Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,746 members, 7,875,861 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:52 PM

If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice (1032 Views)

My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me / Dad Sends His Wife Hilarious Photos Everytime She Asks If The Kids Are Okay / 'I Have Been Sleeping With Your Brother' – Wife Tells Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by lalabamba: 10:22am On Mar 06, 2022
You Hear a knock on your door and its your nephew. Your brother sent him all the way from Nigeria to your house abroad on student visa expecting that you will house him and pay his school fees in a University. You live live in a one room apartment with your caucasian wife. What will you do?

1 Like

Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by Amotolongbo(f): 10:23am On Mar 06, 2022
lalabamba:
You Hear a knock on your door and its your nephew. Your brother sent him all the way from Nigeria to your house abroad on student visa expecting that you will house him and pay his school fees in a University. You live live in a one room apartment with your caucasian wife. What will you do?
wrong imagination.

3 Likes

Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by thesicilian: 10:31am On Mar 06, 2022
lalabamba:
Lol. How will they know your house address in the first place?

5 Likes

Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by dawnomike(m): 10:32am On Mar 06, 2022
lalabamba:
I will send him back without notice... If the boys father does not have sense enough to reach out first, at least; his son should have a bit of brain to reach out before coming blindly

7 Likes

Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by lalabamba: 10:32am On Mar 06, 2022
thesicilian:

Lol. How will they know your house address in the first place?

They have sent you a package before and they talked with you and casually asked if you have moved and you said no without suspecting
Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by lalabamba: 10:37am On Mar 06, 2022
dawnomike:
I will send him back without notice... If the boys father does not have sense enough to reach out first, at least; his son should have a bit of brain to reach out before coming blindly
You know how elders settle this matter. Have mercy and accomodate him he has already come
Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by lalabamba: 10:42am On Mar 06, 2022
He lied that his son got scholarship and housing only to ask the boy and he said its only $2,000 out of $35,000

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by ImaIma1(f): 10:56am On Mar 06, 2022
lalabamba:
He lied that his son got scholarship and housing only to ask the boy and he said its only $2,000 out of $35,000

cheesy 2k out of 35k...lol

Don't say anything. Just book a flight, take him to the airport and watch him board and go.

When they see him at their doorstep, they will get the message. Everybody should be mad together.

6 Likes

Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by imran90(m): 10:58am On Mar 06, 2022
lalabamba:
Maybe we should forget about the accommodation first and do some calculation, if you take 2k out 35k=$33000 is what your brother expecting you to pay this huge amount without informing you ahead? Just tell the boy to forget about study and start hustling.

5 Likes

Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by lalabamba: 11:03am On Mar 06, 2022
imran90:
Maybe we should forget about the accommodation first and do some calculation, if you take 2k out 35k=$33000 is what your brother expecting you to pay this huge amount without informing you ahead? Just tell the boy to forget about study and start hustling.

theres no space for this boy in the apartment. his $400 cant do nothing for him

2 Likes

Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by Mindlog: 11:17am On Mar 06, 2022
Living in a one room apartment with a Caucasian wife is a reflection one is struggling financially and springing such a surprise is very wrong, he better head back to Nigeria or lose his studentship (immigration violation) to go hustle under the table jobs

2 Likes

Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by densiks: 11:22am On Mar 06, 2022
I will take him in and fix him the best way i can.

2 Likes

Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by ShenTeh(m): 11:25am On Mar 06, 2022
That's totally unacceptable. Again, with your Caucasian wife in the mix, that changes the dynamics. She no go gree.

Please call your brother and let him know that you can't foot that bill and he should seek help elsewhere. You can only house him for 1/2 weeks and he'll have to leave.

Meanwhile, please if you can help, do it. Help him get an accomodation and 'show him the way' if you can.
Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by shawante(m): 11:28am On Mar 06, 2022
It's very wrong of the parents but just let it slide and house him you never know what 2morow holds..
Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by Richy4(m): 12:08pm On Mar 06, 2022
Let me grudgingly assume that the story is true,...
<<< For him to be given a full visa, he should have demonstrated that he has paid his own part of the scholarship... And also a Bank statement that shows his ability to pay in future and also sustain himself in terms of feeding... How did he circumvent that?

<<< For him to be granted a visa, there should be a booking either a hotel/ hostel or house that will be hosting him... Was there an attestation letter written by you that was included in the visa that says that u Will be hosting him for the duration of his stay in that country as a student...

<<<how did he get to know the state/ province that u were residing that made him secure an admission/ scholarship in that same state?....
<<<There are so many questions I would have asked but let me just apply a break here....

4 Likes

Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by Ifyjos(f): 12:11pm On Mar 06, 2022
Accommodate him and get him a 5am cleaning job in Walmart. Case closed
Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 06, 2022
dawnomike:

You can't blame the child on this one chief...
Because if that child insists on calling his uncle first before going, to an average Nigerian parent, that child is stubborn/disobedient/arrogant/lacks respect...

What if the child doesn't have his uncle's number? Or a phone? What if he was made to believe that his uncle had consented to his coming? Will that be considered as the child not having "a bit of brain"?

So it's the parent we have to hold responsible here....
Me i Sha know that I would send that child back asap to his parents....
Let them seek my consent first, we agree on a stipulated amount they'll pay to contribute to their child's growth and then we can see how things go from there....

1 Like

Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 06, 2022
I do not give my address to anyone.

1 Like

Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by Mariangeles(f): 4:01pm On Mar 06, 2022
lalabamba:

theres no space for this boy in the apartment. his $400 cant do nothing for him

He's come too far to be sent back.
Help him settle in and get a job.
Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by GboyegaD(m): 4:21pm On Mar 06, 2022
The situation isn't one that can be imagined. 2k out of 33k is ridiculous however, understanding how things work, I will advice he switches to a STEM program in a community college and start from a certificate course that guarantees him OPT.

As for accommodation, I will find a friend or fellow student of his who can help by allowing him squat at a very little fee monthly.

As for food, I will teach him how to manage his expense such that he will eat good meal at very low price. He will learn to eat chicken, pork, potatoes, rice, canned tomatoes, and canned beans.

I will connect him to every reasonable resources I know can help him get better and make him commit we are reducing communications with his parents with respect to his welfare and my life before they spring up another surprise either from them or other family member.

4 Likes

Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by lalabamba: 4:48pm On Mar 06, 2022
Ifyjos:
Accommodate him and get him a 5am cleaning job in Walmart. Case closed

Accommodate him in a one room apartment with his caucasian wife who does not allow her own mother and siblings to come to the house when they visit?

2 Likes

Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by lalabamba: 4:58pm On Mar 06, 2022
GboyegaD:
The situation isn't one that can be imagined. 2k out of 33k is ridiculous however, understanding how things work, I will advice he switches to a STEM program in a community college and start from a certificate course that guarantees him OPT.

As for accommodation, I will find a friend or fellow student of his who can help by allowing him squat at a very little fee monthly.

As for food, I will teach him how to manage his expense such that he will eat good meal at very low price. He will learn to eat chicken, pork, potatoes, rice, canned tomatoes, and canned beans.

I will connect him to every reasonable resources I know can help him get better and make him commit we are reducing communications with his parents with respect to his welfare and my life before they spring up another surprise either from them or other family member.

its easier to do do those in nigeria. here there are homeless people and they have relatives. why send a boy abroad with such poor arrangement

1 Like

Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by lalabamba: 5:03pm On Mar 06, 2022
Mariangeles:

He's come too far to be sent back.
Help him settle in and get a job.

i pity the boy. this man lives on a tight budget. he cant live in his apartment. the best he can do for him is pay for hotel for one week with his credit card

1 Like

Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by GboyegaD(m): 5:16pm On Mar 06, 2022
lalabamba:

its easier to do do those in nigeria. here there are homeless people and they have relatives. why send a boy abroad with such poor arrangement

Unfortunately, he is here already so what can the uncle do? Send him back to his destruction knowing he's going back to the life he thought he left behind? He can find his way without the uncle so why not be a good guide instead? Apparently, the uncle must have been creating an atmosphere of him been capable.
Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by naija4life247: 10:04pm On Mar 06, 2022
lalabamba:

Shebi you have been posing to be a big boy, and has been oppressing those in Nigeria who don't know that you are a labourer abroad scotting with a white girl in a one room face me I face you, prove your big boyism nah

1 Like

Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by TheCongo2: 11:08pm On Mar 06, 2022
naija4life247:

Shebi you have been posing to be a big boy , and has been oppressing those in Nigeria who don't know that you are a labourer abroad scotting with a white girl in a one room face me I face you, prove your big boyism nah

Lol.. my thoughts
Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by bigl: 12:46am On Mar 07, 2022
dawnomike:

Seconded!

I also won't tolerate such nonsense!
Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by cococandy(f): 2:41am On Mar 07, 2022
lalabamba:

i pity the boy. this man lives on a tight budget. he cant live in his apartment. the best he can do for him is pay for hotel for one week with his credit card

How did he get a credit card?
Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by bigjackass: 9:23am On Mar 07, 2022
op which of the abroad are you talking about because student visas don't work that way for the US and co. School fees and housing must be paid for or accounted for before they grant anyone visa. Abi you dey whyne us ni undecided
Re: If Your Brother Sends His Son To Your House Abroad Without Notice by lalabamba: 1:56pm On Mar 07, 2022
cococandy:

How did he get a credit card?

Uncle has a credit card.

he (nephew) cant live in his (uncle) apartment. the best he (uncle) can do for him (nephew) is pay for hotel for one week with his (uncle) credit card

(1) (Reply)

Doing "business"/too Cheap With Wife And Kids / Have Your Say: Twins Wedding / Beware: New Strategy Of Scammers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.