Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,491 members, 7,944,425 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 04:09 PM

Scientists Discover New Planet That May Sustain Life - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Scientists Discover New Planet That May Sustain Life (1746 Views)

Hell’ Discovered: Scientists Found A Planet That Rains Rocks. / 17 Year Old Intern Discovers New Planet / A New Planet Named Proxima B Has Just Been Blasted To Support Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scientists Discover New Planet That May Sustain Life by TheSourcerer: 4:51pm On Mar 05, 2022
It turns out that stars like our sun may not have to be alive and thriving to sustain life. Scientists say they have discovered a possible "major planet" orbiting a dying sun that could potentially support life for generations to come.

Researchers from University College London made the "unexpected" discovery while observing a white dwarf, the glowing remains of a star that ran out of its hydrogen fuel, 117 light years away. This particular star, known as WD1054-226

If the object discovered is confirmed to be a life-supporting planet, it would mark the first time a life-supporting planet has been found orbiting a dying sun

Quara.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientists Discover New Planet That May Sustain Life by Equal2DeTask(m): 4:56pm On Mar 05, 2022
Re: Scientists Discover New Planet That May Sustain Life by doggedfighter(f): 5:06pm On Mar 05, 2022
Fine.
Re: Scientists Discover New Planet That May Sustain Life by Deborah98(f): 5:38pm On Mar 05, 2022
Humans trying all their possible best to stay longer in a world they've polluted and defiled. It's well ooooooooooooooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientists Discover New Planet That May Sustain Life by sunjai(f): 10:11pm On Mar 05, 2022
TheSourcerer:
It turns out that stars like our sun may not have to be alive and thriving to sustain life. Scientists say they have discovered a possible "major planet" orbiting a dying sun that could potentially support life for generations to come.

Researchers from University College London made the "unexpected" discovery while observing a white dwarf, the glowing remains of a star that ran out of its hydrogen fuel, 117 light years away. This particular star, known as WD1054-226

If the object discovered is confirmed to be a life-supporting planet, it would mark the first time a life-supporting planet has been found orbiting a dying sun

Quara.com

you people should stop twisting the hand work of Jehovah. No other planet apart from earth can sustain life.
Re: Scientists Discover New Planet That May Sustain Life by TheSourcerer: 10:16pm On Mar 05, 2022
sunjai:
you people should stop twisting the hand work of Jehovah. No other planet apart from earth can sustain life.
these are comments of people from other countries had to say

Only The Nigerian did not believe the photos ? (Comments below)
The real reason for creating this thread was a sort of social experiment ,I really expected to see comments like yours .

Are we the most religious /close to God we disregard facts?
Or are we the smartest beigns and the world just bunch of collective dummies ?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Scientists Discover New Planet That May Sustain Life by TheSourcerer: 10:31pm On Mar 05, 2022
sunjai:
Jehovah This , Jehovah that ? That has Jehovah contributed to science?
In fact I prove to you , you know nothing outside the sphere of the Bible (the little you read of course , I've read the whole book twice , so you have no standing on the knowledge of 'the bible')

Do tell , how did your Jehovah create fire?

At least this will convince me you actually live a life you know about.

If you cannot explain how your Jehovah created fire shame , because science did.

Oh and the name Jehovah, has nothing to the with the Hebrew God , The letter J was of early century added to the English language , the power you claim in Jehovah a name unassigned to any being till after he died then you name him with a J?

Plus hey If Christ accended to heaven , wouldn't that make a MF ,the first man in space (without oxegen mask ) but of course your brain will tell you his nose was special and his lungs needed no oxegen....

Smh I'm tired of you lots ,,, if Christ walked on water , great feat , accended to heaven , rose the dead .... Do you think only the Bible and or Koran would write about it? Come on like now news spread fast , people write , but noooo Christ's exploits were only restricted to the bible and Koran .OBVIOUSLY!!!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Scientists Discover New Planet That May Sustain Life by Totilopussylick(m): 12:27am On Mar 06, 2022
Equal2DeTask:
Science and discovery are like 5 and 6 lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scientists Discover New Planet That May Sustain Life by Frigga13: 6:45am On Mar 06, 2022
TheSourcerer:
In fact I prove to you , you know nothing outside the sphere of the Bible (the little you read of course , I've read the whole book twice , so you have no standing on the knowledge of 'the bible')

If you cannot explain how your Jehovah created fire shame , because science did.

Oh and the name Jehovah, has nothing to the with the Hebrew God , The letter J was of early century added to the English language , the power you claim in Jehovah a name unassigned to any being till after he died then you name him with a J?

Plus hey If Christ accended to heaven , wouldn't that make a MF ,the first man in space (without oxegen mask ) but of course your brain will tell you his nose was special and his lungs needed no oxegen....

Smh I'm tired of you lots ,,, if Christ walked on water , great feat , accended to heaven , rose the dead .... Do you think only the Bible and or Koran would write about it? Come on like now news spread fast , people write , but noooo Christ's exploits were only restricted to the bible and Koran .OBVIOUSLY!!!

This is massive ignorance on display..

This is Logic wannabe
Re: Scientists Discover New Planet That May Sustain Life by TheSourcerer: 7:54am On Mar 06, 2022
Frigga13:

This is massive ignorance on display..

This is Logic wannabe
says a moniker who counters with a condescending statement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scientists Discover New Planet That May Sustain Life by tillaman(m): 7:55am On Mar 06, 2022
sad

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Scientists Discover New Planet That May Sustain Life by sunjai(f): 9:41am On Mar 06, 2022
TheSourcerer:

sorry dear, but reading has nothing to do with understanding. You have a little mind and I don't argue with such persons.

1 Like

Re: Scientists Discover New Planet That May Sustain Life by sunjai(f): 9:43am On Mar 06, 2022
TheSourcerer:
these are comments of people from other countries had to say

Only The Nigerian did not believe the photos ? (Comments below)
The real reason for creating this thread was a sort of social experiment ,I really expected to see comments like yours .

Are we the most religious /close to God we disregard facts?
Or are we the smartest beigns and the world just bunch of collective dummies ?
again, know I don't follow the crowd. I don't strive to belong. I know who I am.

1 Like

Re: Scientists Discover New Planet That May Sustain Life by Joelobioha(m): 10:22am On Mar 06, 2022
TheSourcerer:

oya rest...u don try

1 Like

Re: Scientists Discover New Planet That May Sustain Life by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 06, 2022
They should first invent something that can make humans travel faster than the speed of light, maybe a wormhole technology or something
We should all have been living beyond our imaginations by now
I still can't believe a 100 yrs will pass b4 they'll be able to invent something that can travel around the milky way
Re: Scientists Discover New Planet That May Sustain Life by Golan007: 12:28pm On Mar 06, 2022
sunjai:

That's how black man thought there were no other beings (oyinbo or chinese) until they sailed down here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scientists Discover New Planet That May Sustain Life by sunjai(f): 12:47pm On Mar 06, 2022
Golan007:

That's how black man thought there were no other beings (oyinbo or chinese) until they sailed down here.
And...
Re: Scientists Discover New Planet That May Sustain Life by Golan007: 12:53pm On Mar 06, 2022
sunjai:
And...
That's how without any scientific argument you've reached the conclusion of life not being sustainable on some other planet.

You prefer to live in the dark.

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Discover New Planet That May Sustain Life by TheSourcerer: 12:57pm On Mar 06, 2022
Golan007:

That's how without any scientific argument you've reached the conclusion of life not being sustainable on some other planet.

Blissful Ignorance its called

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Scientists Discover New Planet That May Sustain Life by sunjai(f): 1:00pm On Mar 06, 2022
Golan007:

ok. Mr light, prepare to go live there.
Re: Scientists Discover New Planet That May Sustain Life by TheSourcerer: 4:51pm On Mar 06, 2022
sunjai:
again, know I don't follow the crowd. I don't strive to belong. I know who I am.
so you cannot explain how God created fire then ? Good.

1 Like

Re: Scientists Discover New Planet That May Sustain Life by sunjai(f): 6:13pm On Mar 06, 2022
TheSourcerer:
so you cannot explain how God created fire then ? Good.
so, explain to me how Jehovah created the universe, and how he made the earth hang upon nothing.
Re: Scientists Discover New Planet That May Sustain Life by TheSourcerer: 7:03pm On Mar 06, 2022
sunjai:
so, explain to me how Jehovah created the universe, and how he made the earth hang upon nothing.
because he is God na smiley

1 Like

Re: Scientists Discover New Planet That May Sustain Life by TheSourcerer: 9:08pm On Mar 06, 2022

1 Like

Re: Scientists Discover New Planet That May Sustain Life by TheSourcerer: 8:38pm On Mar 07, 2022

(1) (Reply)

What Is UNIJOS Waiting For? / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Admission List For 2007/2008 Out! / Over 40 Int'l Scholarships For Nigerian Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.