Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,915 members, 7,899,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 10:22 AM

Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) (8117 Views)

EFCC: For 4yrs After Leaving Office As Gov, Saraki Received Monthly Salaries.. / GEJ Makes His First Public Outing Since Leaving Office (Photos) / Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by COMPAQ(m): 7:54am On Jun 30, 2011
There is nothing wrong with concessioning Olumo rock. What has the government done with it all these years. Did the money from it ever reach govt in those years? I am not saying the terms in all these OGD deals are correct, but then the value of something is the price people are willing to pay for it. If you like, value NITEL at $2bln, but if the all the bids revolve around $600mln, then $600mln is the value. Simple.

I think Amosun is talking too much. I have been to Gateway hotel Abeokuta around 15years ago and it was an embarrassment then, so where is he getting grandoise valuations from. There is nothing wrong with privatising these things. If Amosun thinks he can actually run all these companies he will discover that the cost of running them exceeds the revenue they bring in.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by stormm: 8:07am On Jun 30, 2011
COMPAQ:

There is nothing wrong with concessioning Olumo rock. What has the government done with it all these years. Did the money from it ever reach govt in those years? I am not saying the terms in all these OGD deals are correct, but then the value of something is the price people are willing to pay for it. If you like, value NITEL at $2bln, but if the all the bids revolve around $600mln, then $600mln is the value. Simple.

I think Amosun is talking too much. I have been to Gateway hotel Abeokuta around 15years ago and it was an embarrassment then, so where is he getting grandoise valuations from. There is nothing wrong with privatising these things. If Amosun thinks he can actually run all these companies he will discover that the cost of running them exceeds the revenue they bring in.

I'm sure you are aware that privatisation is not just concessioning, The main problem here is OGD used concessioning to perpetuate fraud. So get that and stop whinning rubbish. If the bolded are your opinion, then shouldn't the incumbent look into the issues and right all wrongs.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by Delafruita(m): 8:36am On Jun 30, 2011
@ekt-bear,jensinmi
When barack obama was campaigning,he promised to close guatanamo bay withint 1year in office.he even signed the papers closing gitmo as his first action in office.this is his third year in office and gitmo has not been closed.not because obama has lost the willpower to close gitmo,but because with more access to information,he now realises that even though gitmo needs to be closed,its not gonna be as easy/fast as he thought.when clinton campaigned,he promised to reduce taxes,take in more hatin boats,allow gays openly serve in the military and slash the deficit within 4years.but immediately after been sworn in,he had to increase medicaid,create the BTU tax.then he took seven years to erase the deficit and left the military with "don't ask,don't tall' policy for gays.despite all that,i think he is president history will give a lot of credit to.obama might eventually close gitmo,but he will close it when all situations prove that the closure will not be injurious to national security nd not just because he wants to fulfil his promise.amosun came in less than 1month ago,he meets a worse situation than he expected,he decides to address representatives of the people to let them know the situation he met and you say he is "bitching".i used the example of clinton and obama because the US is a freer country where the opposition hs more access to information about the incumbent government which is unlike the situation in nigeria where such information is inaccesible.when fashola was just sworn in,many lagosians heaped insults on asiwaju for foistering him on them,four years down the line,we thank asiwaju for foistering him.even GEJ who handed over to himself has still decided to take stock of what he left in the previous administration and what he met in the new one.lets criticize amosun justly.he truly needs to take the time to asses the situation before planning how to move forward.aregbesola took his time and the result was slashing of fees,20000 people employed ino the workforce within 3months and progressive policies daily.fayemi took his time and ekiti is reaping the dividends.lets give amosun and ajimobi some time/slack
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by kaylala(m): 8:45am On Jun 30, 2011
He didn't sell Olumo Rock, he can never achieve that. It was only concessioned for 15years!!!
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by Gbawe: 8:51am On Jun 30, 2011
Delafruita:

@ekt-bear,jensinmi
When barack obama was campaigning,he promised to close guatanamo bay withint 1year in office.he even signed the papers closing gitmo as his first action in office.this is his third year in office and gitmo has not been closed.not because obama has lost the willpower to close gitmo,but because with more access to information,he now realises that even though gitmo needs to be closed,its not gonna be as easy/fast as he thought.when clinton campaigned,he promised to reduce taxes,take in more hatin boats,allow man-loving-men openly serve in the military and slash the deficit within 4years.but immediately after been sworn in,he had to increase medicaid,create the BTU tax.then he took seven years to erase the deficit and left the military with "don't ask,don't tall' policy for man-loving-men.despite all that,i think he is president history will give a lot of credit to.obama might eventually close gitmo,but he will close it when all situations prove that the closure will not be injurious to national security nd not just because he wants to fulfil his promise.amosun came in less than 1month ago,he meets a worse situation than he expected,he decides to address representatives of the people to let them know the situation he met and you say he is "bitching".i used the example of clinton and obama because the US is a freer country where the opposition hs more access to information about the incumbent government which is unlike the situation in nigeria where such information is inaccesible.when fashola was just sworn in,many lagosians heaped insults on asiwaju for foistering him on them,four years down the line,we thank asiwaju for foistering him.even GEJ who handed over to himself has still decided to take stock of what he left in the previous administration and what he met in the new one.lets criticize amosun justly.he truly needs to take the time to asses the situation before planning how to move forward.aregbesola took his time and the result was slashing of fees,20000 people employed ino the workforce within 3months and progressive policies daily.fayemi took his time and ekiti is reaping the dividends.lets give amosun and ajimobi some time/slack

Excellent post. I am glad Nairaland still has members able to argue using salient real world/real time examples featuring some of the most advanced and most exemplary nations in the world. David Cameron too has had to make some revisions once he sat on the 'hot seat' but what is important is that he is still on course and delivering .
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by KDULAR: 9:12am On Jun 30, 2011
These are the legacies of aligning with people who don't understand you just because you want to be known . The legaciy of  mainstream national politics. Arungun as they are. The fact that no matter how much we need money to dio some development projects we should just retain those things that identifies us as a community .

I grew up in Egbaland and there are the stuff I used to call our comunial wealth and heritage but ALL HAVE BEEN EITHER SOLD OR CONCESSIONED" angry angry angry embarassed shocked. Upon all the state capital is in a colossal mess!!!. But some people are not seeing the reason to let people knoew the extent of the mess that has been created, they are expecting the governmet to perform but  if they don't know thst we the new government is starting from a very financially negative status, then they appreciate that the hole is filled up before heights could start gathering.

Delafruta and the rest Thank you. We need to understand the processes involved in Governance which information and facts are vital before em

That doesn't mean that we should be moving at a slow pace anyway , a gangrene even a lession will take time to heal first before that porion of the tissue can function. I know that Ogun State in virtually all facets of development as and society is in a gargantuan mess . Schools are dilapidated, over 60% of students are either cultists or endorses or resort to it , teachers morale is very low some have actually become thugs shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. appearnce not different from an area boy.Imagine no water in Abeokuta.( Before, the pressure from the showers beat your skin even in houses on the hills).Roads are not attended to . Abeg those who doesn't know should keep quiet and stop criticising the Governor for saying that much . THE MAJORITY OF PDP GOVERNORS ARE BASTARDS THEY  ENCOURAGE STRANGE IDEAS THAT WE ARE TRYING TO JETTISON AND IMPORTED SOME AUDACIOUSLY  NOXIOUS PUNGENT DEVASTATING  OH MY GOD ! SHIT INTO OUR SYSTEM MAY GOD FORGIVE THEM. tHEY SPOILT EVERYTHING THAT WERE OUR PRIDE . THEY WILL NEVER KNOW PEACE AND THEIR CHILDREN'S CHILDREN
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by superior1: 9:29am On Jun 30, 2011
@Gbawe, I find your arguments very sensible.

It doesn't take one to have an MBA for him to know that whenever you are given a cause or project, the first thing you do is to take analysis of your resources both the tangible and intangible ones.

Spending money without a full recourse to what you may have and may not have is the best way you can describe stupidity.

Let the man take a full stock and let him publish it. That will be a base for us to measure him after 4 years.

We should do away with illiterate sense of appreciation. When a Governor is spending on infrastructure, I don't start to sing his praise until I know important details like How much his he spending, From where his he getting the fund, What, blah blah blah, I even want to know the socio-economic impact of such spendings on the state.

I only have God to thank that OGD did not get his much soughtafter 100Billion Naira, do you know what that will have done to the state financial position if equally recklessly spent?.

In Summary, Taking stock is not an excuse or waste of time, It is Common Sense and what is done with such report is called Wisdom.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by Gbawe: 9:53am On Jun 30, 2011
jensinmi:

If Amosun has no idea what to do, Ekt_bear and Jensinmi do. He better start asking for our help.  grin grin grin

From your diasporan bases that may be responsible for what you are saying here? Do you guys have any concept of the "local knowledge" ethos? I.e the consideration of taking into account the peculiarities on the ground in the quest to become more effective at business/management/leadership/trading/decision making? Undoubtedly , all hands are needed on deck but not the hands of far removed and unreasonable critics who want Nigeria to be the USA overnight. If a State is highly indebted and still grappling with the notion of paying a minimum wage it was not consulted about why should any reasonable person expect a gung-ho construction and infrastructural blitz in three weeks?

I don't know you enough but I know EKt_bear enough to understand that his typical American and capitalist mentality , with the attendant dedication to materialism , 6.0 litre cars and shiny edifice,  makes him ignore welfare considerations in his argument pertaining to one of the poorest nations on earth . Does it make sense to anyone for Amosun , as a responsible leader, to ignore serious debts, unfair concessioning of state assets and the payment of a new wage structure to begin , in testimony to fiscal abracadabra, building roads and hospitals? The man is a competent Accountant!! Why not give him time to 'get the figures right'?

Lagos has achieved a lot through its taxation drive, rigorous IGR pursuit, PPP (public, private sector partnership) initiative et al. Lagos is not where it is because of allocation from the federal Government. Some of us should appreciate this fact and give new SW administrators a chance. Afterall, they are in the same Party that has devised ways to provide above average leadership for Lagos and Edo State.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by Gbawe: 10:07am On Jun 30, 2011
KDULAR:

These are the legacies of aligning with people who don't understand you just because you want to be known . The legaciy of mainstream national politics. Arungun as they are. The fact that no matter how much we need money to dio some development projects we should just retain those things that identifies us as a community .

I grew up in Egbaland and there are the stuff I used to call our comunial wealth and heritage but ALL HAVE BEEN EITHER SOLD OR CONCESSIONED" angry angry angry embarassed shocked. Upon all the state capital is in a colossal mess!!!. But some people are not seeing the reason to let people knoew the extent of the mess that has been created, they are expecting the governmet to perform but if they don't know thst we the new government is starting from a very financially negative status, then they appreciate that the hole is filled up before heights could start gathering.

Delafruta and the rest Thank you. We need to understand the processes involved in Governance which information and facts are vital before em

That doesn't mean that we should be moving at a slow pace anyway , a gangrene even a lession will take time to heal first before that porion of the tissue can function. I know that Ogun State in virtually all facets of development as and society is in a gargantuan mess . Schools are dilapidated, over 60% of students are either cultists or endorses or resort to it , teachers morale is very low some have actually become thugs shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. appearnce not different from an area boy.Imagine no water in Abeokuta.( Before, the pressure from the showers beat your skin even in houses on the hills).Roads are not attended to . Abeg those who doesn't know should keep quiet and stop criticising the Governor for saying that much . THE MAJORITY OF PDP GOVERNORS ARE BASTARDS THEY ENCOURAGE STRANGE IDEAS THAT WE ARE TRYING TO JETTISON AND IMPORTED SOME AUDACIOUSLY NOXIOUS PUNGENT DEVASTATING OH MY GOD ! poo INTO OUR SYSTEM MAY GOD FORGIVE THEM. tHEY SPOILT EVERYTHING THAT WERE OUR PRIDE . THEY WILL NEVER KNOW PEACE AND THEIR CHILDREN'S CHILDREN

Thank you my brother !!! This is why I mentioned the notion of "local knowledge" in my post above. Some folks just don't appreciate the damage the PDP has done . That is what is responsible for insensitive and uncharitable talk. If you don't know what obtained in the past how can you appreciate or quantify the damage done? I was raised in Lagos but my Parents are from Ogun State . What the PDP has done to the State is enough to make anyone cry for Ogun State.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by koyaabj: 10:15am On Jun 30, 2011
Whats is the big deal about owing debt, Amosun should stop complaining and start off his program, if he can not handle the state he should hand over to OGD to continue, borrow money to improve the state infrastructure and the welfare of the people that is no problem it only becomes problem when u borrow to share among politicians, If OGD borrow and use it to improve the state no problem.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by Gbawe: 10:25am On Jun 30, 2011
koyaabj:

Whats is the big deal about owing debt, Amosun should stop complaining and start off his program, if he can not handle the state he should hand over to OGD to continue, borrow money to improve the state infrastructure and the welfare of the people that is no problem it only becomes problem when u borrow to share among politicians, If OGD borrow and use it to improve the state no problem. 

shocked shocked shocked shocked  my brother, do you know OGD at all? Are you aware of what he did in trying to get his hands on 100 billion Naira 'retirement fund' disguised as a development bond? May god help us in Nigeria.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by koyaabj: 10:42am On Jun 30, 2011
KDULAR,Haba olopa ewo ntepe, in as much as u do not know the inner workings of the goverment, u may not be able to justify your claims about the PDP goverment, I know very soon u will start raining causes on the ACN govs since Amosu might not be able to perform better, Osoba left, OGD came in worked very hard in his first term before Baba iyabo and fellow Egba,s in PDP started derailing him simply because he insisted that he will hand over to an Awori person against their wish of an Egba man, he tried his best giving the situation created by the Baba iyabo click, now it is Amosu very soon all the Egg heads will start their problem, May the good lord see him through the first term. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by lagboyz: 10:53am On Jun 30, 2011
jensinmi:

Thank you very much sir. May God bless you. From Kwankwaso to Amosun to Rochas,

Everyone kicks off with the same excuses. All of this is very akin to GEJ's "4 years is not enough to make a change."

Exactly the point that I made in my previous post. Uncle Gbawe decided to ask what I expect them to do in 1 month.

I expect them to know the yoruba adage.

Omode to ba ti ma gbon, ati kekere lo ti ma se enu shuwe shuwe.
Translated: The pikin wey go know book, na from when him small we go know by the way he dey talk and him character/ sharpness.

I expect them to spend as much time talking about the solution as they do the problem.
I expect road maps, milestones, goal-setting, quantifiable achievements.

You don't need 1 year of GEJ to know that the man has no plan for Nigeria and that we should not expect any change from him. His actions in as little as 1 week can tell you.

Likewise,  1 month is enough for us to see the roadmaps and solutions that these governors have for their states. Nothing on ground yet. No Manifestos before election and no plans, milestones, roadmaps, and setting of measurable goals afterwards

Amosun said he won't probe the previous administration. Fine for him.
If that is the case, why the complaining?? - WHAT'S DONE IS DONE, LET'S BE SOLUTION ORIENTED.

We are waiting to hear solutions. Enough of the usual excuses. Everyone gives those excuses. Nigerians are tired.

Do you think the average man on ground in Ogun state cares about whether OGD left debt of N25billion or N45 billion??

People want to know what the new administration can do for them with the limited resources available. Enough excuses.

If Amosun has no idea what to do, Ekt_bear and Jensinmi do. He better start asking for our help.  grin grin grin

Amosun is as confused as other ACN governors that rode on the achievement of fashola to get to office.  it obvious that this man is confused.

OGD did not sell Olumo rock but Olumo rock was conncessioned. Who could have visted Olumo rck before he was given a facelift? Do4s government have money to finance Olumo rock among other demading needs of the state. the anser is NO.

Amosuin should stop complaing and work. He is alraedy a failure becuase he has h no masterplan.

He is only looking for excuses so as not to be blamed if he does not perform.
[color=#990000][/color][/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by lagboyz: 11:00am On Jun 30, 2011
Governor Amosun's misleading statements on Gateway Hotels' concession: True Position

The financial performance of the three Gateway Hotels have been abysmal to say the least. Available records show that only #24m dividend was ever paid into the coffers of the government for more than twenty years,right from the time they started operation to their concession. Meanwhile,a sum of USD82.68M which is in excess of cost at current value,was borrowed from external sources by previous administrations to finance the building of the three hotels. In addition to this initial payment,previous Governments gave subvension to run and maintain them because the hotels ran like government parastatals, it was a haven for senior public officers who used the facilities in the hotels virtually free-of-charge huge assets,the debt for whose construction the OGD administration inherited in 2003 and later liquidated during it's tenure,because such a waste was a drain on the resources of the government.

In 2007,the Ogun state government,through Gateway Holdings Limited GHL(its investment company),as part of its effort at economic re-engineering,embark on the commercialisation and privatisation of state owned enterprises/agencies which were hitherto operating below expectation. The revitalisation was hinged on the Public Private Partnership PPP platform. Following the inability of the hotels to meet the objectives for which they were setup and reduce government funding,the OGD administration opted to involve private investors in the management and/or ownership of the hotels. Rather outright sale,the concession option was adopted in order to preserve the interest of the government and the people of the state. Due diligence was followed all through the transaction.

The move was intended to,amongst other objectives,ensure efficient management of the hotels and generation of higher returns,generate employment for the teeming populace of the state,promote tourism in the state and ultimately partnering the private sector to drive sustainable development in the economic sector.

Towards this end,prospective investors were sought for the three (3) Gateway Hotels in Abeokuta,Ota and Ijebu-Ode.Upon the conclusion of the oppen forum,the state government set up a committee to review the report of the forum and make recommendations towards successful implementation of the commercialisation agenda. In fact, one of the hotels,precisely the one in Ijebu-Ode,was concessioned to an insurance company,Equity Assurance Ltd,in which the Ogun state government has the controlling equity. The concessioned hotel,which was rejuvenated and turned around was then renamed Equity Resort Hotel Ijebu-Ode. With this,government in a manner of speaking,ate its cake and still had it. How better could things get? for goodness sake why did SIA never made mention of #520m signature refund accrued to Ogun state govt?

Raheem Ajayi
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by COMPAQ(m): 11:04am On Jun 30, 2011
stormm:

I'm sure you are aware that privatisation is not just concessioning, The main problem here is OGD used concessioning to perpetuate fraud. So get that and stop whinning rubbish. If the bolded are your opinion, then shouldn't the incumbent look into the issues and right all wrongs.

Is it proven that the concessions were used to perpetuate fraud or you believe that just because Amosun says so.!! I am not a supporter of one over the other, but OGD is innocent until proven guilty. I have learnt long ago that the press is often a tool used to malign people in this country. If 3 major newspapers say something negative about someone consistently for a few days, a few other newspapers will pick up on that story and before you know it, wrong stories are considered as fact. If you think about it, OGD's negative publicity started when he began to have serious problems with Obasanjo and the Alake of Egbaland, all of a suden OGD, who most people feel performed well in first term is now super corrupt!! There is always more to these things than meets the eye. Who know's, it's probably because OGD didn't support Obasanjo's 3rd term bid.

I believe Amosun is playing more of a political game than anything else. If he's looking for more funds, he can start by reducing the size and cost of his government, reduce wasteful spending and improve revenue collection.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by Akanbiedu(m): 11:07am On Jun 30, 2011
I don't think those who have been abroad for a while can actually understand what has happened in Ogun especially in the last four years.

I feel like weeping for my state.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by Gbawe: 11:23am On Jun 30, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

I don't think those who have been abroad for a while can actually understand what has happened in Ogun especially in the last four years.

I feel like weeping for my state.

Thank you my brother !!! Furthermore, criticising for the sake of it does not help. Trying to label Amosun as being "without ideas" , when many do not even know his manifesto , confirms that some Nigerians have lost a sense of their own constructive civic role and responsibilities. We prefer instead to heap abuse and unfair criticism on leaders who have been in office for three weeks . We say they are not outlining their ideas while it is glaring , perhaps to folks from sophisticated polities worldwide, that it is us who have not made the effort to gain readily available knowledge that will make us better informed. Below is the manifesto of Amosun. It is a workable manifesto IMO but the man never said he will deliver what is stated below in three weeks did he?

http://senatoribikunleamosun.org/manifesto.htm

Our Five - Point Agenda

Provision of Qualitative and Affordable Education.

Quality Health Care Delivery System.

Increased Agricultural Production and Sustainable Rural Development

Provision of Affordable Housing.

Development of Infrastructure and Industrialisation.

AFFORDABLE QUALITATIVE EDUCATION

Our Administration will Increase budgetary allocation to the education sector in order to rehabilitate dilapidated buildings, construct more classroom blocks, provide a standard library in each of the local government councils in the state and also ensure availability of other required educational facilities and infrastructure in all public schools across the state. Qualified teachers will be recruited to meet the ever-increasing student population; principals and teachers will be given incentive to motivate them for enhanced productivity. The Ministry of Education and its agencies will be restructured and the monitoring and evaluation units will be reformed to make them more responsive to government policies; and ensure sustained quality in the education sector. Skill acquisition centres will be established for the unemployed, unskilled and semi-illiterate youths in each Senatorial district. This is with a view to providing opportunity, free of charge, for these categories of citizens while facilities at Special schools for the physically challenged will be provided or upgraded, where necessary. Our Administration will pay terminal examination fees for Primary School Leavers, SSCE and NECO students; give Bursary and award Scholarships to students in tertiary institutions. All the tertiary institutions of the State will be adequately funded and given freedom to operate according to their enabling laws.

QUALITY HEALTH CARE DELIVERY

Our Administration will focus on the five aspects of health care delivery namely: Promotive, Preventive, Curative, Rehabilitative and Surveillance. There will be impr.oved funding of the health sector to reconstruct and rehabilitate dilapidated and/or damaged hospital buildings; provide facilities in hospitals; recruit qualified staff; purchase and/or refurbish equipment; purchase drugs, refrigerators and computerise records in state hospitals. Medical personnel in the hospitals will be adequately remunerated and their salaries will be made competitive to enhance morale and their dedication to duty. Pipe borne water wW be provided for the populace to prevent waterrelated diseases while Environmental Sanitary Inspectors will be re-introduced to improve environmental health of the people. Our Administration will promote good nutrition of the community and provide free health care services for children aged 5years and below, pregnant women and people aged 65 years and above. Logistic support will be provided to boost the Immunization project and enhance disease control in the State.

AGRICULTURE AND SUSTAINABLE RURAL DEVELOPMENT

Our Administration will devote a significant percentage of the State's budget to Agriculture and Rural Development in order to facilitate the rehabilitation of farm settlements and existing agricultural plantations in the State; adequately fund the activities of the four parastatals under the Ministry of Agriculture; and purchase necessary farm implements and other farm inputs. Basic food crops namely Maize, Rice and Cassava, and Oil Palm as well as fish farming and livestock will be adopted for massive production in the State. Farmers will be motivated to grow the adopted crops/fisheries/livestock in the State to boost production while Entrepreneurs will be provided with necessary incentives to set up small/medium scale enterprises for farm produce. Annual agricultural festivals will be held for all the local governments and among schools in the State to rekindle interest in agriculture. Storage and processing facilities will be provided while the State Ministry of Agriculture will be repositioned to ensure effective implementation of government's agricultural and rural development policies and programmes.

RURAL DEVELOPMENT

The various Local Government Councils will be tasked and monitored to ensure that they are alive to their responsibilities of grading and maintaining rural roads and reconstructing damaged embankments and culverts. Vocational and acquisition centres will be established in each local government for the training of youths, women and other interested persons, free of charge. While Women and Youths will be encouraged to form cooperative societies, through which government will grant loans to their members for purposes of establishing small businesses. The development of small/medium scale enterprises will be encouraged through the provision of necessary infrastructure and credit facilities to private .entrepreneurs. There will be deliberate efforts on the part of government to open up the rural areas and bring government's presence closer to the people through citing of projects such as housing estates, schools and industries in these areas.

PROVISION OF AFFORDABLE HOUSING

Our Administration will facilitate the development of affordable low-cost housing on a large scale in the State, through the provision of housing along income levels. Government will act as guarantor for civil servants to obtain loans/mortgage to purchase these houses with long-term repayment scheme. The informal sector will be required to form functional cooperatives in order to access funds to purchase the houses. Our Administration will provide all existing Housing Estates with infrastructure and recreational facilities. The programmes of the various housing agencies in the State will be harmonised to ensure proper execution of government's policy on Housing and prevent duplication of efforts.

INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT AND INDUSTRIALIZATION

There will be major intervention in the provision of water in the State through adequate funding in order to rehabilitate existing water supply projects all over the State; provide bigger capacity generating sets for the water stations in the State; replace old and obsolete water machines; expand and upgrade existing water schemes where feasible; construct new water schemes to meet with the increasing population; undertake pipeline extension to areas without pipelines in the State and drill boreholes and deep wells in rural communities and semiurban centres to improve water supply and enhance the health of the communities. Township and inter-township roads will be rehabilitated and reconstructed. Local government councils will be motivated to grade rural roads. The Administration will aggressively embark on rural electrification schemes and invest in alternative power supply and transmission systems.

The Ministry of Works will be reformed and strengthened to play its statutory function of maintaining and upgrading public utilities. Existing and new private entrepreneurs in the State will be offered necessary incentives to develop, while ailing State companies will be reactivated based on status report and technical/audit reports. An Export Free Trade Zone will be activated and made functional in the State.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by nigerhead(m): 11:38am On Jun 30, 2011
I want to believe we all are still leaning towards the same thing, i.e. there should be GOOD GOVERNANCE. The only difference is how do we get there, either by concentrating on totally discrediting the previous administration or by looking forward to see how the situation can be remedied.

For me, I will plump for the double edged sword approach, nail OGD and also tell us how you plan to rescue Ogun state from its nose-dive.

I havnt said do not probe what OGD did, by all means probe him very well, and charge him to court for his crimes. BUT, I have seen this same cycle play over and over and over again. The new guy totally blames the previous guy for the mess the state is in, but after all said and done, prosecute the previous guy, we will not see , ok! move forward nko?! we will not move.

As he is telling us on the mountain top how OGD messed up the state, he should also start shouting on the mountain top how he is going to ruthlessly deal with the corruption in Ogun state and give us real tangible road maps and milestones, so that in 4 years time, if its just the whole agriculture industry he has revolutionalised in Ogun state, then we will bear witness and say that he did well (dont count on it though, some of us will still come and bash him, that he is a thief too  grin grin grin, such is life)

Look at the speeches of Western leaders, as they tell us the problems on ground and tell us how messed up their predecessors were; they also tell us the specific action plans they have on ground already, and they do it continuously. So that its easy for the local man and the international man to say "this is what this Man or Woman is planning to achieve". How many people have the time to go and read through manifesto. Thank God he put it up there, 5point agenda ba, very good. May God prosper his ways and grant him the wisdom to accomplish what he can.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by success4(m): 11:41am On Jun 30, 2011
Amosun 100days in office might be  = complain   lol
Amosun  2yrs in office might be  =We need to re-structure  rlmao
Amosun 4yrs in office might be = paltry excuses here n there      roflmao

Common wake up and stop ranting! If it were to be ACN governor he succeeded will he be ranting like this?

I hate PDP and OGD with passion, however, you got to move on.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 30, 2011
koyaabj:

KDULAR,Haba olopa ewo ntepe, in as much as u do not know the inner workings of the goverment, u may not be able to justify your claims about the PDP goverment, I know very soon u will start raining causes on the ACN govs since Amosu might not be able to perform better, Osoba left, OGD came in worked very hard in his first term before Baba iyabo and fellow Egba,s in PDP started derailing him simply because he insisted that he will hand over to an Awori person against their wish of an Egba man, he tried his best giving the situation created by the Baba iyabo click, now it is Amosu very soon all the Egg heads will start their problem, May the good lord see him through the first term. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Abeg who send am message to handover to an Awori person at all costs?  The nonsense divide and rule / power play between him and OBJ had absolutely nothing to do with wanting to handover to an Awori.  The same Awori folks who voted en masse for Amosun, rather than Olurin or Isiaka
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by Delafruita(m): 11:56am On Jun 30, 2011
@koyaabj
you really want to know the big deal with debt?firstly,the servicing of the debts left by daniel will take a chunk out of the allocation of state.its going to be really difficult for ogun state if debt servicing becomes the highest expenditure it has moreso since the loan has been received and expended.its going to mean less money is available for capital expenditure.secondly a high debt profile is going to make ogun a bad candidate for further loans and grants.thirdly,a high debt profile means that the progressive governor saddled with the task of justifying his mandate despite such debt will have to seek lternative means of funds like increasing the IGR.now that's very easy to say but then you need to understand that IGR is going to come directly/indirectly from the ciizens of ogun.amosun has pledged free education so school fees re definitely no-go area.healthcare is also a no-go area.so the areas he might have to fall back on is primarily taxes of various types.levies might be increased,taxes would hike,the workforce might be scrutinised for ghost workers(though it might not yield so much difference).this increases in taxes and levies would impact on the ordinary citizen who would then turnaround to ly the blame at the feet of amosun.but if you critically assess the situation,amosun might not have had to mke those increments if daniel had not saddled him with such debt and the only reason he might make the increments is because he wants development for his state.i wonder what state ogun would have been if daniel had laid his hands on the 100billion naira bond.lets give amosun time to ssess the situation properly and come out with way forward.its not how fast but how well.i believe he will turn things around
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by Gbawe: 12:04pm On Jun 30, 2011
nigerhead:

As he is telling us on the mountain top how OGD messed up the state, he should also start shouting on the mountain top how he is going to ruthlessly deal with the corruption in Ogun state and give us real tangible road maps and milestones, so that in 4 years time, if its just the whole agriculture industry he has revolutionalised in Ogun state, then we will bear witness and say that he did well

He does that consistently , and it is even evident in the article,  but some do not notice it because they are only interested in negative things same as how human beings generally pay more attention to one act of misconduct from a man while they can conveniently forget his many good deed. We are told he is "b.itching" about the concessioning of Ogun State assets in this article "without proposing solutions". What manner of unfairness made people miss this:

He, however, said his government was resolved to look into all of these and review them.

"If it affects any of you our Kabiyesi, it is nothing personal, it is about the state. I am not here to witch-hunt anybody," he said.

What more could a fair person expect Amosun to say or do? rescind everything rashly  as Yar Adua did when he became President to the extent that , Internationally , we were purported to be a nation "not good for business" since , fundamentally, we are not cognisant of contractual obligations and the need to abide by them?

With the minimum wage , does he not state that Ogun may have to borrow to pay it? What should he do ? Arrogantly ignore the impasse regarding paying workers only to then begin building roads and hospitals?

I guess it is also easy , in the same article , to ignore his pledge for urban renewal when one is dedicated to negativity and unfair criticism alone:

He said he decided to address the traditional rulers to carry them along in the business of governance. He said his administration would renew the urban areas, which will affect some buildings.

"We will be stepping on toes in trying to rebuild the state, but we have to," he said. "In all we do, we will not allow our people to suffer. We will provide alternative. It is not to demolish for demolishing sake, our people have suffered a lot, we will not add to their problems. We will take briefing from you. When we veer off the track, feel free to correct us."
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by Gbawe: 12:12pm On Jun 30, 2011
COMPAQ:

Is it proven that the concessions were used to perpetuate fraud or you believe that just because Amosun says so.!! I am not a supporter of one over the other, but OGD is innocent until proven guilty. I have learnt long ago that the press is often a tool used to malign people in this country. If 3 major newspapers say something negative about someone consistently for a few days, a few other newspapers will pick up on that story and before you know it, wrong stories are considered as fact. If you think about it, OGD's negative publicity started when he began to have serious problems with Obasanjo and the Alake of Egbaland, all of a suden OGD, who most people feel performed well in first term is now super corrupt!! There is always more to these things than meets the eye. Who know's, it's probably because OGD didn't support Obasanjo's 3rd term bid.

I believe Amosun is playing more of a political game than anything else. If he's looking for more funds, he can start by reducing the size and cost of his government, reduce wasteful spending and improve revenue collection.

What else could it be ? Gbenga Daniel stopped pretending to be interested in the effective leadership of Ogun state circa 5 years ago!!! Everything he did from that point on was a glaring testimony to corruption, neglect of the State and cynical self-aggrandizement finally ending with his blatant and[b] much-condemned[/b] attempt to use legislative gangsterism to obtain a 100 billion Naira bond !!!!!
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by semidaraeb(m): 12:41pm On Jun 30, 2011
@jensimi and eket bear well said we should stop deceiving ourselves with the A.C.N governors can do better theme and face facts. In the first place all this governors were in PDP except for Fashola and Ogbeni R, if they could contest governorship election and win under PDP would they have decamped hell no so why the fuse about they peforming wonders in their various states they only decamped to A.C.N to win elections so we should stop looking at them like performers because they are not. Secondly all states are in debts even though level of debts may differ and am sure there are worse states than Ogun like someone pointed out, a month is more than enough for someone in government with prior experience like Amosun and Ajumobi to articulate a plan of action to grow the economies of their states and improve on the welfare of the people in the state. If they are complaining it shows they have nothing to offer as its just going to be business as usual.l states are in debts even though level of debts may differ and am sure there are worse states than Ogun like someone pointed out, a month is more than enough for someone in government with prior experience like Amosun and Ajumobi to articulate a plan of action to grow the economies of their states and improve on the welfare of the people in the state. If they are complaining it shows they have nothing to offer as its just going to be business as usual.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by Delafruita(m): 1:27pm On Jun 30, 2011
@semidareb
only amosun and ajimobi came to ACN from other parties.the problem is that individuals fail to differentiate between politics and governance.politics is what gets you power while the way you use power is called governance.am sure a lot of people are criticizing amosun because he is from ACN and they believe if he so much wnted the power,he should have thought of how to use it before getting there.in my state (kwara),the incumbent governor abdulfatah ahmed was in saraki's cabinet for 8years,after he was sworn in,he stated that he was going to take time to study the situation.he has not even made an official address to the state till now.amosun on his part won election from an opposition party that ws not privy to the necessary information required to run the state and you expect him to immediately start awarding contracts,employing youths,building schools etc?he has taken the right step by doing an analysis of the current financial status of the state.when fayemi was sworn in,his first action was to freeze all state accounts,he then did a proper audit of the accounts to determine the financial state,debt rate etc.it ws fter that he then reviewed all contracts awarded uder segun oni and i can state categorically that he is performing well.when mimiko was sworn in,his first action was to audit,same with shekarau,chime,aliyu etc.i wonder what the hullaballo about amosun's audit is.even the bible says that a man that wants to build a house must first count the cost.amosun needs to know how much the state owes,how much is owed the state and then i believe he will forge ahead.ACN is a progressive party and with amosun in the fold of the progressives,the sky will be the limit.we in kwar are praying earnestly for the courts to throw out the PDP because we know a slow to act ACN is far better than an "initial gragra with nothing to show at the end" PDP governor
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by aribisala0(m): 1:40pm On Jun 30, 2011
those of you praising fashola now might take some time to cosider why he was able to get to work immediately. in my view his direct predecessor has by far the greater achievements .
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by atasteve: 2:07pm On Jun 30, 2011
Haaaaa! This is revealing!!! shocked
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by DaDoctor: 2:23pm On Jun 30, 2011
SO LAGOS EARNS THIS MUCH?? MUCH MORE THAN OIL PRODUCING STATES?

Yet Lagos is not at its best?

God dey o!
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by stormm: 2:46pm On Jun 30, 2011
@compaq,

I suggest you read through what SIA has said. What do you make of the concessioning; Economic brigandage or unbundling inefficiency?

How inefficient is Ogun State House, VI, Lagos. Do you know that Apoje Oil Farm has always been a profitable venture? FYI, Apoje Oil Farm is one of the farm settlements, legacy Western region. Are you aware that the same OGD was claimed they invested in turnaround for Gateway hotels? Before concessioning, have they considered other privatisation options, by today's property valuation in Nigeria, are you saying OGD sold barren land? C'mon.

Even the federal govt under Obj considered various options before unbundling. And in cases where fraud or untoward action is suspected, the privatisation is reversed. For example, Transcorp/Nitel, Folio Comminications/Daily Times(Anosike brothers are currentlt being prosecuted) among several others.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by Gbawe: 3:33pm On Jun 30, 2011
semidaraeb:

@jensimi and eket bear well said we should stop deceiving ourselves with the  A.C.N governors can do better theme and face facts. In the first place all this governors were in PDP except for Fashola and Ogbeni R, if they could contest governorship election and win under PDP would they have decamped hell no so why the fuse about they peforming wonders in their various states they only decamped to A.C.N to win elections so we should stop looking at them like performers because they are not. Secondly all states are in debts even though level of debts may differ and am sure there are worse states than Ogun like someone pointed out, a month is more than enough for someone in government with prior experience like Amosun and Ajumobi to articulate a plan of action to grow the economies of their states and improve on the welfare of the people in the state. If they are complaining it shows they have nothing to offer as its just going to be business as usual.l states are in debts even though level of debts may differ and am sure there are worse states than Ogun like someone pointed out, a month is more than enough for someone in government with prior experience like Amosun and Ajumobi to articulate a plan of action to grow the economies of their states and improve on the welfare of the people in the state. If they are complaining it shows they have nothing to offer as its just going to be business as usual.

It will be good if we all understand how political Parties work universally rather than hold up the PDP model as the norm. It does not matter where Amosun and Ajimobi came from . By joining the ACN Party , they have accepted to implement the welfarist and leftist ideologies of the ACN. There should be Party review mechanism in place to monitor their progress and we should not take it for granted that those who do not perform will routinely gain the ACN's ticket to return to office in 4 years. OGD became a "devil" while in the PDP. In 2006 the PDP had the chance to deny him of the ticket. Yet, what did OBJ say? He actually endorsed OGD for another 4 years by saying that "OGD may be a devil but he is our devil" !!! It is the PDP that lets its Governors become unchecked demi-gods who can do whatever they please because the Party's agenda is not one of development or accountability to anyone .

It is also the PDP that rewards corruption and misrule , ala Uduaghan , Alao Akala et al, with more time in office. Even Amaechi , one of the best PDP Governor, was almost denied the PDP ticket by a vindictive OBJ who did everything to frustrate his emergence perhaps because he prefers outright misrulers.  What is seen with the PDP (the return of Uduaghan et al) should ordinarily not be the case for a responsible and people-oriented political Party that still retains the right to deny non-performers Party ticket in future.

If the ACN oversight function is good then I don't see any of the Party's Governors becoming anywhere near as corrupt or as ineffective as the PDP Governors they have replaced.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by phillipe: 4:04pm On Jun 30, 2011
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43590961/ns/travel-news/

you argue logically and intelligently. Are you a Legal practitioner?
Contact me i should have a job for you.

Nice Pay package. you might actually work 7 times a year for me
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by Kasiem2: 4:23pm On Jun 30, 2011
A man is determined to lead a sinnful life, despite, all the warnings of hell, on getting to hell after his death, he started crying tht he never knew that hell was this bad. So, should God take the fact that he lacks proper knowledge of how bad hell is, and release him? For all i care, once u determined to pursue something, u mst be ready to see many unforeseen challenges. Amosun came to rescue people who've been pushed into ocean, should he keep complaining of how the destroyer pushed them into the ocean, until, the people that he's rescuing dies? Ths more like a soldier that enters a battlefield, on hear the sound of a gun, turns around to complain that he never had any idea of the existence of the gun.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Assassinate Traditional Ruler In Enugu / Reps Summon Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Others Over Stolen Pension Funds / No Plan To Dethrone Emir Sanusi II - Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.