Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,762 members, 7,930,615 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 11:12 PM

As A Christian, What Is Your Personal View As Regards Levirate Marriage? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Christian, What Is Your Personal View As Regards Levirate Marriage? (327 Views)

As A Christian, What Is Your Best Posture Or Position When Praying? / As A Christian What Will You Do If You Found This? / Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Christian, What Is Your Personal View As Regards Levirate Marriage? by winningwinner(m): 8:03am On Mar 06, 2022
Levirate marriage is a type of marriage in which the brother of a deceased man is obliged to marry his brother's widow. Levirate marriage has been practiced by societies with a strong clan structure in which exogamous marriage (i.e. marriage outside the clan) is forbidden.

As a Christian, What is Your Personal View as Regards Levirate Marriage? Is there any Biblical support for this?
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Personal View As Regards Levirate Marriage? by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 06, 2022
winningwinner:
Levirate marriage is a type of marriage in which the brother of a deceased man is obliged to marry his brother's widow. Levirate marriage has been practiced by societies with a strong clan structure in which exogamous marriage (i.e. marriage outside the clan) is forbidden.

As a Christian, What is Your Personal View as Regards Levirate Marriage? Is there any Biblical support for this?

Nahhhh....
There's no way on Earth I'm marrying her undecided...
She's now a member of my family ((sister in-law)), so if I marry a member of my family, is that not incest?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Personal View As Regards Levirate Marriage? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:48pm On Mar 06, 2022
winningwinner:

First, "levirate marriage" is shit. It does not exist after all before Ruth and Boaz from which the Levite marriage shit comes from, Judah's evil sons did it, and yet no judahrite marriage.

So throw that shit into the fire.

Therefore, the question is, brother wants to marry his brother's widow.

The Law of Righteousness in that case would direct the flow, for there are many Wrongs that are in it and must not be in it.

The Spirit directs these things!
Re: As A Christian, What Is Your Personal View As Regards Levirate Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 5:52pm On Mar 06, 2022
winningwinner:

Your levirate marriages have nothing to do with God or Christianity nor is there anything scriptural about these traditions. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Christ’s Mission On Earth Was For Israel Alone Not For The World Biblically. / Those Of You Who Are Spiritual, Correct People Gently, Not Harshly!! / What Has Really Changed When It Comes To Palm Sunday Celebration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.