nigerian army are using
Something from WWII.....
It's difficult to capture a snipper
White ghost comes to mind
The Germans had to bomb his location cus they only heard shots and somebody is down.

His name is Simo Häyhä aka white death not white ghost. He was a Finnish sniper during the winter war between Finland and the soviet union, he is regarded as the greatest sniper ever. he was bombed by Soviets Russians not the Germans.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Snipers Treated Worse Than Infantry When Captured? by Boogyman557: 2:39am On Mar 05, 2022
Holly Gram cool

Wat about my OLD KALA...

my old KALA na OKOMBO TESTED KALA so I de use am BLAST BLAST useless MANCHIS left legs...

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Snipers Treated Worse Than Infantry When Captured? by Nneziwili(m): 7:14am On Mar 05, 2022
mccloud224:

What if I show you a Picture of a Nigerian sniper?
Re: Why Are Snipers Treated Worse Than Infantry When Captured? by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 05, 2022
mysticwarrior:

His name is Simo Häyhä aka white death not white ghost. He was a Finnish sniper during the winter war between Finland and the soviet union, he is regarded as the greatest sniper ever. he was bombed by Soviets Russians not the Germans.

Bomb or shot?
Re: Why Are Snipers Treated Worse Than Infantry When Captured? by mysticwarrior(m): 9:35am On Mar 05, 2022
BritishNaija:

Bomb or short?

I wasn't referring to the explosive bullets that sever his jaw, am talking about how soviets artillery bombed his position after he wiped out 30 Soviets snipers.
Re: Why Are Snipers Treated Worse Than Infantry When Captured? by funshow21: 9:37am On Mar 05, 2022
BritishNaija:

Bomb or short?
he was shot,. they thought he was dead, until they discovered he wasn't...he died in 2002 at the age of 96..
he did over 500 kills..
Re: Why Are Snipers Treated Worse Than Infantry When Captured? by mysticwarrior(m): 9:41am On Mar 05, 2022
funshow21:

he was shot,. they thought he was dead, until they discovered he wasn't...he died in 2002 at the age of 96..
he did over 500 kills..
soviet attilery bombed his position but he wasn't hit.
Re: Why Are Snipers Treated Worse Than Infantry When Captured? by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 05, 2022
funshow21:

he did over 500 kills..

I have to ask because I have seen His documentory long time ago.
Re: Why Are Snipers Treated Worse Than Infantry When Captured? by Nobody: 10:35am On Mar 05, 2022
mysticwarrior:

I wasn't referring to the explosive bullets that sever his jaw, am talking about how soviets artillery bombed his position after he wiped out 30 Soviets snipers.
Ok.
Re: Why Are Snipers Treated Worse Than Infantry When Captured? by PapaNnamdi: 11:25am On Mar 05, 2022
PubG awm on my mind
Re: Why Are Snipers Treated Worse Than Infantry When Captured? by 9182736455O1999(m): 12:02pm On Mar 05, 2022
mccloud224:

Oga there are snipers in Nigeria
Re: Why Are Snipers Treated Worse Than Infantry When Captured? by fattprince(m): 2:07pm On Mar 05, 2022
mysticwarrior:

But I heard he didn't die. Though he was injured by the bombs.

(1) (Reply)

Atheist N.korean Pres. Kim Jong Forces 13-yr-old Virgins Into Sexual Servitude / Iran Will Support Syria 'to The End': Military Chief / Top 8 Most Elite Special Forces In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.