Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,610 members, 7,972,241 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 07:17 AM

Nigeria To Buy Electricity From Cameroun - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria To Buy Electricity From Cameroun (539 Views)

Secondary School Students Generate Electricity From Waste Oil, Water / Teenagers Generate Electricity From Waste Oil, Water / Best University In Nigeria To Study Mechanical Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria To Buy Electricity From Cameroun by chinaaman(f): 6:31am On Jun 29, 2011
I have been hearing that we buy electricity from Benin without believing it but this confirmed news of buying from Cameroon convinced me.

Quote:
In an unprecedented move by any Nigerian institution, the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is to receive 30 megawatts of electricity from neighbouring Cameroon.

This, the institution said, was aimed at alleviating the acute shortage of electricity in the AUN community and
environs.

The Cameroonian High Commissioner to Nigeria, Ambassador Salahuddeen Ibrahim-Abbas, said his country was willing to assist Nigeria in whichever way it could.

Ibrahim-Abbas, who led a team of 10 Cameroonian officials to the university on Tuesday June 6, was said to have visited Adamawa State for a diplomatic meeting on the interconnection of power within Nigeria and Cameroon.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Out / Hello There Community / Why Dont We Read In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.